ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and OU to the SEC?

According to KTCK The Ticket in Dallas - these talks have been going on for 6 months, and an announcement will come as early as next week. One school from the SEC was not included in these meetings. Delicious.
They left A&M out because they already knew what their opinion would be and didn't want that to pollute the discussions. Kind of like trying to decide which steakhouse you want to go eat at and your 5 year old whining that they want to go to McDonalds instead.

I disagree. I believe they were in the loop and only leaked the story when it became apparent that they couldn't garner the necessary votes to kill the deal. Fisher's comments were scripted and it didn't appear to catch him off guard.

I guess the SEC is the place to be now. Unbelievable. All you guys have done is disparage this conference for ten years now. Not mad just stating facts. I know these two brands are next to impossible to turn down, but what's in it for you guys other than getting back at us, though you don't care about us?

I guess the SEC is the place to be now. Unbelievable. All you guys have done is disparage this conference for ten years now. Not mad just stating facts. I know these two brands are next to impossible to turn down, but what's in it for you guys other than getting back at us, though you don't care about us?

Getting back at a&m? Obviously there is interest from the SEC in adding Texas and OU. This has nothing to do with a&m. Conference realignment and additions were bound to happen at some point. What's hilarious is aggy's reaction to Texas being pursued and added to the SEC. Once again, a&m will be second fiddle and will be in Texas' shadow.

College football is now semi pro and the SEC will probably gain the most from it because it is the biggest stage. Recruiting top players will be difficult if you are not high on the pecking order. Texas and OU don't want to get left behind. Pissing you off is just a bonus.

In all fairness the reaction here should be worse. For years we have heard that the SEC is overrated. We have heard that Texas fans don't want any part of the SEC, academics suck, Texas doesn't need the SEC, etc. So, I would think this board here would be in meltdown mode. My guess is that most are jizzing on themselves to be a part of the SEC. As an Aggie I'm 50/50 on it. I don't desire to play Texas anymore, and I'm sure most of you guys feel the same day. This comes down to a vote doesn't it? I really don't know how it all works from here. The bottom line is that Texas and OU will chase this hard because the Big 12 is headed down quickly. There are 2 teams with talent that matches anything that Alabama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, Florida and Georgia. It will be interesting.
Stupid argument Ketch makes about having an opportunity to get into Texas. They are already here. Alabama, Georgia, LSU and Florida already take kids from A&M and Texas.

I've never liked the SEC but it is the best conference top to bottom in football and has become that in baseball. The B12 is a sinking ship and if Texas and OU are willing to join forces, why not. Texas reunites with aggy and piggy for a SWC vibe and the Texas/OU rivalry remains intact. More money, more exposure.

Achievement level: Super Conference unlocked.

Not mad just stating facts.

pp-840x830-pad-1000x1000-f8f8f8.jpg

What I REALLY hope for though, is that if we do move, that we keep the RRR in place.

There is nothing like playing the Evil Empire on the 2nd Saturday in October. Feels like life or death every time.
Not going anywhere.

Yewh I don’t see the Texas/Ou game changing. In fact it’s probably a big reason the two are doing this together

Reactions: 88MCSS2NV
I was just thinking. If this has been in the works for 6 months I wonder if it played a role in landing Chris Beard. If they discussed this with him he had to know his ability to get talent to Tech was about to get tougher and the resources available were about to be uncertain

The disparage you speak of wasn't directed at the SEC, but more to a&m's bolting to SEC. When that happened, it seemed that many aggys threw dirt in the Big 12s face. Some even put sec decals on their vehicles that were larger than aTm decals.
What's in it for UT? Possible better recruiting, more $$. The new Texas athletic administration is dead set on taking measures to return the Longhorns to top tier. 🤘

I think you may be taking this way too personal. We’re talking college football. Don’t get your feelings hurt. Man, this could be a great day for you guys. You may get a chance to play us again.

If the ACC accepts WV, that will feel like a backstop. I haven't heard anything about KSU, which is laughable.
K state is in a tough spot because he facts that drive realignment they don’t bring really any of it to the table

Location-no
Recruiting base-no
Tv market-no
Winning- they do pretty well not great.

Reactions: jolebo
K state is in a tough spot because he facts that drive realignment they don’t bring really any of it to the table

Location-no
Recruiting base-no
Tv market-no
Winning- they do pretty well not great.
Klieman better win this year with Thompson back one last year. He hasn't fully shown that he can get the job done post-Snyder.

According to KTCK The Ticket in Dallas - these talks have been going on for 6 months, and an announcement will come as early as next week. One school from the SEC was not included in these meetings. Delicious.
I also happened to be listening when the “Hang Zone” was reporting the latest news. They also extrapolated on the background. Apparently, as you mentioned, this has been going on for 6 mos and the whole thing was kept quiet from aggie. Aggie leaked the news to try and Hail Mary the deal last minute.

Heck, who knows. May all be BS but if it ain’t real someone screwed this deal up real bad.

it is a done ****ing deal. and honestly its the best spot for us to land. I cant stand the thought of playing on the west coast at pullman at an 11pm central start time or playing in ann arbor or happy valley in late november.

Reactions: brushycreekhorn
Pete Thamel just said he thinks Texas and OU are in the SEC by the end of next season with an outside shot of it being the end of this season. He said he didn’t think they’d hang out for 4 years that they would figure out a way to get there sooner.

I tend to agree with this thinking. This didn’t come out now so that they could move 4 years down the road, and with the vote potentially taking place in a matter of a few weeks. Seems likely it’s before 2025

Reactions: WRLHookem
Big XII bylaws state that if we inform them today we can't leave for another 18 months and we forfeit our conference distributions for that period of time . That means will be playing for at least 2 seasons in the Big XII and will be losing 76 million.

We were fairly instrumental in writing those rules a few years ago so it would be almost impossible to get out of them.

Big XII bylaws state that if we inform them today we can't leave for another 18 months and we forfeit our conference distributions for that period of time . That means will be playing for at least 2 seasons in the Big XII and will be losing 76 million.

We were fairly instrumental in writing those rules a few years ago so it would be almost impossible to get out of them.
Yeah that’s all well and good, but I’m not sure those bylaws will actually be enforced. I mean within 24 hours of this news TCU, Tech, Baylor already reaching out to the pac 12 Kansas and Iowa state trying to get in to the big 10. There mag not be a big 12 to enforce the big 12 bylaws

Reactions: brushycreekhorn
Yeah that’s all well and good, but I’m not sure those bylaws will actually be enforced. I mean within 24 hours of this news TCU, Tech, Baylor already reaching out to the pac 12 Kansas and Iowa state trying to get in to the big 10. There mag not be a big 12 to enforce the big 12 bylaws
The Big XII will retain media rights for all those schools until 2025 and will be able to offer 38 million a year to potential replacements until 2024. The Big XII will continue to exist in some form even if its something like conference USA with Baylor and K-State because they will be able to provide way more money for a few years based on the grant of rights. I wouldn't listen to pundits/talking heads on the timing of the move unless they understand and are addressing contractual issues.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
ADVERTISEMENT