Aug 17, 2006
Plano
susantaylorgallery.com
I get this email after games during the season and they project our W-L record

251.png

Texas Football
Predictions Update

Oct 6, 2019

After beating W Virginia 42-31 yesterday, Texas is now projected to finish the regular season 9-3 (7-2 Big 12).

The odds that the Longhorns end the season bowl eligible are 99%, unchanged since yesterday.

We currently rank the Longhorns as the #2 team in the Big 12 (and #17 team in the country).

Next game: Sat, Oct 12 vs. #8 Oklahoma. Our power ratings give the Longhorns a 22% chance to win.

Regular Season Record Projection
Current Record

Projection For Remaining Games

Projected
Final Record

4-1

(2-0 Big 12)

5-2

(5-2 Big 12)

9-3

(7-2 Big 12)

The more precise final record expectation for Texas is 8.6 wins and 3.4 losses, slightly worse than the rounded projection above.

Based on our projections, the Longhorns will most likely finish the regular season either 9-3 or 8-4.

More Texas Projections | Projections For All Big 12 Teams

Remaining Games & Win Odds

Oct 12

vs. (N) #8 Oklahoma

22%

Preview

Oct 19

vs. #104 Kansas

99%

Preview

Oct 26

@ #33 TX Christian

61%

Preview

Nov 9

vs. #52 Kansas St

88%

Preview

Nov 16

@ #22 Iowa State

48%

Preview

Nov 23

@ #25 Baylor

55%

Preview

Nov 29

vs. #62 Texas Tech

91%

Preview

You are receiving this email because you signed up for this newsletter at teamrankings.com.

Our mailing address is:
Team Rankings, LLC
111 S Highland Avenue #458
Memphis, TN 38111

Unsubscribe from this newsletter

I get this email after games during the season and they project our W-L record

251.png

Texas Football
Predictions Update

Oct 6, 2019

After beating W Virginia 42-31 yesterday, Texas is now projected to finish the regular season 9-3 (7-2 Big 12).

The odds that the Longhorns end the season bowl eligible are 99%, unchanged since yesterday.

We currently rank the Longhorns as the #2 team in the Big 12 (and #17 team in the country).

Next game: Sat, Oct 12 vs. #8 Oklahoma. Our power ratings give the Longhorns a 22% chance to win.

Regular Season Record Projection
Current Record

Projection For Remaining Games

Projected
Final Record

4-1

(2-0 Big 12)

5-2

(5-2 Big 12)

9-3

(7-2 Big 12)

The more precise final record expectation for Texas is 8.6 wins and 3.4 losses, slightly worse than the rounded projection above.

Based on our projections, the Longhorns will most likely finish the regular season either 9-3 or 8-4.

More Texas Projections | Projections For All Big 12 Teams

Remaining Games & Win Odds

Oct 12

vs. (N) #8 Oklahoma

22%

Preview

Oct 19

vs. #104 Kansas

99%

Preview

Oct 26

@ #33 TX Christian

61%

Preview

Nov 9

vs. #52 Kansas St

88%

Preview

Nov 16

@ #22 Iowa State

48%

Preview

Nov 23

@ #25 Baylor

55%

Preview

Nov 29

vs. #62 Texas Tech

91%

Preview

You are receiving this email because you signed up for this newsletter at teamrankings.com.

Our mailing address is:
Team Rankings, LLC
111 S Highland Avenue #458
Memphis, TN 38111

Unsubscribe from this newsletter

Sorry - I was interrupted in the middle of this attempted post...but what I was trying to say is that these guys seem to think that we are in grave danger of losing to Iowa State in Ames, since they only give us a 48% chance of winning - and they seem to be sure that we are going to lose at the shoot - out (screw the word, "rivalry") plus at least another conference game.

I was reassured after the way we came back on the road, in a pretty damned hostile environment. Am I that far off base?

Objectively speaking (at this point in the season and due to our injury situation), I would say it isn’t too far off. However, it does border slightly to the worst case scenario.

Sorry - I was interrupted in the middle of this attempted post...but what I was trying to say is that these guys seem to think that we are in grave danger of losing to Iowa State in Ames, since they only give us a 48% chance of winning - and they seem to be sure that we are going to lose at the shoot - out (screw the word, "rivalry") plus at least another conference game.

I was reassured after the way we came back on the road, in a pretty damned hostile environment. Am I that far off base?
I don't know why anyone continued to be afraid of Iowa State. Even last year when they were at their best, they didn't have a chance against us. Herman and Orlando completely know how to shut down teams like that. It's the shootouts like 2018 WVU and Ok St that give us the most trouble. That's why, aside from playing Oklahoma, I find at Baylor to be the most problematic spot on the schedule.

Iowa State is pretty pedestrian. Avoid turnovers and crazy mistakes, like any game, and this is a comfortable W. Purdy is overrated.

Offense favors OU. But, Hurts is OU’s leading rusher in yards & touchdowns. If we keep Hurts from running wild, then we have a puncher’s chance.

Offensively, OU is # 8 in the nation in both passing & rushing yards. Texas is #100 in rushing yards & #32 in passing yards in the nation.

We are all aware of our low total defense rank.

ADVERTISEMENT