ADVERTISEMENT

Stros slammed

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
Wow. Both Luhnow and Hinch get 1yr suspensions. Org fined $5mil, lose 1st and 2nd round draft picks, this year and next.

Red Sox preparing for something themselves as supposedly Cora and Beltran (now the Mets manager) were the ring leaders.

Brutal.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
The curse of Nolan Ryan. He was with Rangers, and they go to World Series twice. He leaves to go to the Astros, the Rangers haven't contended since and the Astros go to two World Series. Now he leaves the Astros and another implosion.

It was fun while it lasted. Throw in Springer going to arbitration and our Stroz are tumbling back to Asstros status.

It was fun while it lasted. Throw in Springer going to arbitration and our Stroz are tumbling back to Asstros status.
They should be very good again this season. Plenty of talented people will want to GM and Manage this collection of talent. They were one game from winning a championship last year, and there is no reason this season should be dramatically different...unless you have some sort of Astros envy.

What is more interesting to me is whether other organizations have been doing the same thing...as some reports have claimed. It will be interesting to see if MLB will hand out the same sort of punishments to their beloved Red Sox and Yankees.

Reactions: freeper
we will miss Hinch a lot more than Ludlow....It was just a matter of time with him.

They should be very good again this season. Plenty of talented people will want to GM and Manage this collection of talent. They were one game from winning a championship last year, and there is no reason this season should be dramatically different...unless you have some sort of Astros envy.

What is more interesting to me is whether other organizations have been doing the same thing...as some reports have claimed. It will be interesting to see if MLB will hand out the same sort of punishments to their beloved Red Sox and Yankees.

well Cano was the Astros bench coach that apparently devised the scheme and he is now with the Red Sox

Reactions: ball911
Hold up. You mean to tell me that stealing signs is illegal in baseball? So if I'm on second base as a runner, and I figure out a few of the catchers signs, and I signal back to my buddy at the plate and tip the pitch, I have just broken a baseball rule?

That's just fvcking insane.

Reactions: westx and ball911
Clob….what they were doing was using tv cameras long range survelance and then devising a signaling method using a trash can and a bat so the batter could see it. Sounds mission impossible incredible, but I don't see how it would be possible to relay an instant signal that would be useful. Supposedly it was only done when a runner was on second so as not to tip off the other team.

I am serious...that is what was done.

Clob….what they were doing was using tv cameras long range survelance and then devising a signaling method using a trash can and a bat so the batter could see it. Sounds mission impossible incredible, but I don't see how it would be possible to relay an instant signal that would be useful. Supposedly it was only done when a runner was on second so as not to tip off the other team.

From what I understand it was only during home games as well.

Probably 3/4 of MLB teams cheat regularly. Astros just got caught. I won't be surprised to hear about other teams getting caught.

A little more into that surveillance, the camera from centerfield was a live feed as well. Anything fed into the players area is supposed to be on a slight delay for this very reason.
Stroz got caught. Everyone was warned about cheating with technology after the "apple watches" fiasco & are paying the price for not heeding the warning.
Stealing signs is as much a part of baseball as hotdogs and half-a-can dip of snuff. It's not illegal to do it as long as it's done the old fashioned way.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Probably 3/4 of MLB teams cheat regularly. Astros just got caught. I won't be surprised to hear about other teams getting caught.
Apparently others are under investigation now. I know the Red Sox, and assume the Yankees, but I don’t know who else. I heard a Seattle player say to today that it was common knowledge amongst players that the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, and Astros were all doing this.

Apparently others are under investigation now. I know the Red Sox, and assume the Yankees, but I don’t know who else. I heard a Seattle player say to today that it was common knowledge amongst players that the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, and Astros were all doing this.
But but Cody Bellinger came out today saying the Dodgers did it “the right way”. You must believe him.
Bumming all day.

Reactions: ball911
we will miss Hinch a lot more than Ludlow....It was just a matter of time with him.

Disagree. Just the opposite. Luhnow built the Astros through draft choices, trades and free agent signings. He is the best GM in baseball. Hinch is a good manager, but with the talent the Astros have, an average manager should be able to win with that roster.

So we cheated at home but not away. =)roll

the funny thing is that yank fans were pissed about us cheating when this all came out. LOL wait until they find out they did as well but still couldn’t beat us. =)roll

Agree with LMM our manager eh but our GM is important.

yeah....the joke in baseball is that the yanks apparently didn't cheat as well as the Astros. So the only thing worse than cheating is cheating badly!

Curious to see how good the Astros bats are now that they don't know what pitch is coming.

Exactly. They scored 106 more runs on the road in 2017 than at home, plus had a better record on the road.

I get it that people assume they cheated their way to a WS or a winning record. Yeah it helped I assume but all their wins didn’t come from cheating. I hate that they did it because to me it’s not needed but now you’ll have all eyes on them this season. As soon as they lose it will be see told ya. If we win again it will be I bet they cheated. We lost all our home games this past WS and won away. I think they’ll be fine just gonna have a bunch of hate for awhile.

Pussification of America! If someone is stealing your signs it’s your fault!

Pussification of America! If someone is stealing your signs it’s your fault!
There’s a difference in a human stealing signs versus using a camera with zero delay stealing signs. I know there are tons of Astros fans on here but what they did was against the rules. Go look at the postseason numbers home vs. away in the 2017 postseason and that tells the whole story.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Good enough to win on the road just as much at home. Their bats will be fine.

Yeah I don't understand. The Astros were great on the road without sign stealing. These guys are ball players. You put Altuve on any other team and hes still an All Star. I hate what's happened, especially losing both our manager and GM but the Astros beat the Dodgers on the road to win the WS.

Yeah I don't understand. The Astros were great on the road without sign stealing. These guys are ball players. You put Altuve on any other team and hes still an All Star. I hate what's happened, especially losing both our manager and GM but the Astros beat the Dodgers on the road to win the WS.
Dumb decisions. I don’t believe this team needed to cheat to win. But we’ll see!

Alex Cora now gone as Red Sox manager. Carlos Beltran of the Mets next?

He's next. Both Cora and Beltran we're allegedly the main two who instigated the camera/cheating thing with the Astros. Also Mike Fiers ratting out his former team is going to cost him one way or another. MLB players are pissed at him!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT