ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and OU to the SEC?

I would like to hear from some of the Sooners on here....

It occurs to me that in the event this does come off that the biggest winner might be OU. I would think that while our recruiting would benefit, OU's might really,really go up. I would expect them to be even more successful in raiding Texas HS talent than they are now.Lests face it.....they win. Not only that but I think they are light years ahead of the SEC in ....uh...er..."innovative" recruiting techniques. If aggy thinks UT will hurt them recruiting wise wait until they watch OU in action.
For about the last 20 years I've despised all things sec. I'll admit because of their success. I can't cry over the inevitable now though. It's a huge move for Sooners and you're right in recruiting picking up. Stars want to play for Riley and now stars want to play for Grinch. It's all coming to balance at OU and recruits are seeing this obviously. Why so many good athletes are willing to sit with the possibilty of never seeing the field at Alabama when they could showcase their skills immediately at another school is a head scratcher. This is a can of worms I never saw coming. But, Sooners need to pick their game up and what better way than to swim with the best each season. And I laughed at your "innovative" recruiting techniques, like most schools don't have their own "unique" methods. 😉

Oh, aggy is sweatin it right now for sure. 😁

Edit to add this.......

Last edited:
They left A&M out because they already knew what their opinion would be and didn't want that to pollute the discussions. Kind of like trying to decide which steakhouse you want to go eat at and your 5 year old whining that they want to go to McDonalds instead.
Or kind of like trying to decide which steakhouse to go to and my redneck father in law whining that he would rather go to the Little Red Barn in S.A. rather than Myron’s in NB or even me cooking a steak for him. He truly wouldn’t know a good steak if it slapped in the head.

Now back to the topic: on Texags some fans are wanting out of the SEC. Seems they feel they’ve made great contributions to the SEC and feel they’re not appreciated enough.

Last edited:
Or kind of like trying to decide which steakhouse to go to and my redneck father in law whining that he would rather go to the Little Red Barn in S.A. rather than Myron’s in NB or even me cooking a steak for him. He truly wouldn’t know a good steak if it slapped in the head.

Now back to the topic: on Texags some fans are wanting out of the SEC. Seems they feel they’ve made great contributions to the SEC and feel they’re not appreciated enough.
Great contributions? Lol

I would like to hear from some of the Sooners on here....

It occurs to me that in the event this does come off that the biggest winner might be OU. I would think that while our recruiting would benefit, OU's might really,really go up. I would expect them to be even more successful in raiding Texas HS talent than they are now.Lests face it.....they win. Not only that but I think they are light years ahead of the SEC in ....uh...er..."innovative" recruiting techniques. If aggy thinks UT will hurt them recruiting wise wait until they watch OU in action.

Hey oldhorn2, hope you've been well lately.

The consensus around here is that a move to the SEC won't necessarily help OU recruiting on the offensive side of the ball, but it will be a big boost to our defensive recruiting.

We think Grinch is the real deal, and are terrified we'll lose him in a year or two. We think if we stay in the big XII, it will be back to winning games 48-45 after he leaves, and so some guys say a move to the SEC is necessary to ensure our defensive recovery. I'm not sure about that last part, but I have to admit it seems pretty logical.

I also agree with you this is bad news for A&M, but I'm really looking forward to seeing UT renew their rivalry with the Aggies. The contempt by most of the UT fan base for A&M is so pure man. lol Its awesome. It's fun to watch your two teams play.

Last edited:
The first post in the attached thread is a true gem. Folks should remember, win or lose, good or bad, we’re talking college football on a message board, people take some of this stuff way too seriously lol
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3211629

Wow. The guy that started the thread is a stereotypical delusional aggy. a&m is nothing but a place holder and a wannabe program, especially in the SEC. No one outside of B/CS takes them seriously. To hear them tell it, they made and/or make the SEC. They're lucky that they're even in that conference. SMDH at aggy.

Wow. The guy that started the thread is a stereotypical delusional aggy. a&m is nothing but a place holder and a wannabe program, especially in the SEC. No one outside of B/CS takes them seriously. To hear them tell it, they made and/or make the SEC. They're lucky that they're even in that conference. SMDH at aggy.
Aggy got used like a douche.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Apperently the AAC has made it known they want some of the left over big 12 schools. I think it’s still possible the entire conference falls apart and everyone goes their separate ways as soon as next year. There doesn’t even seem to be a peep about saving it really

Apperently the AAC has made it known they want some of the left over big 12 schools. I think it’s still possible the entire conference falls apart and everyone goes their separate ways as soon as next year. There doesn’t even seem to be a peep about saving it really
Where does Jayhawk go?

Would it not be great if aggy left SEC because of this. They along with Nebraska, Baylor, TCU and TT can form a nice conference and have shrink seasions to help them heal from the inevitable anguish of being under Texas' shadow

• Haha
So does jayhawk basketball go independent? Like Notre Dame football? I just don't see jayhawk basketball going to the AAC.
That’s the only reason I think they might get in to the big 10. While basketball doesn’t drive these moves the big 10 is a strong Bball conference I could see the big 10 taking them just to get their basketball program.

... I'm really looking forward to seeing UT renew their rivalry with the Aggies. The contempt by most of the UT fan base for A&M is so pure man. lol Its awesome. It's fun to watch your two teams play.

Sooner fan here. While I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to this whole SEC thing, the story has paid one big dividend already. Watching the Aggie weeping and gnashing of teeth is priceless. I agree with your comment above.

That’s the only reason I think they might get in to the big 10. While basketball doesn’t drive these moves the big 10 is a strong Bball conference I could see the big 10 taking them just to get their basketball program.
Kansas is a basketball school. They will go where basketball revenue dictates. And for this reason only. It's only a matter of time before school's sports split into multiple conferences for the sake of revenue. Football just opened that door. Imo.

Where does Jayhawk go?
Kansas, like the Horns (and cow college) is a member of the AAU.
Since the big 10 seemingly places a premium on academics, I would think their basketball pedigree alone would get them an invite.
I guess an added benefit for the teams that play them in football each year would be the guaranteed win.

Kansas is a basketball school. They will go where basketball revenue dictates. And for this reason only. It's only a matter of time before school's sports split into multiple conferences for the sake of revenue. Football just opened that door. Imo.
Yeah I’ve thought about the multiple conferences for sports, and there is some precedent for that already. Not sure how it would work with tv contracts though as the contracts usually apply to all sports even though football is the main driving force.

Hey oldhorn2, hope you've been well lately.

The consensus around here is that a move to the SEC won't necessarily help OU recruiting on the offensive side of the ball, but it will be a big boost to our defensive recruiting.

We think Grinch the real deal, and are terrified we'll lose him in a year or two. We think if we stay in the big XII, it will be back to winning games 48-45 after he leaves, and so some guys say a move to the SEC is necessary to ensure our defensive recovery. I'm not sure about that last part, but I have to admit it seems pretty logical.

I also agree with you this is bad news for A&M, but I'm really looking forward to seeing UT renew their rivalry with the Aggies. The contempt by most of the UT fan base for A&M is so pure man. lol Its awesome. It's fun to watch your two teams play.
Brother, the move to the sec opens doors on both sides of the ball. The southeast is saturated with offensive playmakers. Riley's proven, now we need Grinch to prove himself. I like OUr direction.

Kansas, like the Horns (and cow college) is a member of the AAU.
Since the big 10 seemingly places a premium on academics, I would think their basketball pedigree alone would get them an invite.
I guess an added benefit for the teams that play them in football each year would be the guaranteed win.
Kansas basketball and academics? Jayhawk basketball is nothing more than a preparatory club. 😂

According to KTCK The Ticket in Dallas - these talks have been going on for 6 months, and an announcement will come as early as next week. One school from the SEC was not included in these meetings. Delicious.
Someone checked flightaware logs for the plane involved in the Sark hire it has been all over SEC country starting around 12 months ago. With multiple stops in Hoover, Al(SEC HQ)

ADVERTISEMENT