ADVERTISEMENT

Speculate on LIV/PGA merger implications ITT

curveball1

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2016
Houston
I would love to get OB's speculation on how things could project. Further this being OB, we probably have a lot of oil ex-pats who have lived in the area or military dudes with service over there experienced with the climate.

- Is there going to be year round golf? I can't imagine playing there in the summer.
- Are they going to require a certain attendance level at Saudi events in order to qualify for championships or will the purses induce that by themselves?
- Are they going to add another Major?

I would love to get OB's speculation on how things could project. Further this being OB, we probably have a lot of oil ex-pats who have lived in the area or military dudes with service over there experienced with the climate.

- Is there going to be year round golf? I can't imagine playing there in the summer.
- Are they going to require a certain attendance level at Saudi events in order to qualify for championships or will the purses induce that by themselves?
- Are they going to add another Major?
They're aren't moving the tour over to Saudi Arabia. Most of the events will still be played here in the US.

Reactions: curveball1
They're aren't moving the tour over to Saudi Arabia. Most of the events will still be played here in the US.
I wasn't saying that. I think starting the season earlier over in Saudi Arabia when it's cooler playing a few weeks, then go to Pebble Beach to cut the length of the flight to play in Hawaii. Then it's back to stateside.

There's about 3 weeks a year in Riyahd where it would be bearable to play golf.

There's about 3 weeks a year in Riyahd where it would be bearable to play golf.
This is useful information. Thanks for sharing. I have a work colleague who served in the Navy, when they went down the straight of hormuz (?) they were only allowed so much time outside to be at posts to defend the ship, the reason why, "the human body starts to cook at x temperature'.

This is useful information. Thanks for sharing. I have a work colleague who served in the Navy, when they went down the straight of hormuz (?) they were only allowed so much time outside to be at posts to defend the ship, the reason why, "the human body starts to cook at x temperature'.
"...... but it's a DRY hot" they said.

Reactions: curveball1
Hey @GuaranteedFresh! ..... tell us all about that "dry hot" from Southern Syria through Jordan and Iraq, and down into Saudi Arabia, Yeman, Oman and of course, the lovely beach side resort climate in Djibouti.

It's a "dry hot", kids. Just hydrate.
Oh it's a dry hot alright, but there needs to be considerably more emphasis on the melt your face "hot."

If you were sweating in a vehicle or building, once you step outside you'd immediately see white lines walking all over your clothes from your sweat rapidly evaporating.
Not even mentioning the frequent nose bleeds we had whenever you sneezed.

At DaBooty they had designated smoke spots under netting and one had a large round wall mount thermometer. That thing had wrapped past the max reading of 120 by a good half inch. Different world.

Reactions: westx
Oh it's a dry hot alright, but there needs to be considerably more emphasis on the melt your face "hot."

If you were sweating in a vehicle or building, once you step outside you'd immediately see white lines walking all over your clothes from your sweat rapidly evaporating.
Not even mentioning the frequent nose bleeds we had whenever you sneezed.

At DaBooty they had designated smoke spots under netting and one had a large round wall mount thermometer. That thing had wrapped past the max reading of 120 by a good half inch. Different world.
Sudan--- most miserable I've ever been in my life. Was on a compound near Khartoum and a guy had smuggled several cases of that Angolan beer Cuca in- so i decided to day drink-- A LOT-- one day-- and then I walked outside to piss after pounding down about a case of that beer.

I have a friend that Managed courses all over the country including Pebble Beach. He said it will have sponsership implications not yet thought of due to companies being fearful of showing support for the Saudis....

Sudan--- most miserable I've ever been in my life. Was on a compound near Khartoum and a guy had smuggled several cases of that Angolan beer Cuca in- so i decided to day drink-- A LOT-- one day-- and then I walked outside to piss after pounding down about a case of that beer.
Cuca...nasty. I tried it in Brazil. One and done.
I think the Flying Saucer in Austin carried that piss water as well.

Would love to find some Tüborg locally and give it a taste as an adult. We were swimming in that stuff in Denmark. Hell, it's probably just as bad but I remember really liking it back when.

Cuca...nasty. I tried it in Brazil. One and done.
I think the Flying Saucer in Austin carried that piss water as well.

Would love to find some Tüborg locally and give it a taste as an adult. We were swimming in that stuff in Denmark. Hell, it's probably just as bad but I remember really liking it back when.
You're welcome.

Btw-- Carlsberg is pretty much the same beer (same brewery). Most Spec's have it.

Unless you mean the Tuborg gold-- and that's on that link I sent you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT