ADVERTISEMENT

TCU prediction thread?

EWNHorn

Nov 30, 2014
I don't see one of these started yet, but if it has please delete.....

TCU has owned us as of late. I was at the 50-7 (2015) and 37-27 (20-19) beat downs in Ft. Worth. I was also at the 31-16 (2018) win in Austin. Based on being at those games and knowing how well they do against us, I feel this is our first L this year. Now Texas could realize how crappy they played and really amp it up this week, but based on quotes after the game I think they are just happy to win. I hoped to hear more anger that they played poorly. TCU on the other hand is PISSED they lost to ISU and is getting some guys back this week. We all know Fatterson loves to coach from the "chip on our shoulder" position. I hope I'm BIG WRONG on this one but I see this as a......................

38-35 loss

I hope you all get to have a big laugh at me this weekend!!! I'll be watching from the soccer fields as our travel soccer team cares nothing about scheduling around Texas football (jerks).

Reactions: ThePhil1
Tough call. TCU looks to be able to move the ball with 400 yards total offense against isu (is 400 yards a lot these days-it sure used to be). Their run/pass was approx 60:40. For whatever those stats are worth, I will take Texas 31-21

TCU is terrible this year. Texas 42, TCU 17.
How do you know that? They have played all of one game in which their starting QB didn't start because he missed fall camp due to heart surgery. They had a lot of new players playing for the first time and Gary will shore up the defensive busts that happened against ISU.

Here is what I know: since TCU joined the Big 12, Texas is 2-8 vs. them and has lost 5 of the last 6. Also, Patterson's defense has given Texas fits. Since joining the Big 12 he has held Texas to point totals including: 7, 7, 9, 10, and 13. Herman has only been able to muster: 7, 31, 27.

TCU will have the Dugan the starting QB back and he can make plays in the air and on the ground. He beat Texas as a true fish last year.

With that said, I am optimistic:

Texas: 34
TCU: 27

Going to be hot again (upper 80's). It's going to come down to discipline, conditioning, and depth. Herman is running out of excuses. There needs to be a lot of J Moore, Eagles, and J Smith. No turtlin Tom or river boat Tom and we win by 10 otherwise it's a toss up.

55 Tex
45 Cockaroaches

Last edited:
Reactions: StrangerHorn
Texas 24, Tcu 17
I took the portal into the future and we actually run the ball on them, Sam has so so game and TCU has three turnovers to our zero. Tcu scores late TD and then does onside kick but luckily we recover to win. I get really drunk and almost throw up after game from watching our own OLine stop drive after drive with holding penalties and movement in the line penalties. So I will not drink Saturday to avoid the two day hangover.

No one has stopped our offense yet, I don't think TCU will either. I have changed my prediction. I think the Tech game got the defense's attention to improve their tackling and you are going to see Texas dominate the offensive line of TCU

Texas 24, Tcu 17
I took the portal into the future and we actually run the ball on them, Sam has so so game and TCU has three turnovers to our zero. Tcu scores late TD and then does onside kick but luckily we recover to win. I get really drunk and almost throw up after game from watching our own OLine stop drive after drive with holding penalties and movement in the line penalties. So I will not drink Saturday to avoid the two day hangover.
I am tempted to ask how you endured the Charlie Strong regime. (Joking)

This is going to be 1 crazy ass season. Who knows maybe our d will turn it around this weekend. You guys gotta remember TCU was 5/7 last year and Sam may have had his worst game as a horn. I think we'll win I hope I'm right.

Reactions: westx
How do you know that? They have played all of one game in which their starting QB didn't start because he missed fall camp due to heart surgery. They had a lot of new players playing for the first time and Gary will shore up the defensive busts that happened against ISU.

Here is what I know: since TCU joined the Big 12, Texas is 2-8 vs. them and has lost 5 of the last 6. Also, Patterson's defense has given Texas fits. Since joining the Big 12 he has held Texas to point totals including: 7, 7, 9, 10, and 13. Herman has only been able to muster: 7, 31, 27.

TCU will have the Dugan the starting QB back and he can make plays in the air and on the ground. He beat Texas as a true fish last year.

With that said, I am optimistic:

Texas: 34
TCU: 27
I watched TCU play at home against an Iowa St. team that just lost to a Sunbelt School. Patterson has had tremendous success, but his coaching record trajectory is much like Mack Brown's at UT - its a young man's game.

Reactions: outhereincali
Don't put much stock into what a team did in a single week against an opponent they weren't hyped up to play. TCU will pullout all the stops when they come to Austin and their QB will look like a heisman winner with his receivers making NFL level catches.

I am tempted to ask how you endured the Charlie Strong regime. (Joking)
What is this Charlie Strong regime your talking about? I do not recall this. Was it like 5 years long? Because i was on a drinking binder a few years back and perhaps that would explain things.
HA!!!!!!!!!

Horns win.

I also predict that at least one Texas player or staff member will test positive after interacting with the horned frogs.

I've got Texas - 1 1/2 as part of a teaser. The other two parts are Jets +9 and under 51 1/2. I think this will hit.

I think TCU is going to be one of the top 4 teams in the Big 12, but Texas at home with this offense is going to score some points.

I also think the Texas defensive line will dominate the LOS and take away the TCU running game. As a result their offense will be in a perpetual state of second and long. I think they will get frustrated and make mistakes.

This is why I now think Texas makes this game a blowout going into Dallas.

We need a fast Ramounce type guy who can get around them corners like the Tech little guy that tore our ass up on the corners

ADVERTISEMENT