ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Rattler hates poor people

Clob, you are starting to sound like a Democrat. Hail, Capitalism! And Rattler may not mkae half of the what Alabama QB reportedly will be making and he has not played a game yet. At least Rattler won the RRS and the Big 12. Not that that counts for much these days.

Reactions: DancesWithWolves
Clob, you are starting to sound like a Democrat. Hail, Capitalism! And Rattler may not mkae half of the what Alabama QB reportedly will be making and he has not played a game yet. At least Rattler won the RRS and the Big 12. Not that that counts for much these days.
Dial it down mutha fvcka. I'll take school related insults all day. You start calling me a democrat and I might forget we are friendly.

OK, Clob. So what is your beef with Rattler get $150 an autograph.? Probably half what our pal Johnny M. made.

Rattler may win a Heisman if for nothing else than being multiple with his hair. The ginger mange braid is my favorite
JW99nWG.png
uTj4KVp.jpg

OK, Clob. So what is your beef with Rattler get $150 an autograph.? Probably half what our pal Johnny M. made.
My original post was a joke. Not a firmly planted tongue in cheek joke, but more of a parody joke.

College football is supposed to be an everyman's game. And the "everyman" can't afford to make their kid feel special by paying 150 bucks to get an autograph AND take his kid to a game.

Guys-- we are going down a path that's going to ultimately be really fvcking bad.

My original post was a joke. Not a firmly planted tongue in cheek joke, but more of a parody joke.

College football is supposed to be an everyman's game. And the "everyman" can't afford to make their kid feel special by paying 150 bucks to get an autograph AND take his kid to a game.

Guys-- we are going down a path that's going to ultimately be really fvcking bad.
Serious question, don’t you think it will eventually balance out? If you believe in basic economic principals, then supply and demand always find a middle ground. We just happen to be on the high demand side of the curve at the moment.

He’s not
Rattler may win a Heisman if for nothing else than being multiple with his hair. The ginger mange braid is my favorite
JW99nWG.png
uTj4KVp.jpg
He’s not that good, nowhere near as good as your prior grad transfer draft picks. Looking forward to see how Mr. Riley handles his sophomore stud QB. Before you say it, yes I am also equally interested to see how Sark does with one of his first year starters. But I like our chances this year. The RRS is going to be a good one.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Serious question, don’t you think it will eventually balance out? If you believe in basic economic principals, then supply and demand always find a middle ground. We just happen to be on the high demand side of the curve at the moment.
Look,

It's now, because of NIL, not about TV viewers. It's now about how many billionaire, millionaire, and business owners your school has as alumni.

The more of those folks you have, the more 5 star kids you can pay off to come to your school.

Please convince me that Tulsa, Boise st, or Tulane will ever have the money to compete.

I'm not 100% sure how the NIL's work, but can Nike start throwing around NILs to anyone Phil Knight wants at Oregon?

I'm not 100% sure how the NIL's work, but can Nike start throwing around NILs to anyone Phil Knight wants at Oregon?
Another question: suppose car dealership or insurance company signs up FB hero. They want a return on their investment in the form of TV spots, corporate outings to shake some hands, print ads, etc.
Will these activities take place before the season starts? I can’t imagine a player having the time in season to fulfill NIL commitments.

He’s not

He’s not that good, nowhere near as good as your prior grad transfer draft picks. Looking forward to see how Mr. Riley handles his sophomore stud QB. Before you say it, yes I am also equally interested to see how Sark does with one of his first year starters. But I like our chances this year. The RRS is going to be a good one.
I believe Rattler is a better pure passer than all of them. One thing about all of Riley’s record setting qb’s is that each and everyone one of them have sported an Afro or a perm. Take away those 2 things from Riley and you’ve got him.

Last edited:
Another question: suppose car dealership or insurance company signs up FB hero. They want a return on their investment in the form of TV spots, corporate outings to shake some hands, print ads, etc.
Will these activities take place before the season starts? I can’t imagine a player having the time in season to fulfill NIL commitments.
There will likely be parameters involved that each school sets themselves. There will be no missed practice for commercial shoots. But shooting a quick commercial can be done in just a few hours. So say on an off week, a kid shows up to the set on a Saturday, shoots from 9am to noon and is done.

He’s not

Still remains to be seen, since this is just his RS Soph year, and what I still question about Rattler is his commitment. Say what you want about any of them, but Mayfield, Murray and Hurts were ruthless competitors, who tried to out-work you as much as they out-talented you.

SR has equivalent talent to all three, but I'm not quite 100% sold that the kid has the same burning desire as those three guys. Maybe, but still not sure.

Also, I'm pretty confident were going to rough you guys up in this years version of the RRR.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
He’s not

This write up on Rattler is pretty spot on. The stat about dropped td’s last year is true, his play was better than his stats indicated, not his fault our damn receivers couldn’t catch.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Bell, count me as not impressed with Rattler. IMO Mayfield, Murray and Hurts were head and shoulders better than fro boy. Meh.

Bell, count me as not impressed with Rattler. IMO Mayfield, Murray and Hurts were head and shoulders better than fro boy. Meh.
now now MM, you remember when I was spouting off on here and predicting Mayfield and Murray would both win Heisman’s . Now I’m not saying anyone owes me $9.95 of anything but I think Rattler is a better pure passer than both of them but his reaction time will dictate how he’s judged against those 2. Those 2 could make quick decisions with the ball. I think Rattler will get there and have a heck of a year. In your defense I did predict Hurts to win a Heisman but that was just to aggravate everyone over here, I was not a fan of his and am still not sure how he finished runner up.

Last edited:
He’s not

It almost always is.

ADVERTISEMENT