ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and OU to the SEC?

Who the hell is abstaining if it’s not aggy?
KC--- remember when they stole our mascot back in the 1910s and branded it 13-0.....? Well we branded over it the word BEVO to cover it up. Hence, our mascot was called BEVO after that.

There are 14 teams that have to vote in SEC..... if one team (in college station) abstains from the vote, the count would be 13-0....... so it's a way for them to slight Texas by reminding us about the mascot incident.

KC--- remember when they stole our mascot back in the 1910s and branded it 13-0.....? Well we branded over it the word BEVO to cover it up. Hence, our mascot was called BEVO after that.

There are 14 teams that have to vote in SEC..... if one team (in college station) abstains from the vote, the count would be 13-0....... so it's a way for them to slight Texas by reminding us about the mascot incident.

I actually did not know that… makes sense however petty lol

ESPN oughta terminate the big 12 contract in response. Not sure what he’s doing
He has to fire all the shots in his gun. Unfortunately, its a bb gun and he was asleep when the looting took place. As a Baylor guy --- I am still stunned that this A** wipe pulls down $3.3 million a year. And in return, we got (a) One True Champion ad campaign while naming two champions, and (b) a commissioner who was "blindsided" when the two biggest schools in the conference announced they were leaving. How could he be caught offguard by this? How is he not talking to them daily/hourly? And somehow, he still has a job and will be tasked with salvaging what is left - good luck with that.

So as I understand it, after the last conference realignment, the Big 12 rammed a clause down everyone's throat that said if even 1 school remained, the conference could sue all parties involved.

Which means if the other schools had landing spots, the B12 would be less likely to trigger the clause correct?

So the Big 12 ran off Texas and OU, then goes after ESPN thinking they're trying to pressure other conferences to take the remaining schools?

Seems like that would be more beneficial to them (the other schools) rather than to sit tight and wait for lawsuit money to roll in.

Or are the other schools financially unable to leave due to buyouts?

As a person with no ear to the ground or inside sources on the subject it just seems counter productive for the remaining schools to allow the B12 to throw down the gauntlet. It was fun while it lasted, flee for greener pastures and get back to football.

Well daddy is coming back to the dinner table. Recruiting is about to go, Archie Manning come on down.
Sadly, recruiting has been bad. Texas has botched nil because of plonsky in Belmont and sark appears to be a below average recruiter.

Man this has all happened fast. Sec votes yes, extends official invitation and UT & OU officially accept all in thr same day. Now all eyes are on the remaining 8.

Sadly, recruiting has been bad. Texas has botched nil because of plonsky in Belmont and sark appears to be a below average recruiter.
I don’t think Sark is a bad recruiter. He’s coached too much talent for that to be the case. I think there is just a lot of negative recruiting on Texas. “They aren’t going to play the games you’ll see in the SEC or big 10”. “Yeah Sark is cool and all, but they’ll fire him in two years look what they did with the last two guys.” Start winning games and building momentum. Recruits will take notice.

My God, how is that piece-of-sh*t human still in charge of anything that matters for UT Athletics?
Idk but she is in nil compliance and is nixing all big money going to buy players. Someone needs to hang her where the hogg statue used to be.

So as I understand it, after the last conference realignment, the Big 12 rammed a clause down everyone's throat that said if even 1 school remained, the conference could sue all parties involved.

Which means if the other schools had landing spots, the B12 would be less likely to trigger the clause correct?

So the Big 12 ran off Texas and OU, then goes after ESPN thinking they're trying to pressure other conferences to take the remaining schools?

Seems like that would be more beneficial to them (the other schools) rather than to sit tight and wait for lawsuit money to roll in.

Or are the other schools financially unable to leave due to buyouts?

As a person with no ear to the ground or inside sources on the subject it just seems counter productive for the remaining schools to allow the B12 to throw down the gauntlet. It was fun while it lasted, flee for greener pastures and get back to football.
If only takes 4-6 votes to dissolve the conference then if dissolved no one is really still part of the Big 12 for there to be a member.

My God, how is that piece-of-sh*t human still in charge of anything that matters for UT Athletics?
Worse, while other schools were printing and selling team jerseys with names on numbers on them, with the athletes getting a cut, her team was telling our players if you make jerseys with your name and number on them you cannot use burnt orange as it would be trademark violation.

Texas is completely unprepared to change the mindset in the AD around protecting all revenue streams and protecting brand to use NIL as an investment in the brand.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT