ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and OU to the SEC?

Maybe balk was the wrong word but a lot can happen to make this deal not happen
Too much money involved at this point. Anyone remotely on the fence will be disciplined and or money whipped into capitulation. Watch, gomer will vote yes before it's all said and done. I bet Sankey and Bama place gomer in the doghouse if they vote no. Eltiffe and the Disney lobbyists will clean up the rest.

That's right. I had completely forgotten about Baylor sending in the lawyers during the last conference realignment.
It's only false hope bro. Don't take the bait. "X" out Turkey day next year. We're coming to dinner.

Too much money involved at this point. Anyone remotely on the fence will be disciplined and or money whipped into capitulation. Watch, gomer will vote yes before it's all said and done. I bet Sankey and Bama place gomer in the doghouse if they vote no. Eltiffe and the Disney lobbyists will clean up the rest.
Several years ago about this time we were headed to the newly named pac 16, so like I said a ton can happen. I agree it’s likely to happen but a lot of moving parts

OB needs to morp into a new medium, people are getting hat they want from u-tube sensations, Texas Homer, and many others, going to lose this gravy train. Step it up or get a real job

It's only false hope bro. Don't take the bait. "X" out Turkey day next year. We're coming to dinner.
Oh I know it's not viable. I literally meant I'd forgotten they'd tried that. It didn't work last time so I didn't think it'd work any better this time. The other poster mentioning it just reminded me.

I would assume the only hurdles would be whatever TV contracts need to be hammered out. And with the NIL stuff, I wonder how much more complex the decisions will be. It's definitely going to be an interesting time to watch a conference realignment unfold.

Reactions: westx
Funny how schools are using politicians to try and thwart any potential move to the SEC. Okie Governor may be an OSU grad but I guarantee that most of his constituents are OU grads or OU followers. He best be a good Conservative Republican and stay out of the private business of college football.

UT, OU and Big12.
Once the 23' season comes around we will see a major shift in college football once again. UT and OU will be in the SEC to create a 16 league. WV will move to the ACC. The ACC will then add Cincy to create a 16 league. The Pac will make a play with bringing in TT, BU, TCU and OSU to create a 16 league. Then we will see KU going to the Big 10. That will be 15 schools. So they will look to add another school out of ISU and KSU. That means only one school will be in the cold. If everyone moves, no one will have to forgo their grants at all.
Don't be surprise to see this happening at the end of the year.

When the Baylor Folks did that during the first conference shuffle the program had some momentum… not sure they have that same momentum
I guess no one cares about men’s basketball...When the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS RESIDE IN WACO, TEXAS! You go measure your momentum, and we’ll take the hardware - SIC’EM BEARS!!!

I guess no one cares about men’s basketball...When the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS RESIDE IN WACO, TEXAS! You go measure your momentum, and we’ll take the hardware - SIC’EM BEARS!!!
Look I’m as big a basketball fan as there is on the board, but the reality is football is driving this move. If it wasn’t the SEC would be trying to get Kansas.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Doesn't really matter that much to me. OU will dominate whatever conference it's in.
Wish I was as confident Warrior. Playing LSU, Ala., Fla. and even A&M, although assume OU will be in the Western division and play Ala. every four years or so, is step above Iowa St., KState and TCU.

Exit fee is pretty hefty. Its the sum of two years of conference distributions so 76 million. The big 12 would also hold tier 1 and 2 media rights through the 2024 football season and through the end of the regular 2025 basketball season.

Exit fee is pretty hefty. Its the sum of two years of conference distributions so 76 million. The big 12 would also hold tier 1 and 2 media rights through the 2024 football season and through the end of the regular 2025 basketball season.
I don’t think anything would happen till the end of 2025. Maybe 2024… unless they really want out and try to fight it.

This won't happen until after the current contract expires, so that's a non-issue.

This won't happen until after the current contract expires, so that's a non-issue.
Yeah most likely the case. I think in the first time realignment happened there were a few schools that ended up cutting a deal to get out early… I guess it could happen, but most likely not

I don't particularly care if we go secsec. But I am watching atm squirm. Perhaps the only thing that would be more delicious would be if atm and mizzou pouted so much secsec said go along or go away. And they sulk in the corner while the new cool guys get all the attention.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Funny I could care less about joining the SEC. I agree it might be cool like a new pair of shoes. But it won’t get us closer to a national championship any sooner. Might even make it a little harder. But when I read the headline my first thought was how it would awaken the aggie trolls and how fun it was going to be watching it unfold. Man, was I right.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I read all this and I laugh. These kind of internet rumors are all the norm now and they don't have to take any responsibility for it.

Now Texas has done well in sports this year. I assume you know Eddie Reese is coming back. I have confidence in coach Pierce but the SEC had 4 teams in the CWS.

But it boils down to fb. And to be blunt our fb team would get killed in the SEC. I mean we've lost 7 out of 9 to TC f******U. How's it going to work out for us when we play their big boys? Not very well I can assure you.

Finally we've heard nothing from Del Conte and Hartzell on this and until they do there's no need to take this seriously.

Winning men's hoops title did a lot to help raise the Big XII profile so who knows maybe there's still hope for the Big XII.

Last edited:
I read all this and I laugh. These kind of internet rumors are all the norm now and they don't have to take any responsibility for it.

Now Texas has done well in sports this year. I assume you know Eddie Reese is coming back. I have confidence in coach Pierce but the SEC had 4 teams in the CWS.

But it boils down to fb. And to be blunt our fb team would get killed in the SEC. I mean we've lost 7 out of 9 to TC f******U. How's it going to work out for us when we play their big boys? Not very well I can assure you.

Finally we've heard nothing from Del Conte and Hartzell on this and until they do there's no need to take this seriously.

Winning men's hoops title did a lot to help raise the Big XII profile so who knows maybe there's still hope for the Big XII.
Normally I'd agree but in this case it's not what they say, it's what they're not saying. Our guys are usually very quick to squash big public rumours but all they've said is that they will not address it.

Normally I'd agree but in this case it's not what they say, it's what they're not saying. Our guys are usually very quick to squash big public rumours but all they've said is that they will not address it.
Yeah If you read everyone’s comments it’s pretty obvious this is more than just silly internet speculation. Does it ultimately come to pass? Who knows but sounds like it’s very real.

This right here. No one from the SEC, Texas or OU are denying this rumor.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT