Texas and OU to the SEC?

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Who the hell is abstaining if it’s not aggy?
KC--- remember when they stole our mascot back in the 1910s and branded it 13-0.....? Well we branded over it the word BEVO to cover it up. Hence, our mascot was called BEVO after that.

There are 14 teams that have to vote in SEC..... if one team (in college station) abstains from the vote, the count would be 13-0....... so it's a way for them to slight Texas by reminding us about the mascot incident.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
KC--- remember when they stole our mascot back in the 1910s and branded it 13-0.....? Well we branded over it the word BEVO to cover it up. Hence, our mascot was called BEVO after that.

There are 14 teams that have to vote in SEC..... if one team (in college station) abstains from the vote, the count would be 13-0....... so it's a way for them to slight Texas by reminding us about the mascot incident.

I actually did not know that… makes sense however petty lol

diadevic

May 4, 2006
ESPN oughta terminate the big 12 contract in response. Not sure what he’s doing
He has to fire all the shots in his gun. Unfortunately, its a bb gun and he was asleep when the looting took place. As a Baylor guy --- I am still stunned that this A** wipe pulls down $3.3 million a year. And in return, we got (a) One True Champion ad campaign while naming two champions, and (b) a commissioner who was "blindsided" when the two biggest schools in the conference announced they were leaving. How could he be caught offguard by this? How is he not talking to them daily/hourly? And somehow, he still has a job and will be tasked with salvaging what is left - good luck with that.

aggie1982

Nov 24, 2006
So as I understand it, after the last conference realignment, the Big 12 rammed a clause down everyone's throat that said if even 1 school remained, the conference could sue all parties involved.

Which means if the other schools had landing spots, the B12 would be less likely to trigger the clause correct?

So the Big 12 ran off Texas and OU, then goes after ESPN thinking they're trying to pressure other conferences to take the remaining schools?

Seems like that would be more beneficial to them (the other schools) rather than to sit tight and wait for lawsuit money to roll in.

Or are the other schools financially unable to leave due to buyouts?

As a person with no ear to the ground or inside sources on the subject it just seems counter productive for the remaining schools to allow the B12 to throw down the gauntlet. It was fun while it lasted, flee for greener pastures and get back to football.

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
Well daddy is coming back to the dinner table. Recruiting is about to go, Archie Manning come on down.
Sadly, recruiting has been bad. Texas has botched nil because of plonsky in Belmont and sark appears to be a below average recruiter.

GuaranteedFresh!

Oct 31, 2010
Man this has all happened fast. Sec votes yes, extends official invitation and UT & OU officially accept all in thr same day. Now all eyes are on the remaining 8.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
Sadly, recruiting has been bad. Texas has botched nil because of plonsky in Belmont and sark appears to be a below average recruiter.
I don’t think Sark is a bad recruiter. He’s coached too much talent for that to be the case. I think there is just a lot of negative recruiting on Texas. “They aren’t going to play the games you’ll see in the SEC or big 10”. “Yeah Sark is cool and all, but they’ll fire him in two years look what they did with the last two guys.” Start winning games and building momentum. Recruits will take notice.

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
My God, how is that piece-of-sh*t human still in charge of anything that matters for UT Athletics?
Idk but she is in nil compliance and is nixing all big money going to buy players. Someone needs to hang her where the hogg statue used to be.

Longyac

Oct 18, 2005
So as I understand it, after the last conference realignment, the Big 12 rammed a clause down everyone's throat that said if even 1 school remained, the conference could sue all parties involved.

Which means if the other schools had landing spots, the B12 would be less likely to trigger the clause correct?

So the Big 12 ran off Texas and OU, then goes after ESPN thinking they're trying to pressure other conferences to take the remaining schools?

Seems like that would be more beneficial to them (the other schools) rather than to sit tight and wait for lawsuit money to roll in.

Or are the other schools financially unable to leave due to buyouts?

As a person with no ear to the ground or inside sources on the subject it just seems counter productive for the remaining schools to allow the B12 to throw down the gauntlet. It was fun while it lasted, flee for greener pastures and get back to football.
If only takes 4-6 votes to dissolve the conference then if dissolved no one is really still part of the Big 12 for there to be a member.

Longyac

Oct 18, 2005
My God, how is that piece-of-sh*t human still in charge of anything that matters for UT Athletics?
Worse, while other schools were printing and selling team jerseys with names on numbers on them, with the athletes getting a cut, her team was telling our players if you make jerseys with your name and number on them you cannot use burnt orange as it would be trademark violation.

Texas is completely unprepared to change the mindset in the AD around protecting all revenue streams and protecting brand to use NIL as an investment in the brand.

Last edited:

LAY THE WOODY

Jul 23, 2008
Texas is completely unprepared to change the mindset in the AD around protecting all revenue streams and protecting brand to use NIL as an investment in the brand.
Nil is just what your regents, donors and admin were waitin for. The rich only gonna get richer. You buy that?

aggie1982

Nov 24, 2006

This guy is a joke and he is a Georgia fan so it tells it all
Yes, Texas and OU fans. Prepare for the unyielding assault of a new and dangerous foe to your psyche.

One you have never encountered.........

Trash talking........in football.....by fans.......

Didn't make it further than that before I turned it off because I could feel my property values dropping just having his voice coming out of my speakers.

Reactions: Metcalf #2

hookem365

Jul 12, 2020
i find it quite laughable that the SEC recognizes Texas' academic accomplishments. The Big XII was a misfit academically for Texas. The SEC is even worse.

LAY THE WOODY

Jul 23, 2008
i find it quite laughable that the SEC recognizes Texas' academic accomplishments. The Big XII was a misfit academically for Texas. The SEC is even worse.
Well since yer so smart, maybe you and vandy can splinter and spark up a super smart conference. Level yer gridiron competition ya know? 😉

BringBackRoyal

Jan 3, 2004

It's not actually worse. Including UT, the Big 12 has three AAU universities. With UT, five out of 16 (31.25%) SEC universities will be AAU members. Excluding UT, the average Big 12 USNWR ranking is 150. Excluding UT (but including OU), the average SEC ranking in the USNWR would be 113.

Anyway, I don't care at all. All of these schools (except maybe Vandy -- not sure), including UT, accept student-athletes with NCAA minimum scores and manage to keep them eligible with a combination of joke classes and intensive academic support programs. I was resigned to the idea that the snobbery of the UT academic side would preclude us from ever joining the SEC and would eventually land us either in the most boring division in all of the P5 (Big Ten West) or in a conference where no one cares (Pac-12). Thank God Hartzell, Eltife, and Del Conte were all here at the right time instead of Dodds/Patterson and Powers/Fenves.

The only thing a conference matters for to me is sports. No school rises or falls in academic reputation based on where its athletics programs play their games.

Last edited:

Okie70

Oct 9, 2001
What is the AAU stuff? Though this was a football site. Who cares how many taxpayers dollars get sucked up to fund idiot prof's papers? Guess the Huskers qualified though being in the Big 10 with all their AAU buddies. How are they doing?

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
It's not actually worse. Including UT, the Big 12 has three AAU universities. With UT, five out of 16 (31.25%) SEC universities will be AAU members. Excluding UT, the average Big 12 USNWR ranking is 150. Excluding UT (but including OU), the average SEC ranking in the USNWR would be 113.

Anyway, I don't care at all. All of these schools (except maybe Vandy -- not sure), including UT, accept student-athletes with NCAA minimum scores and manage to keep them eligible with a combination of joke classes and intensive academic support programs. I was resigned to the idea that the snobbery of the UT academic side would preclude us from ever joining the SEC and would eventually land us either in the most boring division in all of the P5 (Big Ten West) or in a conference where no one cares (Pac-12). Thank God Hartzell, Eltife, and Del Conte were all here at the right time instead of Dodds/Patterson and Powers/Fenves.

The only thing a conference matters for to me is sports. No school rises or falls in academic reputation based on where its athletics programs play their games.
I’m with you. I never really understood why academics came in to play. These are athletic conferences. Only reason they exist. If there was no athletics there would be no conferences so who who cares ?

LAY THE WOODY

Jul 23, 2008
I’m with you. I never really understood why academics came in to play. These are athletic conferences. Only reason they exist. If there was no athletics there would be no conferences so who who cares ?
My man! Dang shame, but it's the sad truth.