ADVERTISEMENT

Spare the remarks, I know you don't care, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD

Originally posted by TheDude41:
This thread could use an Icey Mike.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
I love TheDude41
smile.r191677.gif
he gets me

Nothing like a good Ethiopian Can Opener.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by houstonearler:
This place is no different than any other large college football fan board. When things are tough, they are hard to read. People need to stop being puzzies and just accept that.

There's a lot of truth to this.

I can assure you this is not the case......I have subs to other sites and it's nowhere near this way...Of course there is some bickering back and forth. I have to honestly say that most of the peeps on the other boards do show a lot more respect to others than what you find here. They don't have peeps running GIFs on everyone either. I enjoy a lot of the gifs until they are used to down someone in place of typed words...JMO

Originally posted by Hello Nasty:
I am so glad my life is more than a sports message board. More than sports. More than caring what strangers on an internet think or don't think.

Ketch, just for the record, I still love this place and the jerks that post on it. Even the ones I've blocked. Even the attempted trolls. It's just for fun for me and it should be for everyone on here.
Said the poster with 18 posts per day for 12 months. Just sayin......

Ketch
Could we subdivide the blog
by content before or after posting like
We do the corral

Political - the corral
High school recruitment - another new blog
Anything on Mac or Deloss - Another new blog
Basketball and volleyball - new blog
Baseball and golf and track- new blogs

It would make the board more accessible for those with particular needs and let the 'Mac and Deloss have there own area

It can be done but might take one additionally staff

Ok to criticize, but no reason to bring down the whole program base on 1 or 2 over. The hill hirings.

The loyal fans are getting upset with the naysayers

Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD:
ummmm.......did anyone notice this on the OP's fan page?

Am I the only one that thinks this is creepy?

1/16 3:22 AM
Taylor, I've watched you a number of times of TV and I believe you have the right idea with your cleavage. Every person has to have a hook or they're soon forgotten. Use it or lose it. However, you get on camera and cover it up with your beautiful hair. You set your hook up, then cover it up. That hook is what made Dolly Parton and others famous. Others in your profession use that same method to their advantage. Erin comes to mind. Do not hesitate to do so or you will lose out on opportunities. It's still a man's world out there and they will say, well, Taylor is not afraid to get in front of the camera with her boobs showing so she's got the balls to get a job done. Pardon the pun! TAke it from someone who listened to men in boardrooms who made decisions based on that. If a woman was not afraid to talk and not afraid to use her female assets, that's what the bigwigs look for. Trust me. I heard it all the time. I know it sounds bad but Erin and all the others have done whatever it took to get to wherever they are; don't think for a moment they haven't. A woman in a man's world still has to do whatever she has to do. It sounds bad and you and Erin and everyone else can deny whatever anyone says you did but if you turn someone down you've turned down your opportunity. By the way, I have no dog in this fight. I'm retired. I just think highy of you and want you to succeed. Anyone who tells you I'm feeding you a line of bullshit is feeding you a line of bullshit. You be sweet as you are and don't sweat the other things. In the long run they fade away. Don't get mad at me for telling you this. I only mean good for you.
[/B]

Awesome.

Originally posted by utarlington1:
Ketch
Could we subdivide the blog
by content before or after posting like
We do the corral

Political - the corral
High school recruitment - another new blog
Anything on Mac or Deloss - Another new blog
Basketball and volleyball - new blog
Baseball and golf and track- new blogs

It would make the board more accessible for those with particular needs and let the 'Mac and Deloss have there own area

It can be done but might take one additionally staff

Ok to criticize, but no reason to bring down the whole program base on 1 or 2 over. The hill hirings.

The loyal fans are getting upset with the naysayers
everyone thinks they have a solution

I take this message board stuff seriously, and you should too.

Originally posted by Los Corralles:

Originally posted by Hello Nasty:
I am so glad my life is more than a sports message board. More than sports. More than caring what strangers on an internet think or don't think.

Ketch, just for the record, I still love this place and the jerks that post on it. Even the ones I've blocked. Even the attempted trolls. It's just for fun for me and it should be for everyone on here.
Said the poster with 18 posts per day for 12 months. Just sayin......
I've actually been a member since the day this site started. Been with Ketch since the 360 board. Not sure why the shield says 12 months and not particularly concerned about it.

Originally posted by MikeCorleone:
Originally posted by Supesec:
Keep in mind a lot of posters are trolls and are not Texas fans. I think a pretty significant percentage are aggies, or OU fans.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Exactly. I wish the mods would aggressively delete those accounts. They are easy to spot.

+1

I've been noticing that most of the crap threads are started by posters I've never seen or heard of before.

Hornbacker - stick around, this too shall pass.

It's a bad time in the Longhorn nation. Lots of adversity right in front of us. People react much differently to adversity across the board and that's what you're seeing.

This board generally goes as the program goes. It's a great place to be when things are good. A not so great place when things are bad. It's just been a long time since things have been this bad.

We should probably find ways to stick together, better understand each other, practice some restraint and respect, and this board becomes a much better place. But it's tough when there's so many trolls roaming freely.

This thread should go in the classics for future references

Originally posted by SirHornsalot:

Originally posted by MikeCorleone:

Originally posted by Supesec:
Keep in mind a lot of posters are trolls and are not Texas fans. I think a pretty significant percentage are aggies, or OU fans.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Exactly. I wish the mods would aggressively delete those accounts. They are easy to spot.

+1

I've been noticing that most of the crap threads are started by posters I've never seen or heard of before.

Hornbacker - stick around, this too shall pass.

It's a bad time in the Longhorn nation. Lots of adversity right in front of us. People react much differently to adversity across the board and that's what you're seeing.

This board generally goes as the program goes. It's a great place to be when things are good. A not so great place when things are bad. It's just been a long time since things have been this bad.

We should probably find ways to stick together, better understand each other, practice some restraint and respect, and this board becomes a much better place. But it's tough when there's so many trolls roaming freely.
that's a good take sha.

Using the ignore function works for me. Cannot stand the negativity. I probably have 50 or so of the negative guys on my ignore list, and add to it daily.

Originally posted by Reverent Horn:

Originally posted by Salty Mule:

Originally posted by houstonearler:
This place is no different than any other large college football fan board. When things are tough, they are hard to read. People need to stop being puzzies and just accept that.
There's a lot of truth to this.

We will continue to do the best job we can to police the boards and take out the trash, but there are a lot of angry people right now and they ARE Longhorn fans.

It's a tough passion to have when the return on the investment is way behind and the last three years added up have taken a toll on people.

If you see specific posts or posters that you believe are an issue, I encourage you to email. help by being part of the solution. It helps to have eyeballs that will help.
I have many of the same feelings as the original poster with the exception of Taylor's cleavage. The problem with your response Ketch is that many of us think this board and you should have higher standards. Part of what made this board so much better than all the others was the combination of great info and incite provided by moderators and just as importantly, it members.

Unfortunately many of the great members have been unfairly treated poorly. These are people that help build this site reputation and are now being told to "stop being puzzies and just accept that". To say just accept it is a shitty answer to a complaint by many. Hell I am angry but I am not on the site berating other members just because I am angry. Yall have no problem keeping the political post and breast off the site shouldn't that hard to keep a few obnoxious members off either.

This post was edited on 12/10 9:06 PM by Salty Mule
Good point Salty. Been discussing this very thing tonight in an email thread with other posters.
I haven't seen anything in my inbox.
wink.r191677.gif
saltymule@gmail.com

Originally posted by VeryOldHorn:

Using the ignore function works for me. Cannot stand the negativity. I probably have 50 or so of the negative guys on my ignore list, and add to it daily.
Test

My lasting impression / thought after just having read this thread for the first time is...I really hope that the OP doesn't have a daughter.

I don't think the expectation of allowing dissenting opinions while mandating civil behavior is an unreasonable one.

I agree with everything you said. Don't let a few spoiled children ruin it for you.

I agree with the OP 100% and even though I've been here from the very first month over a decade ago, I'm very seriously considering dropping my sub next month when it's up.

As someone said, this board has always been my refuge. A place I could come and talk Texas sports (or anything else) with "friends". We didn't always agree but we were still friends. It's not fun anymore...so why do it? Someone else said people can't handle someone having a different opinion. That's not it at all. It's the incessant beating of the dead horse. The hijacking of AIDT every single thread. The revisionist history and the constant statements of opinions as facts. It got old a long time ago. I step away a while hoping it will die down but when I come back its still there. Just as bad if not worse.

Several years ago I thought about starting a private board...just for discussion among friends that was invitation only. We wouldn't always agree with each other but at least it would be a place were we could go to have a mature discussion.

I'm really sorry I never did that now that this board has become what it has become.

Actually, I think OB is a microcosm of our society these days and that is the lack of civility in just about everything we do. Can't have a discussion, debate a subject, disagree, have a conflict, etc without insulting or attacking the other person, party, position.

As a long time OB member, I agree with a lot of the OPs thoughts but I also enjoy some of the board's evolution. I wish there were fewer attacks but I tend to skip those threads or pass over those posts until I see a credible comment.

FYI< I'm the one that had the pleasure of notifying Taylor of this thread's existence.
smokin.r191677.gif
What was her reaction? Was she creeped out?
something like this I suppose.....

tumblr_mcpzwe0PW41rj3izuo1_500.gif

Originally posted by IMFletch:
I don't think the expectation of allowing dissenting opinions while mandating civil behavior is an unreasonable one.
I'd like to think that's the case, but when you have more than 13,000 people it's hard to get everyone on board with this way of thinking.

Originally posted by CM286456:
It appears this site is divided into two camps. Those that want to force change and those that don't. If a person wants Mack gone then that person is negative and should be run off the board. If u like things like they are, then your a sunshine pumper who has lost touch with reality. Which ever side you take that person is attacked and insulted. There has to be some middle ground here because everyone has a right to an opinion.
The really sad part is this is what is happening "inside the 40 acres". There is not a lot of positive things happening for Texas sports right now.
That is not the situation. You are correct, there are two camps: Those that want Mack gone and never stop posting their negative crap over and over; jumping in on every positive thread to spew their poison. And the other camp that also would like to see a coaching change, but has accepted the fact that the decision makers have decided to give Mack another year. Those of us who feel that way still want to support the program, talk about next year, etc... without having to have the naysayers bring their negative perspective to every thread.

They have a right to post their whining, but damn it is exasperating.
Pretty much summed it up perfectly.

What a great many pster's on ths site lack s emotional intelligence. They completely lack the ability to listen to and analyze while still respecting divergent opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT