ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and OU to the SEC?

It only takes four votes to dissolve the Big 12. There is a possibility to be playing in the SEC in 2022.
Yeah I suspect everyone is going to find a way to get this done sooner given how fast this thing is moving. Whatever happens with the big 12 I can’t see Texas being involved past 2022

Oklahoma legislature tied the two state schools at the hip forever. This isn't happening unless the Oklahoma congress changes that.

And btw-- the majority of law makers here in Texas have ties to Baylor. Texas is a state school subject to state legislation. And Baylor law makers aren't going to let their school get the short end of the stick.
I was wondering about the legal aspects of a move like this. The bribes will be enormous.

I wonder if the ACC/big 10 get involved if the SEC starts to balk at the deal. I would if I were their leadership
The fans in ACC country wouldn't like it. Too far to go for road games. The ACC would want to add West Virginia first, then Cincy would politic to join again. But we've always wanted to steal Penn State from the big, pipe dream there of course. The ACC would also need to secure Notra Dama in football. Texas and Okla just don't make sense for the ACC, but when a dollar is involved, all that goes out the window.

The fans in ACC country wouldn't like it. Too far to go for road games. The ACC would want to add West Virginia first, then Cincy would politic to join again. But we've always wanted to steal Penn State from the big, pipe dream there of course. The ACC would also need to secure Notra Dama in football. Texas and Okla just don't make sense for the ACC, but when a dollar is involved, all that goes out the window.
Yeah I think we learned from the first round of realignment a decade a so ago that geographic location isn’t the driving force behind these moves lol.

Yeah I suspect everyone is going to find a way to get this done sooner given how fast this thing is moving. Whatever happens with the big 12 I can’t see Texas being involved past 2022
No matter what happens, I REALLY hope we don't accept the 1.5x revenue share even if UT decides to stay in b12. You wanna talk about bad pr....

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
No matter what happens, I REALLY hope we don't accept the 1.5x revenue share even if UT decides to stay in b12. You wanna talk about bad pr....
Yeah I don’t think we will. I don’t think Texas and OU are leaving just because of money. I think there is more to it.

Oklahoma legislature tied the two state schools at the hip forever. This isn't happening unless the Oklahoma congress changes that.

And btw-- the majority of law makers here in Texas have ties to Baylor. Texas is a state school subject to state legislation. And Baylor law makers aren't going to let their school get the short end of the stick.
Oklahoma reporters say the David Boren was who was protecting OSU not the government as a whole.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
What about the Long Horn Network? How would that pan out considering the SEC has its own network? UT generates 15 mil a year on the LHN.

Y’all are still discussing this in terms of traditional TV markets but only 10% of adults under 35 have a cable/satellite provider. Most have internet. We’re heading to the internet distributed subscription model. For subscription services content is king and OU and Texas bring a lot of content.

Last edited:
Y’all are still discussing this in terms of traditional TV markets but only 10% of adults under 35 have a cable/satellite provider. Most have internet. We’re heading to the internet distributed subscription model. For subscription services content is king and OU and Texas bring a lot of content.
True. Add in the NIL agreements and it will be raining cash in the SEC.

Once all these super conferences are established, what is the purpose of the NCAA?
The NCAA was basically ended with the Supreme Court ruling. Just a matter of time. Reading Justice Kavanaugh’s opinion suggest that if challenged the entire model of the NCAA could be declared illegal

If we do however, join the SEC SEC, I will make this solemn pledge to our future conference mates: I will always root against each and everyone of you on a weekly basis, I will never piggyback a win that any of my SEC SEC conference mates may get and act like my team got the win too, including bowl games and NC’s. It’s every team for themselves, none of that rah rah SEC SEC bullshit for me.
times have changed....this is exactly the correct attitude to take and I am 100% in agreement.....

But it was not always that way.Back in the 60's and 70's the route to a Natty was in many ways a popularity contest. The National champ was decided by the AP and the UPI....period.You only became champ if you were voted that way.

Therefore to get that top 10 rating which could work up to a # 1 rank at the end, you had to beat good teams. To that end I rooted HARD for OU to win EVERY game but the RRS. It was necessary. aTm was a non factor on the National stage so I could root for them to lose any time.

and while I am at it....F*ck Joe Paterno and Penn State who also went undefeated in 69 and had to watch Texas get the crown....the reason?....The Cotton Bowl TRIED to get Penn State to play the SWC champ(Texas), but they ran scared to the Orange Bowl instead....their excuse?...They said they did not think Texas would beat Arkansas!
So what? When Texas played Arkansas Arky was rated # 1 and Texas # 2....whoever won would be the # 1 team. Joe Pa was a pussy!

Reactions: Belldozer1
Aggy is smarting for sure. Let me start by saying I don't care if we go secsec or not. But married into a bunch of ags, and they're not angry-- they're livid. I giggled all during lunch while they whined. It's like one of those relationships that we all know about where one side is waaaaaaay more smitten than the other. The smitten side bitches about the girl that she used to be best friends with, that by the way is much hotter and less crazy, and probably was the one the less smitten one wanted all along. Then the guy finally gets his shot at the smoke show former friend, and boy is that realization by the crazy smitten chick a hard one.

I’m not we see the same way here, but these two sides never will.
For 10 years we have hear from Texas fans led by you about how overrated the SEC is. Texas A&M has what you want and are now chasing. For years we have said what a dumpster fire the Big 12 was and has been sliding ever since we left. It was A&M fighting for a playoff spot last year while Texas was struggling in a washed down league. Now Texas wants to follow what A&M did because they saw the money and figured out the SEC has what they want.
as a Texas fan I would be pumped. I’ve sat here and said Texas has needed to go elsewhere for years and you guys have said things are just fine. Well, they weren’t. A&M is doing alright on its own. They have built something that you guys are now chasing. Yes we haven’t won a conference championship here. Who has with Alabama playing. You were swept by LSU and you will see sooner than later what it means to play someone each weak who has the talent you do. Texas has struggled against far lesser talent. You don’t have just one big game now. You have 6-7 and then a couple more that can bite you in the ass.
The road trips are amazing. Each week is a hell of a lot of fun. The A&M and Texas game will be electric again. You guys should be in the SEC. you will love it and you will do well once you get the players that fit that league. You will make far more money than you ever imagined you could. You will have to make plans well in advance because football will mean something each week and not have byes against 8 other teams in the league. It should be a lot of fun and this board will liven the hell ip as well! Let’s embrace the hate once again.

Wow. Where to begin.

Nobody on here has ever suggested the SEC was anything other than the best conference in college football. However, for an A&M fan to criticize the teams in the Big 12 as inferior is rich. I mean you guys couldn't beat those schools on a regular basis either.

If were chasing you guys and the fact that you guys have built yourselves into a perennial 6th place finisher in conference standings, why are you so deadset on trying to keep us out?

Could it be the largest inferiority complex in all of sports?

Reactions: LonghornMM
Aggy is smarting for sure. Let me start by saying I don't care if we go secsec or not. But married into a bunch of ags, and they're not angry-- they're livid. I giggled all during lunch while they whined. It's like one of those relationships that we all know about where one side is waaaaaaay more smitten than the other. The smitten side bitches about the girl that she used to be best friends with, that by the way is much hotter and less crazy, and probably was the one the less smitten one wanted all along. Then the guy finally gets his shot at the smoke show former friend, and boy is that realization by the crazy smitten chick a hard one.
The funniest thing to me is they’re inadvertently admitting they’re second fiddle after insisting for decades they are equals.

Man, Texags is going to put a dent in my productivity for a little while. The continuing meltdown over there tops even the primal pain and rage of January 2006. I can't stop looking.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Should have been clearer years ago. But am an old guy and forget stuff. Obvious you hate Texas Aggies more than OU. Nice to know. And more than we hate Okie State. As much as I don't like blowing up the Big 12 for an extra $10mil or so, now almost 2/3 of the stadiums I want to see on my bucket list will be in the SEC. And can see OU play in every one.

There has been way too much backslapping between the Horns and blowU on this thread. I have had too much. Zero U sucks and will always suck. They have done a good job of riding Horn coattails here, to their advsntage, and we certainly appreciate our minions behaving when it serves our best interests.
Thank you blowU for behaving, and helping us achieve our goal, but you will always be what you are.

Edit: Bell, while I do appreciate your OFT perspective, and agree with most all of your political/SJ positions, zero u still sucks.

Last edited:
ACC fans want West Virginia. Instant rivalry games VA Tech, UVA
Their biggest rival is Pitt as well as the teams you mentioned but don't forget Boston College. They don't like each other. I respect WVA. They talk plenty of trash but have been a good partner over the last decade.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Their biggest rival is Pitt as well as the teams you mentioned but don't forget Boston College. They don't like each other. I respect WVA. They talk plenty of trash but have been a good partner over the last decade.
Yeah. They are a good program. They’ are solid in football and once they got Huggins to coach basketball you knew they were going to be good there too

Reactions: CrazyHeel
There has been way too much backslapping between the Horns and blowU on this thread. I have had too much. Zero U sucks and will always suck. They have done a good job of riding Horn coattails here, to their advsntage, and we certainly appreciate our minions behaving when it serves our best interests.
Thank you blowU for behaving, and helping us achieve our goal, but you will always be what you are.

Edit: Bell, while I do appreciate your OFT perspective, and agree with most all of your political/SJ positions, zero u still sucks.
Let's face it brother, you aint goin nowhere without us. Better yet, who's ridin who's coattails. To qoute the late great Al Davis, "Just win baby!" There's a drought in Austin, maybe one not even Sark can fix. Good luck. 😉

Last edited:
Yep, the best buddies are coming to the SEC. I didn't realize you guys were so close. Ha!

Yep, the best buddies are coming to the SEC. I didn't realize you guys were so close. Ha!
If this conference defection does indeed come to fruition, there are two winners here. OU and the secsec. You know what I'm sayin? Your program will take a step back, middle to lower end of the pack which is normal for aggy. Long insomniac nights for aggy right now huh?

If this conference defection does indeed come to fruition, there are two winners here. OU and the secsec. You know what I'm sayin? Your program will take a step back, middle to lower end of the pack which is normal for aggy. Long insomniac nights for aggy right now huh?
Good day of daydrinkin for woodrow, ey?
Horns will rule this conference, like always, within 5 years.

Good day of daydrinkin for woodrow, ey?
Horns will rule this conference, like always, within 5 years.
Every day is a good day my man. But now, back to the subject at hand, how long's it been since horn ruled a conference and better yet despite a productive season or two by horn, who has owned the b12 for the past 20 years? 😁

Reactions: Lampasas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT