ADVERTISEMENT

Standards at Texas

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Are they going down a little, look backwards and see what some used to be that made UT a rich, traditional school that everyone wanted but could not get in..

My question is of all the TE's in the State of Texas and the US that are outstanding and would give their left nut to play for the Longhorns did we pick a Dope dealer?

I mean over the yrs we tore a buncha asses up for offenses of various crimes and kicked out people for less that was good, Do we need to win that bad? I think Herman is scraping the barrel to try to have a all out showing which may not happen or might, He appears great on the LN and greet and meets and stopping to help people

MM taught me to start liking Herman after CS left as I did like Charlie, but now I realize that CS wasn't the one..and I say it now , as I may die tomorrow that Hermans not the one either the feel is just not there for a long term coach, ya'll can yell at me after I am died! But, remember that I said this when it happens...LOL

But, I hope that I am wrong, We need to old winning days back badly..But, at least everyone will be able to see the scoreboard now...

Hook'em

Are they going down a little, look backwards and see what some used to be that made UT a rich, traditional school that everyone wanted but could not get in..

My question is of all the TE's in the State of Texas and the US that are outstanding and would give their left nut to play for the Longhorns did we pick a Dope dealer?

I mean over the yrs we tore a buncha asses up for offenses of various crimes and kicked out people for less that was good, Do we need to win that bad? I think Herman is scraping the barrel to try to have a all out showing which may not happen or might, He appears great on the LN and greet and meets and stopping to help people

MM taught me to start liking Herman after CS left as I did like Charlie, but now I realize that CS wasn't the one..and I say it now , as I may die tomorrow that Hermans not the one either the feel is just not there for a long term coach, ya'll can yell at me after I am died! But, remember that I said this when it happens...LOL

But, I hope that I am wrong, We need to old winning days back badly..But, at least everyone will be able to see the scoreboard now...

Hook'em
These two things. We want you around FBH for at least 3 seasons so you can see Hermans results, and a return to the elite.

Then you can die. ;)

Hook'em

FBH, you do realize we tried to go after the top TEs and they decided to go elsewhere. None of them wanted to give their left nut to come to Texas. Also, Xanax is not dope.

Also, what is your opinion of Mack Brown. He had guys get in trouble on his watch. So did CS. These are teenage kids, from a variety of backgrounds. You will have to deal with this from time to time.

Seems like Herman is taking the risk on himself to try and help this kid stay on the straight and narrow. It's not like he is going out and finding thugs intentionally like the old Miami days.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Has anyone seen Scholz? I know he's been very outspoken about this type of deal, he must be furious and probably staging a demonstration as we speak.

Has anyone seen Scholz? I know he's been very outspoken about this type of deal, he must be furious and probably staging a demonstration as we speak.

He got his feelings hurt and went away because he didn't always get his way and got called down for name calling and his tone towards other posters. He's not banned. Just thinks he should have a different set of rules for himself.

FBH, you do realize we tried to go after the top TEs and they decided to go elsewhere. None of them wanted to give their left nut to come to Texas. Also, Xanax is not dope.

Also, what is your opinion of Mack Brown. He had guys get in trouble on his watch. So did CS. These are teenage kids, from a variety of backgrounds. You will have to deal with this from time to time.

Seems like Herman is taking the risk on himself to try and help this kid stay on the straight and narrow. It's not like he is going out and finding thugs intentionally like the old Miami days.

Maybe we was looking too high for a TE or the wrong place, I have seen 1 star or no star be a good TE and make it to the pros in the Top rounds, whats wrong with the ones we have?

Hook'em

Xanax is not dope.

Wanna ask a DA that question or go ask a Police officer if he wants to buy some...LOL!

Hook'em

Reactions: diadevic

In regards to your first paragraph. We haven't had a good tight end since Jermichael Finley left in 2007. That's ten years and the high school kids in Texas see this. Were going to have to have a productive te before they consider Texas again.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
LOL at TEs giving up their nut to play for Texas. The past decade any quality TE the state produced (which isn't many) rarely looked our way. That's why the position has been a black hole for us. What's wrong with the ones we have? They suck for starters. It will help if we quit changing offensive schemes every 2 years and put an actual emphasis on recruiting the position rather than just moving a defensive benchwarmer that has a TE body frame.

As for seeing 0* and 1* players make it in the NFL that's great. I read about someone new winning a lottery all the time as well. Should people just make that their strategy?

LOL at TEs giving up their nut to play for Texas. The past decade any quality TE the state produced (which isn't many) rarely looked our way. That's why the position has been a black hole for us. What's wrong with the ones we have? They suck for starters. It will help if we quit changing offensive schemes every 2 years and put an actual emphasis on recruiting the position rather than just moving a defensive benchwarmer that has a TE body frame.

As for seeing 0* and 1* players make it in the NFL that's great. I read about someone new winning a lottery all the time as well. Should people just make that their strategy?
Yes. Texas should. With maybe an occasional 2*. Be a trend setter! Anyone can win it all with 4 and 5* kids. Let's see Herman do it with FBH's 0 and 1* kids! :)

Yes. Texas should. With maybe an occasional 2*. Be a trend setter! Anyone can win it all with 4 and 5* kids. Let's see Herman do it with FBH's 0 and 1* kids! :)

Pop Snyders been doing it for yrs with throw off players and no stars, the star systems gotten outa hand , hell if ya know the right people you can buy your stars

Hook'em

Pop Snyders been doing it for yrs with throw off players and no stars, the star systems gotten outa hand , hell if ya know the right people you can buy your stars

Hook'em
I feel your byline instead of "Hook 'em" should be "Get of my lawn" Nothing that this regime does is good enough for you. Go look at Alabama's roster from the past 5 years, you know how many 0 & 1* guys on their roster, virtually none. Clemson the same. Yes there are errors in the system but for the most part they are accurate.

I'm m not even sure if college coaches even put much stock into the "star" rankings? My understanding is that coaches personally evaluate each player they are recruiting. The star system is more to appease the fans and prima Donna players

I feel your byline instead of "Hook 'em" should be "Get of my lawn" Nothing that this regime does is good enough for you. Go look at Alabama's roster from the past 5 years, you know how many 0 & 1* guys on their roster, virtually none. Clemson the same. Yes there are errors in the system but for the most part they are accurate.
I posted a "Get off my lawn" meme on the other thread he started today.

I posted a "Get off my lawn" meme on the other thread he started today.

You Betcha get off my lawn if you didn't come to play ya heart out for the Horns 0 stars or 5 , now days if ya got dope or armed robbery or assault charges on you , no one give a shit as long as ya maker TDs and win, I am glad I will be died when this bitch falls apart from standards being lowered at the worlds greatest University because of some punks..so : Get off my Lawn"!

Hook'em

FB, Royal is gone. He's not coming back. The way football is coached and played has changed everywhere, not just at Texas. You're 1960's and 1970's way of thinking isn't relevant or realistic in today's world. It's great that you're a big fan of The University of Texas, but coming on here and ranting and complaining every day saying how stuff should be in your mind isn't going to happen. We now have a coach who cut his teeth coaching under Mack Brown and Urban Meyer, both of which were very successful. I think Texas will be fine with Herman, but you should be more patient. The man hasn't even coached a game at Texas yet and you still think DKR is going to walk through the door and start coaching at UT. It's 2017, not 1960. Relax, man. :cool:

FB, Royal is gone. He's not coming back. The way football is coached and played has changed everywhere, not just at Texas. You're 1960's and 1970's way of thinking isn't relevant or realistic in today's world. It's great that you're a big fan of The University of Texas, but coming on here and ranting and complaining every day saying how stuff should be in your mind isn't going to happen. We now have a coach who cut his teeth coaching under Mack Brown and Urban Meyer, both of which were very successful. I think Texas will be fine with Herman, but you should be more patient. The man hasn't even coached a game at Texas yet and you still think DKR is going to walk through the door and start coaching at UT. It's 2017, not 1960. Relax, man. :cool:

Lucky for ya'll that he doesn't come thru the door and coach!
When Herman loses most of the season, I will be around MM....LOL!

Hook'em

Lucky for ya'll that he doesn't come thru the door and coach!
When Herman loses most of the season, I will be around MM....LOL!

Hook'em

So Herman is going to "lose most of the season"? Why do you think that will happen, based on what? He hasn't coached one game at Texas and you've already got him labeled as a loser and he can't coach. Come on, FB, give Herman a chance. At least we don't have Charlie Strong anymore!

