ADVERTISEMENT

Tell Me Again Why Swoopes is still QB?

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Outa all the QB's we got, Swoopes still leads the pack? Wonder how we got stuck with only " Project QB's"? If Strong has another 2 or 3 season like this last one, then we gonna be right back where we were before...the greatest, richest, most academic University in the world and we can't find a QB ready to play and win..I guess Heard will be another Swoopes , a "Project QB"..Now ya can see how whatshisname damaged and will take us 6 years to repair from the aftermath.." I don't buy that he's gone BS anymore, if ya can't see then ya blind as sh*T! As long as Swoopes is on this team, that will be the reminder right there of how people can even screw a University program all to crap...its not the young man's fault, then whose was it?

Hook'em

Swoopes is leading the pack because he is better at watching film and diagramming plays on the white board. That's all they can do right now. We will see what happens when they actually put the pads on.

Maybe Swoopes has improved. I saw what everyone saw last year, but I also played the game, and I know it is possible to improve. Quit Worrying about what he did last year and let's give him a chance to show what can now do.

Are you serious Clark? Have you seen our QB depth chart? Why would we get rid of a QB with playing time under his belt?

I think that if we see the same things the 1st 2 games then its safe to say, that he don't have it? He needs to get faster and more physical than he was last season, I think we would have had a better rushing avg. if he coulda made his mind up to run when he should have and I mean not backwards..but the Oline wasn't any good so that will take care of that part..and having a QB with game experience, depends on what you call game EXp..I think Swoopes got some last yr but, mostly on his butt on the ground. maybe that will linger and teach him to make decisions better and faster

For some reasons , no one wants to play QB at Texas! Until w find out what that is, then we gonna have probs. A little of the prob is not having a QB that has been working on his project of being one and not getting any playing time..I think that the " Golden QB" age has run out at Texas and we need to start working on the next " Golden age"!Maybe we oughta go to a 2 qb system and see what that does..the answers in the wind.

Hook'em

Originally posted by Son of Wasatch:
Maybe Swoopes has improved. I saw what everyone saw last year, but I also played the game, and I know it is possible to improve. Quit Worrying about what he did last year and let's give him a chance to show what can now do.
You should be a motivational speaker!

Originally posted by diadevic:
Originally posted by Son of Wasatch:
You should be a motivational speaker!
You've got potential, you've got potential.....

Originally posted by Belldozer1:

They say Holtz is in beast mode this offseason.
In what? Weight room? Conditioning drills? Film Study? That's all they have done so far.

Originally posted by speedstrength:

They say Holtz is in beast mode this offseason.
In what? Weight room? Conditioning drills? Film Study? That's all they have done so far.
I think he is trying to be funny. Brandon Weeden was a horrible practice guy and gundy disliked him for that. Boykin made a 360. The lemmings here are falling for the chip brown BS. so Let spring practice play out, as far as I am concerned before you jump off the cliff. I honestly do not think our QB is on campus yet ad that Maybe even more disturbing than swoopes playing QB.

Speed strength I may have made that part up. Just trying to get Holtz in the mix.

Look at the Aggie and OU fans coming out in this thread like cockroaches.

Its called messageboard blameshifting.

In other words, they don't want to talk about their crummy QB situations.......so they focus on ours.
OUs best option is the curious case of Trevor Knight. Back up by a guy who lost his job at TT and ran away to momma Stoops. Thomas sucks. Hansen might be the best of the bunch, but banking on a RS frosh....good luck.

ATM has Garrett Gilbert version 2.0 in Allen. Murray who very well could bolt for baseball where being a midget isn't bad for your base on balls ratio. And they have absolutely no one behind all that. Even if GiGi part dos works out, he is a hit away from them recruiting David Ash to come in so they have someone with experience at QB.

Maybe you should start a thread about OU's qb's because this is very clearly about Swoopes and UT qb's. the thread title was a dead giveaway to most.

Re: Tell Me Again Why Swoopes is still QB?

Maybe you should start a thread about OU's qb's because this is very clearly about Swoopes and UT qb's. the thread title was a dead giveaway to most.

Ironically, he's the one that mentioned message board blame shifting.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Gotta love the ironic sarcasm huh?

Some okie trolls just let it fly right over their head.

lets just say how it really is. Right now, OU and Texas both suck. Texas sucks a little bit worse but not much. The qb situation for both teams also suck as well, although OU might have a gunslinger in Mayfield but who knows. Texas has Swoopes and then not much else especially as far as experience goes. I expect both teams to lose 4 or 5 games next year. thank you and that is all

My buddy slept with Knights mom last year in New Braunfels if that counts for anything.

I might root harder for Ty than any player before just so 90% of this board has to eat a plateful of crow the likes of which have never been seen.

Originally posted by DKR2005:
I might root harder for Ty than any player before just so 90% of this board has to eat a plateful of crow the likes of which have never been seen.
Better bring yourself a sack lunch then! It will be a while if ever..

Hook'em

As far as I am aware Falko---- Trevor knights momma doesn't live in New Braunfels.....

Maybe your buddy was pulling your leg a little for kicks.

Just saying.

That's crow we'd all devour in an instant.

Originally posted by bubba2023:

That's crow we'd all devour in an instant.
I never thought I could dislike anybody worse than garrett gilbert.....that said, I just want to win. I highly doubt it is with swoopes.

Count me in and those wishing that I have to eat crow.

But see NFW. Too many short comings in all phases of playing the position to overcome. Would say stands a less than 3% chance of playing a role in Texas being a top shelf team over the next 2 years.

Excels in no areas. Can throw the ball a long way and complete a 3 yard pass. That is it.

This post was edited on 3/17 8:32 PM by LHORNJACK

Originally posted by jsto60:
Look at the Aggie and OU fans coming out in this thread like cockroaches.

Its called messageboard blameshifting.

In other words, they don't want to talk about their crummy QB situations.......so they focus on ours.
OUs best option is the curious case of Trevor Knight. Back up by a guy who lost his job at TT and ran away to momma Stoops. Thomas sucks. Hansen might be the best of the bunch, but banking on a RS frosh....good luck.

ATM has Garrett Gilbert version 2.0 in Allen. Murray who very well could bolt for baseball where being a midget isn't bad for your base on balls ratio. And they have absolutely no one behind all that. Even if GiGi part dos works out, he is a hit away from them recruiting David Ash to come in so they have someone with experience at QB.
Your delusion is very strong.

"Your delusion is very strong."

1-I'm not sure why you guys treat Kyle Allen like some type of god. What if I told you Kyle Allen finished with essentially the same total QBR as Trevor Knight (who might have lost his starting job) or finished with a lower total QBR than Kenny Hill who was benched at A&M. Kyle Allen was terrible against ULM, LSU and Missouri. He was decent against Auburn (who fired their defensive coordinator) and WV (a defense Texas even embarrassed even with our offensive struggles last year). I'm guessing he will get some type of nickname for shredding two below average defenses?

2-It's pretty likely Murray goes pro if he's drafted where he's being predicted.

So yeah, I'm not sure where his delusion is.

"Your delusion is very strong."

1-I'm not sure why you guys treat Kyle Allen like some type of god. What if I told you Kyle Allen finished with essentially the same total QBR as Trevor Knight (who might have lost his starting job) or finished with a lower total QBR than Kenny Hill who was benched at A&M. Kyle Allen was terrible against ULM, LSU and Missouri. He was decent against Auburn (who fired their defensive coordinator) and WV (a defense Texas embarrassed even with our offensive struggles last year). I'm guessing Kyle Allen will get some type of nickname for shredding two below average defenses?

2-It's pretty likely Murray goes pro if he's drafted where he's being projected.

So yeah, I'm not sure where his delusion is.

It's going to be glorious pulling this thread up at the end of this season. You guys are running your mouth about Allen who only played less than half of the season.

"You guys are running your mouth about Allen who only played less than half of the season."

Yet you guys are hyping him like he's jesus.

Originally posted by mikej042002:
It's going to be glorious pulling this thread up at the end of this season. You guys are running your mouth about Allen who only played less than half of the season.
What is really funny is that YOU guys are running your mouth about how awesome Allen is based on less than a half season and it wasn't that stellar.

He piled up some garbage time stats vs Lamar and Rice and SMU. He sucked out loud and almost lost at home in his first start vs freaking LaTech. He had decent games in shootouts vs Auburn and Mizzou (and I am talking less than 280 yds in each game so yeah, just decent games). He had one good bowl game vs West Virginia.

Remind you of anyone? See Trevor Knight or GG. Look he could turn out to be a good one. But UT fans questioning how much you guys are slobbering over him. Well we are the ones on the right side here. You almost admit that with your "running your mouth...played less than half a season". Like you get it, you just don't really get it.

Remember when you were slobbering Heisman talk on Kenny Thrill at the start of the year? So yeah, I'd take it easy if I were you. Not everyone is the second coming of Johhny rehab.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT