ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and OU to the SEC?

Well this is just foolish talk. Your boys need to decide if y’all plan to score this year first.

So I’ve been out awhile. Lost my dad and father in law, put our mother in law in sr living all in the span of two months.

I’m ready to be back and start the smack down. Football season is now upon us. Let the games begin. UT re-emerges this year with shades of 2005 & 2009. Mark it down.
My condolences.

Well this is just foolish talk. Your boys need to decide if y’all plan to score this year first.

So I’ve been out awhile. Lost my dad and father in law, put our mother in law in sr living all in the span of two months.

I’m ready to be back and start the smack down. Football season is now upon us. Let the games begin. UT re-emerges this year with shades of 2005 & 2009. Mark it down.
hey man, sorry for your loss and welcome back. This season should be fun. To be honest..it reminds me more of the 2004 season...On the road week 2...have a slip up mid season..new league so we would still go to CCG with 1 loss and we would win it. Barley miss the playoffs or just make #4th...im putting money on us going 11-1 regular season. Launching us into 2005 (2024)

Damn WRL, that’s a rough run. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you’ve earned some smack talk credits.

We get to down Horns Down again. Yay!

It is super satisfying to flash the double horns down when you guys are limping off the field after a gut punch play like a pick six.

Last edited:
We get to down Horns Down again. Yay!

It is super satisfying to flash the double horns down when you guys are limping off the field after a gut punch play like a pick six.
its funny how teams think they're hurting us by using OUR hand sign upside down and offends us. All it screams is inferiority complex. Keep letting us stay in your minds rent free. Do you ever see Texas fans doing the thumb down on aggy or the blowu sign to "mock" yall? Its just sad. The media is who hypes it up to be something Texas fans dont like/cry about. Id say 95% of us Dont give a rats ass. And its even more funny when you do it and WE ARNT EVEN IN THE DAMN GAME LOL.

again sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: weevilcatch
its funny how teams think they're hurting us by using OUR hand sign upside down and offends us. All it screams is inferiority complex. Keep letting us stay in your minds rent free. Do you ever see Texas fans doing the thumb down on aggy or the blowu sign to "mock" yall? Its just sad. The media is who hypes it up to be something Texas fans dont like/cry about. Id say 95% of us Dont give a rats ass. And its even more funny when you do it and WE ARNT EVEN IN THE DAMN GAME LOL.

again sad.
I can’t wait for the Horns to start playing LSU regularly. If that fan base doesn’t offend you, then you’ve got the patience of Zen.

And just behind them are UTk, Bama and UGA. Visitors in their stadiums are considered to be cannon fodder and they fire insults from the opening kickoff to the final whistle.

If you decide to take your motorhome, just know that they’ll rock it all night and do anything to keep you from sleeping. Best to get a hotel room and drive to the game.

There are mostly great fans everywhere in the SEC but those four fan bases will make you work to have a good time. Oh lord, I forgot to mention what happens if your team beats theirs…

I can’t wait for the Horns to start playing LSU regularly. If that fan base doesn’t offend you, then you’ve got the patience of Zen.

And just behind them are UTk, Bama and UGA. Visitors in their stadiums are considered to be cannon fodder and they fire insults from the opening kickoff to the final whistle.

If you decide to take your motorhome, just know that they’ll rock it all night and do anything to keep you from sleeping. Best to get a hotel room and drive to the game.

There are mostly great fans everywhere in the SEC but those four fan bases will make you work to have a good time. Oh lord, I forgot to mention what happens if your team beats theirs…
ive been to every Texas Lsu Game we have played since i think was the 2002 cotton bowl? 3 games i believe . Their fans ..being passionate that is..never really bothered me.

Arky however..my dad and little me got kicked out of the Texas Arkansas game in 2003. We had a player down and the Arky fans and band where singing along..so my dad being drunk told a guy to shut the **** up..guy then spit in my dads face hitting me (13 years old) in the face. Dad swung hit the dude , he fell i kicked him in the nutts. and we left before Matt Jones could run anymore TDs on us in. soooo yeah..Lsu fans...ok..Arky fans..fuk em

• Haha
Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
ive been to every Texas Lsu Game we have played since i think was the 2002 cotton bowl? 3 games i believe . Their fans ..being passionate that is..never really bothered me.

Arky however..my dad and little me got kicked out of the Texas Arkansas game in 2003. We had a player down and the Arky fans and band where singing along..so my dad being drunk told a guy to shut the **** up..guy then spit in my dads face hitting me (13 years old) in the face. Dad swung hit the dude , he fell i kicked him in the nutts. and we left before Matt Jones could run anymore TDs on us in. soooo yeah..Lsu fans...ok..Arky fans..fuk em
In 1969, cars with TX plates couldn't get gas on the way to or from the Arkansas game. Too bad piggies.

again sad.

If 95% don't care, then why did the NCAA make such a BFD about it by adding a penalty? If nobody cared?

I'll will give everyone on this board credit though. YOU guys wouldn't care if someone gave you the horns down. I believe that.

Bunch of snowflakes in Austin I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2
If 95% don't care, then why did the make such a BFD about it by adding a penalty? If nobody cared?

I'll will give everyone on this board credit though. YOU guys wouldn't care if someone gave you the horns down. I believe that.

lmao you think the fans called in and screamed "MAKE IT A PENALITY!!!" common dude get real.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
If 95% don't care, then why did the make such a BFD about it by adding a penalty? If nobody cared?

Crimson you’re ok for a Sooner, so let me help you out on this.

Do you know when this penalty was first called, and against who?

It was 2012, Texas at Texas Tech. Texas WR Mike Davis caught a long TD, and proceeded to flash the “Guns Up” hand sign, then quickly holster the guns in mocking fashion. FLAG! Unsportsmanlike conduct on Davis.

That’s right, after millions of “Horns Down” through the decades, a TEXAS LONGHORN was the first player to get flagged for using another team’s hand sign. How’s that for irony?

So of course, Texas was like, “Whoa hold the fvck up! If you’re gonna call that on us, you damn well better call it on everybody else!”

And now you know…the rest of the story. Paul Harvey….good day.

Everyone acts like Texas is some sheltered kid who is about to experience the dangers of the real world for the first time. Give me a break, we've been on everyone's hit list and have been the target of more hatred than just about anyone. We wear that badge with honor.

Yes, you guys are absolutely the Evil Empire. Never forget that.

But some day OU will be > than UT. It's coming.

Crimson you’re ok for a Sooner, so let me help you out on this.

Do you know when this penalty was first called, and against who?

It was 2012, Texas at Texas Tech. Texas WR Mike Davis caught a long TD, and proceeded to flash the “Guns Up” hand sign, then quickly holster the guns in mocking fashion. FLAG! Unsportsmanlike conduct on Davis.

That’s right, after millions of “Horns Down” through the decades, a TEXAS LONGHORN was the first player to get flagged for using another team’s hand sign. How’s that for irony?

So of course, Texas was like, “Whoa hold the fvck up! If you’re gonna call that on us, you damn well better call it on everybody else!”

And now you know…the rest of the story. Paul Harvey….good day.

Huh. That is super interesting Metcalf! Thanks for posting that.

In any event, I hope you agree that it's silly to call anything but an in-another-player's-face instance of guns down or horns up or whatever as a penalty.

Like after an OU player scores another touchdown against the horns, let him fire off a hard horns down to the UT faithful in the stands.

Likewise, if ever a UT player ever scores a touchdown again against the sooners, let him proudly flash the horns up sign to the OU fans in attendance.

I mean to me that level of emotion, of dislike, is what our rivalry is all about.

Anyway, thanks again, and talk again soon my friend!

Reactions: Metcalf #2
If 95% don't care, then why did the NCAA make such a BFD about it by adding a penalty? If nobody cared?

OK Crimson....you just made my short list of sooners that get a pass from me. You made me laugh. Thanks. Those others on my list of honor are Fizzwilly, Bell, Heisenburg, and now you....thanks

Reactions: Crimson_Warrior

In any event, I hope you agree that it's silly to call anything but an in-another-player's-face instance of guns down or horns up or whatever as a penalty.

Like after an OU player scores another touchdown against the horns, let him fire off a hard horns down to the UT faithful in the stands.

Likewise, if ever a UT player ever scores a touchdown again against the sooners, let him proudly flash the horns up sign to the OU fans in attendance.

I mean to me that level of emotion, of dislike, is what our rivalry is all about.

Of course it’s a silly rule, but it’s a Big 12 rule, not a Texas rule. Texas never gave a damn until we got flagged for something that’s been done to us since the beginning of time with no penalty.

Fortunately, we’re both almost done with the bad joke that is the Big 12. Let’s shit on every last one of them, and give them that single finger hand sign on the way out….

lol it should say "Like IF an OU player scores A SINGLE touchdown against the horns, let him fire off a hard horns down to the UT faithful in the stands. "

since you know...49...to..zip?

The Horns down is the only signal that I’m aware of in college sports that is universally recognized as an insult to an opposing fan base. I believe that is the reason it’s viewed as taunting if it’s done on the field. I personally don’t care if someone does it or not. It’s just amazing to me that a grown ass adult would do it with such passion and intensity. Just shows how small some people really are. Grade school kind of stuff. We’re clearly bigger and classier than most.

I don’t recall any time where I’ve tried to offend opposing fans with a child like gesture. Is it thumbs down for Aggy? Guns down for Tech? Bear claw down for Baylor? To hell with all that. I’d rather just flip you off and grab my balls at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT