ADVERTISEMENT

spring football

Hey MM....have you seen where some former players with BAD attitudes are now praising the program?.....seems they really likes Texas, but couldn't stand Herman. Charles Ominehu in particular.

Along those lines.....interesting how Bimage opted out last year but is one of the top performers for Sark in spring ball?....maybe the locker room cancer was in fact the coach? Everything I read is how happy the players ae and how bought in they are

.....sorry.....damned Koolaide hangover is giving me fits....

It's great to see the new coach bringing the former players together these social media wars are killing us.

What I've read is that Okafor and Angilou are switching at the guard spots.

He likes what he sees in Jaden Alexis but only Jordan Whittington has stood out. Hey a 5* wr and a 5* rb is a good start for a new era. JW should what he can do in the last 2 games.

HookemHorns

How so? Herman and his woke players divided the team. Not social media.

You didn't know about the twitter wars between the former players? Mack's guys went hard at Charlie and Tom's guys. It was even worse between Charlie and Tom's guys. Let's put a stop to this and apparently Steve Sarkisian agrees.

HookemHorns

You didn't know about the twitter wars between the former players? Mack's guys went hard at Charlie and Tom's guys. It was even worse between Charlie and Tom's guys. Let's put a stop to this and apparently Steve Sarkisian agrees.

HookemHorns

Had not heard anything about that. I think that it's great that former players come to practice and have a positive influence on the current players. The divisive, woke BS needs to stop though, and if any of them are still trying to push that agenda with any of the guys on the roster, they should be shown the door and never welcomed back.

How so? Herman and his woke players divided the team. Not social
I've also read that we could have as many 6 new starters this year. The coaches are high on Jaylin Ford and the LSU boy Ray Thornton at lb. You know we had a half dozen players who started for the 1st time in the AB and they played great. You know there were a lot of outstanding players lost in the shuffle last year. They've showed what they can do in the last 2 games and with a new coach they will get a chance to shine.

HookemHorns

the LSU boy???.....uh-0h....Liberal or not you just can't say shit like that.....

You have been out of Texas too long......you can not call a black man boy.....say guy...man...player...Line backer....stud...

I am trying to save you before Maxine and Nancy call you out...

the LSU boy???.....uh-0h....Liberal or not you just can't say shit like that.....

You have been out of Texas too long......you can not call a black man boy.....say guy...man...player...Line backer....stud...

I am trying to save you before Maxine and Nancy call you out...
I understand the dis in calling a black man boy but I've heard of referring to athletes saying things you just can't stop that boy. Probably shouldn't say that anymore.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Had not heard anything about that. I think that it's great that former players come to practice and have a positive influence on the current players. The divisive, woke BS needs to stop though, and if any of them are still trying to push that agenda with any of the guys on the roster, they should be shown the door and never welcomed back.
I think everyone should be welcomed back and that includes players like Brendan Eagles. Everything fell apart last year a good coach would've handled it better. But let me pinpoint what I mean about players together. It's not necessarily players supporting the coach. Its about players not hating on other players and that's what matters most to me. Let's bury the hatchet once and for all.

I think we have 3-4 losses this year. The QB play will not be good enough to beat OU, ISU, and (TCU or Tech). I expect to lose one of the first 3 games as well. Too much kool-aid atm and not enough perspective. It's probably the Alamo Bowl again or worse.

I'm a little more optimistic than you Nueces.........
I feel Sark has a staff that will morph based on the opponent we play and talent we have. I think we stop playing to the level of the competition. I feel OU will be a monster game and not sure what that holds. I don't see the other teams you listed being a sure loss. I think we go to CCG this year.

I think QB play will be better than expected. I think the O line will be pretty good. I think our defense will be the best it has been in years...

now excuse me, I am late for my kool aide transfusion....( I am on the drip)

As to how we will do this year?....I have no idea.We have a tough schedule and OU will be much better than last year. Rattler is the real deal. If OU greatly improves on defense, they will be a load. I have my doubts about that improvement, but with Mike Stoops no longer screwing the defense up, it could be better.

Doesnt alter the fact that OU sucks....

Reactions: freeper
I understand the dis in calling a black man boy but I've heard of referring to athletes saying things you just can't stop that boy. Probably shouldn't say that anymore.

you may have heard that in California....but you dont hear that in Texas.........................ever

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I think we have 3-4 losses this year. The QB play will not be good enough to beat OU, ISU, and (TCU or Tech). I expect to lose one of the first 3 games as well. Too much kool-aid atm and not enough perspective. It's probably the Alamo Bowl again or worse.

I think both of these QBs could easily be much better than Ehlinger. God bless Sam, but we were never going to the next level with him. His inaccuracy severely limited us. Casey already looked better than Sam ever looked in one half of football.

I think both of these QBs could easily be much better than Ehlinger. God bless Sam, but we were never going to the next level with him. His inaccuracy severely limited us. Casey already looked better than Sam ever looked in one half of football.
But looking back on his career I can't help but wonder how much better he could have been with better coaching.

Could be, but Casey had the same coaching when he had the best 20 minutes of QB play we’ve seen since Colt.
Yes, CT looked great in the Alamo Bowl but the word out of practice is that he and card are struggling somewhat with the heavy quick read rpo offense that Sark runs. Our WR's are atrocious except for Whittington. They cannot run precise routes and cannot get separation on the outside. Hermie was scheming plays to the slot which was the only wide out position that was a "throw to" option most of the time. Herman was trash. We will be paying for it this year unless we can get an outside receiver with elite speed that can rip the top off the defense. We don't have that guy and haven't for a decade or two maybe more.

Last edited:
Exactly what I’ve been hoping for ever since we signed Casey.
You've always had a sharp mind when it comes to secondary play. And speaking of slow footed former safeties I'm sure you've noticed that Blake Gideon is the new safeties coach. He was great when Earl Thomas was with him but his performance dropped after ET left. But you know Blake was a decent safety certainly better than GDDH or Duke Thomas.

Let me tell you a funny twitter wars story. We all remember Blake's dropped interception at TT. Anyway I looked at BG's twitter today and there were people who are STILL bitter about that dropped pic. I mean hey dudes it was 13 years ago get over it already. Guys using the f word things like if you coach the way you played well give up 500 ypg. Like I said get over it. I hope Blake turns out to be a good coach. Btw his wife is hot always an important factor for me with new coaches.

Texas coach Steve Sarkisian has suspended freshman wide receiver Keithron Lee following the player's arrest on an assualt charge, the program announced Tuesday. According to Brazos County jail records, Lee was arrested Sunday in Bryan, Texas, and charged with assault of a family member. His bond has been set at $5,000. Other details of the incident have not yet been made public.

ADVERTISEMENT