ADVERTISEMENT

Tech game

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
The Red Raiders haven't beaten the Longhorns on their home field in Lubbock since 2008.

Starting qb is out for Tech but their back up is just as fast as Murray.
Don’t quote me, but, I think he was their original starter and wasn’t getting it done. Then, Bowman came in and the rest s history.

Don’t quote me, but, I think he was their original starter and wasn’t getting it done. Then, Bowman came in and the rest s history.
McLane Carter was the starter against Ole Miss and got hurt. Duffey came in and was ineffective and then Bowman took over. Duffey is technically their 3rd QB but because Carter has been hurt all year and is bumped up to the backup role

4 TDs and 4 INTS. I'll take that but we need to play sound defense or it will be a last minute win.

as much as I defend Orlando, the defense has played like shit the last two games
I love Orlando, but, some of these mental/disciplined type errors are continuing to happen. I do believe they will be fixed going forward. I like our freshman secondary, but, they are in fact freshman. They have numerous mistakes and the list gets longer. Riley and Murray will light them up in a rematch if we are missing Jones, now that they know they are quick to be out of position. This weekend will be a good test if our secondary has learned anything. We missed Jones last game (I know he hasn't been perfect either, but, a lot better than anybody else in recent history). It is a team sport, but, Shark McCulloch got sucked in (as all of our DL seems to do) on the ending two point conversion. He wasn't even blocked-he just went inside on his own, then Grier outran him to the pylon with no problem.

I love Orlando, but, some of these mental/disciplined type errors are continuing to happen. I do believe they will be fixed going forward. I like our freshman secondary, but, they are in fact freshman. They have numerous mistakes and the list gets longer. Riley and Murray will light them up in a rematch if we are missing Jones, now that they know they are quick to be out of position. This weekend will be a good test if our secondary has learned anything. We missed Jones last game (I know he hasn't been perfect either, but, a lot better than anybody else in recent history). It is a team sport, but, Shark McCulloch got sucked in (as all of our DL seems to do) on the ending two point conversion. He wasn't even blocked-he just went inside on his own, then Grier outran him to the pylon with no problem.

I have faith in Orlando but we need to figure out how to get to the QB in B12 play.

I have faith in Orlando but we need to figure out how to get to the QB in B12 play.

The only way to get pressure is to bring 4-5 man pressures. When you do that they have to be quick because teams that run spread will get the ball out in less than 2 seconds...generally 1-1.5 seconds with better QBs.

If you bring 4-5 man pressures then you only have 1/2 safeties and must play zone behind it from time to time. That is when speed outs and quick stop routes will be hit and tackling to limit yardage is very important.

If you play man whilst bringing 4-5 man pressures your guys have to make plays...simple as that.

On top of all of that, if you bring an extra 1-2 players then you must have pocket integrity, meaning you still have a gap to control to avoid QB scramble. You also have to disguise where the extra pressure will be coming from. In order to do that, you may have to blitz from depth and that adds an extra 1-1.5 seconds.

It's not easy when your best defensive players are marginal NFL prospects.

Not sure how you can have faith in Orlando as he has been horrible this year. We can only hope the offense that showed up the last few weeks can put points up against tech because our D will still give up a bunch of points with a backup. I am not sorry Bowman is out this game, we needed a break but let's see if they can cash in a victory.

Not sure how you can have faith in Orlando as he has been horrible this year. We can only hope the offense that showed up the last few weeks can put points up against tech because our D will still give up a bunch of points with a backup. I am not sorry Bowman is out this game, we needed a break but let's see if they can cash in a victory.

I didn't say it wasn't blind faith.

he has not been horrible this year. we've had a bad couple weeks, due to a combination of banged up front 7 and really young secondary. maryland first half was shaky. oklahoma 4q was less about orlando than it was the offense taking its foot off the gas too quickly. we were good on defense against tcu, usc, kansas state, and solid against baylor and tulsa. and for 3 quarters, we were very good against oklahoma. so, a couple corners get suspended and he tries to cover up for their replacements, and it fails. then, they face a team with an NFL qb and 3 NFL wr's with a front 7 that started thin and got much thinner very early. make no mistake-- todd orlando is the best thing we have on the staff. ease up and consider the situation.

and before you do the whole "THIS IS TEXAS! WE DO BETTER!", he didn't recruit the older guys, and if the job had been done adequately, he wouldn't HAVE to play the younger ones.

Reactions: OhioHorn25
he has not been horrible this year. we've had a bad couple weeks, due to a combination of banged up front 7 and really young secondary. maryland first half was shaky. oklahoma 4q was less about orlando than it was the offense taking its foot off the gas too quickly. we were good on defense against tcu, usc, kansas state, and solid against baylor and tulsa. and for 3 quarters, we were very good against oklahoma. so, a couple corners get suspended and he tries to cover up for their replacements, and it fails. then, they face a team with an NFL qb and 3 NFL wr's with a front 7 that started thin and got much thinner very early. make no mistake-- todd orlando is the best thing we have on the staff. ease up and consider the situation.

and before you do the whole "THIS IS TEXAS! WE DO BETTER!", he didn't recruit the older guys, and if the job had been done adequately, he wouldn't HAVE to play the younger ones.
TCU lost to Kansas...USC and KSU suck...gave up 21 points in the 4th quarter vs OU. Lost at Maryland after their coach was suspended...defend that...

TCU lost to Kansas...USC and KSU suck...gave up 21 points in the 4th quarter vs OU. Lost at Maryland after their coach was suspended...defend that...
My god we are 6-3 for gods sake! We have been in every game we lost. I swear we could be 9-0 and you would still find something negative to say. There’s a good chance we win out and OU drops a game and we might be playing for a conference title. Let’s just take it 1 game at a time

My god we are 6-3 for gods sake! We have been in every game we lost. I swear we could be 9-0 and you would still find something negative to say. There’s a good chance we win out and OU drops a game and we might be playing for a conference title. Let’s just take it 1 game at a time

Madcow has always been the biggest crybaby on the forum. Last time I left the forum for a couple years was mainly because of being sick of reading his garbage.

ADVERTISEMENT