So Herman is going to "lose most of the season"? Why do you think that will happen, based on what? He hasn't coached one game at Texas and you've already got him labeled as a loser and he can't coach. Come on, FB, give Herman a chance. At least we don't have Charlie Strong anymore!
True to that MM, usally coaches would be pouring on the films and teaching their players more I would think, what got me was when he was hired he said he wasn't gonna coach that he would let his asst do it and then he said more or less he didn'ty give a shit about the fans options so meet and greet and LN versus teaching FB to get prepared to win CEO's hardly win like we found out with brown, they only care about images, when I see him out there with ear phones sending in plays and fighting the bad calls and chewing asses for broken plays or for someone quitting I will change my mind probaly,,CS is really in his right place now, I see now he could have never done well here, too much aginst him, but if you look Herman is no better than he was, come from Sunbelt school nad like CS a littl conference, maybe the move in play has something to do with it or Houston woulda been playing Ohio State or Clemson

All we seen of Herman is at practice or LN or meet and greets, if he is as good at Football as he is there then he might do well

Hook'em

Hook'em

True to that MM, usally coaches would be pouring on the films and teaching their players more I would think, what got me was when he was hired he said he wasn't gonna coach that he would let his asst do it and then he said more or less he didn'ty give a shit about the fans options so meet and greet and LN versus teaching FB to get prepared to win CEO's hardly win like we found out with brown, they only care about images, when I see him out there with ear phones sending in plays and fighting the bad calls and chewing asses for broken plays or for someone quitting I will change my mind probaly,,CS is really in his right place now, I see now he could have never done well here, too much aginst him, but if you look Herman is no better than he was, come from Sunbelt school nad like CS a littl conference, maybe the move in play has something to do with it or Houston woulda been playing Ohio State or Clemson

All we seen of Herman is at practice or LN or meet and greets, if he is as good at Football as he is there then he might do well

Hook'em

Hook'em

FB, you have no clue how Texas is going to do under Herman. You just don't like the guy and hope that he fails. Do everyone a favor on this board, don't jump on the bandwagon when Texas starts winning again, and the Horns will. You choose to be nothing but negative and complain non-stop about any and everything with anyone involved with the Texas football program. Turn in your fan card, man. You're the definition of a bandwagon fan. You only support Texas if they're winning. No true Longhorn fan acts the way that you do.

Hook'em
Snyder does it at K-State, where they accept 95-99% of applicants. (Some years it's closer to 95%, others 99%.)

With academic standards that low, it's relatively easy for Snyder to get a lot of Jucos who happen to be stupid as well as good (at football). They're prevented from attending at a decent school.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2
Snyder does it at K-State, where they accept 95-99% of applicants. (Some years it's closer to 95%, others 99%.)

With academic standards that low, it's relatively easy for Snyder to get a lot of Jucos who happen to be stupid as well as good. They're prevented from attending at a decent school.
At least hes won more games than us, and we give player shit classes at UT as well to let tham play if they are big star guys after all winning is everything as we found out when you sell pills, Rape or robbery doesn't matter no more just make them damn TDs and win, Win...LOL! Texas sold part of their intergrity for xanax and a 3 star

Hook'em

At least hes won more games than us, and we give player shit classes at UT as well to let tham play if they are big star guys after all winning is everything as we found out when you sell pills, Rape or robbery doesn't matter no more just make them damn TDs and win, Win...LOL! Texas sold part of their intergrity for xanax and a 3 star

Hook'em
FBHorn, you seem to be upset with the direction of your coach and team, perhaps it's time for a change. Can I offer you some Sooner Koolaid, perhaps?

Reactions: Bwilk55
I don't care if this guy plays for you or not. He might work out to be an upstanding man. The Horry hire is a much bigger problem. I like the way they pass the smell test. I understand you guys supporting Hermans decision. I can't however understand some fool defending Xanax. Please explain how it's not dope? One of the most abused drugs is not dope? Give it a rest it's a bad and dangerous drug. I speak from experience. I wouldn't touch that pill again for nothing. Holy cow brother.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn

Hook'em
I can't argue with that, FBH.

Not sure about that 2nd clause, though. "We give player shit classes at UT ..." ??? Huh?

ADVERTISEMENT