ADVERTISEMENT

Stranger: Question about "From the Inside" album

westx

Dec 6, 2009
@StrangerHorn , my son and I watched Shutter Island last week and it reminded me about this album. Unfortunately, this movie didn't have a voluptuous Nurse Rozetta, but I had some questions. I was around 10-11yo or so when this came out in the late 70s and someway and somehow, I was able to get the album (grew up in a very small town-no record stores). Anyway, I could look at that album cover for hours. It was cool and a lot of weird but, interesting things to look at. I wish I still had that album but I just lost it somewhere along the way. What were your recollections of this album and how it was received in the mainstream at the time?
iu

iu

iu

Reactions: StrangerHorn
@StrangerHorn , my son and I watched Shutter Island last week and it reminded me about this album. Unfortunately, this movie didn't have a voluptuous Nurse Rozetta, but I had some questions. I was around 10-11yo or so when this came out in the late 70s and someway and somehow, I was able to get the album (grew up in a very small town-no record stores). Anyway, I could look at that album cover for hours. It was cool and a lot of weird but, interesting things to look at. I wish I still had that album but I just lost it somewhere along the way. What were your recollections of this album and how it was received in the mainstream at the time?
iu

iu

iu

Well, the song I remember is How You Gonna See Me Now, which changed Alice style cause he had gotten Bernie Taupin aka Elton collaborating with him, if ya listen he put that Elton John Piano in there, sounds like Elton but , different singer..But, Roky Erickson did it before Alice did, he was the lead singer for the 13th Floor Elevators outa Austin, Roky did a stint at Rusk for drugs and sorta the same thing happen, all I can say is it was a change for Alice, this was in the Acid days so weird Photos was in , Album photos sold records, the weirder the better

And he wrote this one but Stone sings it better, just listen to Lyrics and this kind of music spun off from Alice..

Reactions: westx
Night of the Vampire is a damn good song. Thanks for posting it I am going to hear more of Erickson’s music as I get some time later this week.

I had a high school friend, he was trying to organize a garage band about 1973. They auditioned Roky. Couldn't use him, because he couldn't remember lyrics to his own songs.

I had a high school friend, he was trying to organize a garage band about 1973. They auditioned Roky. Couldn't use him, because he couldn't remember lyrics to his own songs.

Thats about right TX! When he could he was dynamite, otherwise he was dead...

ok....1969....in my old garage apt. I get a call from my friend Steve who wants to borrow my car to pick up his brother at the airport...Austin...Robert Muller I think. Anyway...ok I say and he gets my car. I was a bit anxious because of the crazy stories I had heard about Harry. They were from North Bergan NJ and their Dad was supposedly the Police Chief...

About 3 hours later they come back to my apt....with about 5 or 6 completely stuffed Black huge trash bags. They put them on the floor and go back out and bring up 4 really large boxes they taped together. I met Harry.....and he tells me thanks...this is gonna be a big deal. Turns out the bags were full of Marijuana. I about died. Huey Newton had gotten 20 years for one joint. I was looking at that times about 10,000. They started opening new trash bags and pouring in talcom powder....putting bag inside bag and repeating the process. They finally put them in the boxes and put on Mailing lables to Harry in NYC care of general delivery....no shit! He then handed me a water level full grocery sack with dope in it...loaded them back in my car and headed to the main P.O in Austin.

An hour later they brought back my car and I never saw Harry again.....I was scared sh*tless for 6 months. Steve told me it worked like a charm.

good old days my ass.......I threw that sack away.

ok....1969....in my old garage apt. I get a call from my friend Steve who wants to borrow my car to pick up his brother at the airport...Austin...Robert Muller I think. Anyway...ok I say and he gets my car. I was a bit anxious because of the crazy stories I had heard about Harry. They were from North Bergan NJ and their Dad was supposedly the Police Chief...

About 3 hours later they come back to my apt....with about 5 or 6 completely stuffed Black huge trash bags. They put them on the floor and go back out and bring up 4 really large boxes they taped together. I met Harry.....and he tells me thanks...this is gonna be a big deal. Turns out the bags were full of Marijuana. I about died. Huey Newton had gotten 20 years for one joint. I was looking at that times about 10,000. They started opening new trash bags and pouring in talcom powder....putting bag inside bag and repeating the process. They finally put them in the boxes and put on Mailing lables to Harry in NYC care of general delivery....no shit! He then handed me a water level full grocery sack with dope in it...loaded them back in my car and headed to the main P.O in Austin.

An hour later they brought back my car and I never saw Harry again.....I was scared sh*tless for 6 months. Steve told me it worked like a charm.

good old days my ass.......I threw that sack away.
Ho
Lee
Sh!t

You used the US mail to send weed?

Wow.....

Clob....I did not use the US mail to do anything. Steve's brother Harry used the US mail to deliver pot and as far as I heard, he never had a problem with it. He said he used the mail because the Feds watched all the parcel delivery services. I stayed in contact with Steve for years, but never saw or heard of Harry again.....thank goodness.

I guess ole Harry thought he was paying me back with that sack of dope....probably 1000.00 worth at 10 bucks a lid, but I never saw it that way and damned sure didnt ask for it. I had no idea that deal was going to go down, and the gravity of it scares me to this day......not that I didnt smoke way more than my share over the years....

Clob....I did not use the US mail to do anything. Steve's brother Harry used the US mail to deliver pot and as far as I heard, he never had a problem with it. He said he used the mail because the Feds watched all the parcel delivery services. I stayed in contact with Steve for years, but never saw or heard of Harry again.....thank goodness.

I guess ole Harry thought he was paying me back with that sack of dope....probably 1000.00 worth at 10 bucks a lid, but I never saw it that way and damned sure didnt ask for it. I had no idea that deal was going to go down, and the gravity of it scares me to this day......not that I didnt smoke way more than my share over the years....
Oh you worded that so carefully. Good on you my man.

carefully worded?...well, exactly....but I figure the Statute of Limitations has surely run out by now....

the band we always got was Edipus and the Mothers.....damned good band.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT