Sprinkler system wizards, i need your help...

BrobaFapp

CEO of the Trey Owens Fan club
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2009
chained up in drunk randokes cellar
I seem to have a possessed sprinkler.

So I haven't used my sprinklers in several weeks because we have had plenty of rain. But getting to point where I need to turn them back on and water. I have the original Rain Bird system from when we bought the house and probably installed when house was built. Has the dials on push/pull buttons to set your days and hours, and wheel that goes thru each of the 4 phases. I probably just need to upgrade to a digital if all I need to do it just shut power off to it and replace it by same wires.

Anyways I ran the water last night it went thru each phase and shut off without any issues. I've had issues in recent uses that the phases hang up and wheel doesn't want to click over to next phase and I have to go physically turn it or it will stick on the current phase indefinitely. Hence why I want to upgrade to a newer timer system.. But last night it cycled just fine.

My wife working nights at hospital right now text me at 2am saying the sprinkler is still on she could see on from the driveway ring camera. So I went into garage saw it must of restarted at somepoint since push buttons to set watering times is all screwy, so I switched it to off and unplugged it from wall.

So now to what my issue is. This morning I saw one of the front sprinklers was still on. Also one of the garden mister and the 2 misters on back yard right side of house. These 4 all consist of the ones that work on the 3rd phase. The only way I can turn them off is to shut off at the sprinkler line valve. The misters shut off and the yard sprinkler goes back down into ground. If I turn the valve back on they start working again. And this is with the sprinkler box turned off and unplugged from wall.

WTH is happening why does it keep running. It is only those 4 sprinklers that work on the 3rd phase. All others in front and back that work from phases 1, 2 and 4 are off like normal.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.