ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and OU to the SEC?

Couple things about the SEC I think we are missing. Alabama isn’t going to be this version of Alabama forever. Hell if Texas and OU have to stay till 2025 Saban may not even be at Bama in 2025, and Bama before Saban and post bear Bryant wasn’t that great a program. So the landscape of the SEC by the time we even get there may not look like it does today.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
Mulkey has long standing issues with the admin at Baylor. I think that was more of a factor. I’ll tell you who probably knew though. New Texas basketball coach Chris Beard. You don’t think CDC mentioned it? And beard probably left going damn if I stay at tech the job gets a lot tougher.
FTR my post was intended to be tongue in cheek.

No we wouldn't have beaten LSU that year. Joe Burrow had an incredible season. It's been 6 months since Tom Herman was fired and I'm learning as to how poorly we've been. In 4 years we only lost 1 game by more than 10 points If we had better coaching we'd have won a lot of those games. The zebras didn't have it out for us we were guilty on those called.

And now we have a coach who's w/l % wasn't any better than Tom Herman. I'm starting to realize that Del Conte had his sights on Sarkisian for at least a month probably longer. If he turns out to be another failure were going to whipped in the SEC.
Read my post again. You’re not paying attention.

Just talked to a friend of mine who is in the media. He's telling me that in the a&m meeting that is going on right now that they are so butthurt over Texas joining the SEC and them being left out of the conversation related to them coming to the conference, that they are talking about leaving the SEC and going to the ACC. You can't make this stuff up! LMAO!

Just talked to a friend of mine who is in the media. He's telling me that in the a&m meeting that is going on right now that they are so butthurt over Texas joining the SEC and them being left out of the conversation related to them coming to the conference, that they are talking about leaving the SEC and going to the ACC. You can't make this stuff up! LMAO!
The way aggies think makes me wonder if they're normal human beings.

Read my post again. You’re not paying attention.
Well I don't understand what you're trying to say LSU controlled the game from start to finish. So explain since I obviously got it wrong. Looking back on last year maybe we would have beaten LSU but after the EoT issue Tom Herman lost his team. Speaking for me I was grateful when the season finally ended.

Goddamn, I almost forgot how utterly cringey that titty-baby fan base could be.

klj4897k2jcmnwiu.png

Start trying this sh*t, aggy. Start blackmailing and pissing off everyone in the conference where you haven't even lived for a decade.

But perhaps bear in mind that the SEC (1) has shown that they want us more than they care about you, and (2) only requires a two-thirds vote for terminating a school's membership.

688.jpg

I live in the heart and soul of sec country. Satan signed an extension through 2029….he’ll be here.
He will be 77 at the end of that deal. I wouldn’t say he won’t be the head coach at the end of that deal, but I’d bet against it.

for context Bill Snyder retired for the 2nd time at 78

Bobby Bowden was 78
Joe pa was 84
And their tenures ended fairly mediocre.
So I’d bet against Saban completing that contract if I had to put money on it today

KC, it is of course entirely possible Satan (that’s not a typo) retires before the end of that deal. However, I’ve been living the sec hell for years now. The coaches your mentioned are great in their own right but they’re no Satan. Dude is on another level. He has specifically said, ‘I cannot imagine living my life and not belong a part of team.’ I don’t think he means a team of television personalities either. After we’ve played a year in the sec, you’ll realize like everyone else, he’s not going anywhere till 2028.

And I prefer that, I want every opportunity to try and send him into retirement sooner. I’m not saying we will but we’re going to find out where we stack up. Hook’em

Well I don't understand what you're trying to say LSU controlled the game from start to finish. So explain since I obviously got it wrong. Looking back on last year maybe we would have beaten LSU but after the EoT issue Tom Herman lost his team. Speaking for me I was grateful when the season finally ended.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, in a game that LSU controlled from start to finish, he is not referencing:

1. Our 7-3 lead
2. The fact that we dominated the 3rd quarter and climb back from being down 20-7, to make the score going into the 4th 23-21.

I think he's probably referencing the fact that if we make a stop on 3rd and 17, we would have gotten the ball back down 6 with 2:30 minutes left in a game. By the way, we didn't punt in the 2nd half of that game.

KC, it is of course entirely possible Satan (that’s not a typo) retires before the end of that deal. However, I’ve been living the sec hell for years now. The coaches your mentioned are great in their own right but they’re no Satan. Dude is on another level. He has specifically said, ‘I cannot imagine living my life and not belong a part of team.’ I don’t think he means a team of television personalities either. After we’ve played a year in the sec, you’ll realize like everyone else, he’s not going anywhere till 2028.

And I prefer that, I want every opportunity to try and send him into retirement sooner. I’m not saying we will but we’re going to find out where we stack up. Hook’em
He can say that and I have no doubt that in this moment he means it. The reality is though that Father Time is undefeated, and to have the physical capabilities to coach at the level he currently coaches… that’s asking an awful lot regardless of who it is.

all I’m saying is if it’s 4 years before Texas joins the conference things could look different than they do now.

He can say that and I have no doubt that in this moment he means it. The reality is though that Father Time is undefeated, and to have the physical capabilities to coach at the level he currently coaches… that’s asking an awful lot regardless of who it is.

all I’m saying is if it’s 4 years before Texas joins the conference things could look different than they do now.

I can’t argue that. Totally within the realm of possibility.

This is exactly what Texas and OU are hoping for. The other schools start looking around and the thing just sorta falls apart. Making it easier to move soon

Reactions: delk4three

Right now we have less than a punchers chance at competing directly with alabama. The same goes for most teams though. It's hard to best a program that is stacked 3 deep at every position with 5star recruits with no end in sight.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY

This is exactly what Texas and OU are hoping for. The other schools start looking around and the thing just sorta falls apart. Making it easier to move soon
T Boon's got the pokes covered.

Shifting direction a little here but I don't buy what OKSt prez is saying about OU "following" Tx to the sec. If anything, I'd bet OU is the reason UT decided to go. They probably told our guys they had made up their minds on leaving and forced us to choose between being the only big name in a handicapped conference on life support or join them getting ahead of the mess.

Shifting direction a little here but I don't buy what OKSt prez is saying about OU "following" Tx to the sec. If anything, I'd bet OU is the reason UT decided to go. They probably told our guys they had made up their minds on leaving and forced us to choose between being the only big name in a handicapped conference on life support or join them getting ahead of the mess.
100% agree. There had been rumors about OU to the SEC off and on for a few years my guess is they brought Texas in to more than the other way around

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Right now we have less than a punchers chance at competing directly with alabama. The same goes for most teams though. It's hard to best a program that is stacked 3 deep at every position with 5star recruits with no end in sight.
You're right but if I'm Alabama or LSu or any of the other SEC teams that seem to stockpile those 4 and 5 star swamp monster Dlineman that we all covet, there's a little thing called the transfer portal that may really become an issue for Bama and others that are stacked deep. Transfer to Texas/OU, still be in the SEC and play immediately.

You're right but if I'm Alabama or LSu or any of the other SEC teams that seem to stockpile those 4 and 5 star swamp monster Dlineman that we all covet, there's a little thing called the transfer portal that may really become an issue for Bama and others that are stacked deep. Transfer to Texas/OU, still be in the SEC and play immediately.
You are right. That could become a thing… especially with Texas having a bunch of Bama coaches

Reactions: JasperNewton7
Yep. My guess is that if OU had reached out in the past the SEC told them “look if you could get another top program to come with you we’d consider it…. So OU got on the phone.
Hate to burst yer bubble brother but no. Sec wanted a powerhouse football program. They got it with OU, just today's circumstances. Now for the richest program in the country to follow? $$$$$$$$$. Sec won/won. Espn did also. Now I'm not bashin horn, talkin a little shit maybe, but your program has needed to pick it up since Mack left and the two turds that followed him. And let's face it, Sark's yet to coach a game for you guys, everyone here knows this. I was pissed at first when news broke we were makin that move to the sec because for years I hated all things sec. Why fight the inevitable though. This move, in my opinion, elevates both programs no doubt about it. OU's rollin and are already out of the gate. You guys will pick up. Hopefully soon.

ADVERTISEMENT