ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2023 Thread

Sounds like Catalon, portal DB from Arkansas, is going to sign with the Horns. Was a very good player when healthy.
Also, speculation that Blue and K Rob could jump in the portal.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Sounds like Catalon, portal DB from Arkansas, is going to sign with the Horns. Was a very good player when healthy.
Also, speculation that Blue and K Rob could jump in the portal.
Catalon is a first round talent, he’s just had trouble with injuries. He was first team all SEC his RS freshman year. He’s an upgrade over Anthony Cook. Our secondary is going to be really good next year if we do end up getting him.

I am looking forward to the development of our edges and dbs from the 22 class.
Most importantly, i would like to see more production from receivers other than our top 3. After worthy/witt/sanders, there was a huge drop. The successful teams get a lot lot more production from more players. Unless we address that, we will not win big games. We need to achieve this despite possible injuries. I'd rather have 5 players get 600 yards than 1 player get 1000+. Spreading the ball is the best approach to helping one or two get past 1000.

Durability matters. Cook was their day in and day out. Even with a broken arm. I like Catalon’s raw talent but shoulder issues are hard to get past. I hope we get him but he’s got to be healthy. Otherwise, I’d rather see the freshman take the field and start getting reps.

Cook has been very good for 2 years so if he’s an upgrade count me in
Cook was a really nice player but Catalon is a better player. His ceiling is a top 15-20 pick in the NFL draft. Injuries are a major concern with him though. I don't blame the staff for going after him though because it would be really nice to have an experienced player on the back end of the defense. It's worth taking the risk on him.

Ovie Oghoufo in the portal???

Thought that was already announced?

Love Catalon but can he stay healthy?

Feel good about the secondary. Reports on Muhammad are GREAT and he's here this spring. Wish Derek "The Raptor" Williams was an EE

Feel good about the LB corps. . .ASSUMING Ford returns.

Our #1 need still out there, pass rusher. Be he a DE or a Jack (our hybrid 3rd LB). That is the thing this D lacks and it's rare to find those guys in the portal.

Inside Texas is reporting that Christian Jones is also coming back. That means we would return 10/11 starters on offense. My guess is some of those younger guys challenge him for his spot. I'd like to see Jones possibly move inside to guard. I think he might be better suited inside.

Thought that was already announced?

Love Catalon but can he stay healthy?

Feel good about the secondary. Reports on Muhammad are GREAT and he's here this spring. Wish Derek "The Raptor" Williams was an EE

Feel good about the LB corps. . .ASSUMING Ford returns.

Our #1 need still out there, pass rusher. Be he a DE or a Jack (our hybrid 3rd LB). That is the thing this D lacks and it's rare to find those guys in the portal.

I missed it if it was announced.

Just need one year of healthy football from him *fingers crossed*

2ndary should be improved if only slightly...and that will help on limiting big plays close to none

LB corps would be terrific if Ford returns

If we don't get better edge rush we will continue to see shit rotten 3down%...agreed, huge need

Hopefully one of the tall, long rangy dudes can bulk up and be a real problem...the Westlake kids.

I missed it if it was announced.

Just need one year of healthy football from him *fingers crossed*

2ndary should be improved if only slightly...and that will help on limiting big plays close to none

LB corps would be terrific if Ford returns

If we don't get better edge rush we will continue to see shit rotten 3down%...agreed, huge need

Hopefully one of the tall, long rangy dudes can bulk up and be a real problem...the Westlake kids.
If my numbers are correct I see 17/22 starters returning for next season. No reason we shouldn’t win the conference next season.

I count Bijan, Coburn, Ovie, Overshown, Cook, Jamison all leaving. Ojomo is also gone but he was a rotational guy.

Inside Texas is reporting that Christian Jones is also coming back. That means we would return 10/11 starters on offense. My guess is some of those younger guys challenge him for his spot. I'd like to see Jones possibly move inside to guard. I think he might be better suited inside.
That’s awesome! I was afraid our O line might develop some really nasty attitudes and start being dicks. No chance of that now.

Reactions: HornDrummer
man prevails GIF

CDC left TCU to come to Texas. The new AD at TCU Jeramiah Donati made changes that have lapped the success that CDC has had at Texas. TCU has maybe 1/20th the Revenue Texas has.... let that sink in.

CDC left TCU to come to Texas. The new AD at TCU Jeramiah Donati made changes that have lapped the success that CDC has had at Texas. TCU has maybe 1/20th the Revenue Texas has.... let that sink in.

We just won the Directors Cup 2 years in a row. Basketball Is poised to have another good year. I don’t think you can blame CDC for Beard’s wrongdoing.

We just won the Directors Cup 2 years in a row. Basketball Is poised to have another good year. I don’t think you can blame CDC for Beard’s wrongdoing.
We all know what matters. Women's victories are nice but it's known that most schools invest very little in women's sports.

CDC has made some great hires since he’s been here. That’s all I’m saying. Beard was a great hire. It’s not his fault Bears did what he did. Nobody foreseen this coming. Let’s see who he hires now.
yeah people blaming CDC for the beard situation are just stupid. CDC went out and sealed the deal with the guy EVERYONE wanted. He got him when many(myself included) said no way won’t happen. It’s not his fault that Beard pissed away the opportunity by having toxic people in his life at best or being a woman beater at worst. That’s all on Chris Beard No one else

ADVERTISEMENT