ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and OU to the SEC?

Texas is completely unprepared to change the mindset in the AD around protecting all revenue streams and protecting brand to use NIL as an investment in the brand.
Nil is just what your regents, donors and admin were waitin for. The rich only gonna get richer. You buy that?

This guy is a joke and he is a Georgia fan so it tells it all
Yes, Texas and OU fans. Prepare for the unyielding assault of a new and dangerous foe to your psyche.

One you have never encountered.........

Trash talking........in football.....by fans.......

Didn't make it further than that before I turned it off because I could feel my property values dropping just having his voice coming out of my speakers.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
i find it quite laughable that the SEC recognizes Texas' academic accomplishments. The Big XII was a misfit academically for Texas. The SEC is even worse.

i find it quite laughable that the SEC recognizes Texas' academic accomplishments. The Big XII was a misfit academically for Texas. The SEC is even worse.
Well since yer so smart, maybe you and vandy can splinter and spark up a super smart conference. Level yer gridiron competition ya know? 😉

It's not actually worse. Including UT, the Big 12 has three AAU universities. With UT, five out of 16 (31.25%) SEC universities will be AAU members. Excluding UT, the average Big 12 USNWR ranking is 150. Excluding UT (but including OU), the average SEC ranking in the USNWR would be 113.

Anyway, I don't care at all. All of these schools (except maybe Vandy -- not sure), including UT, accept student-athletes with NCAA minimum scores and manage to keep them eligible with a combination of joke classes and intensive academic support programs. I was resigned to the idea that the snobbery of the UT academic side would preclude us from ever joining the SEC and would eventually land us either in the most boring division in all of the P5 (Big Ten West) or in a conference where no one cares (Pac-12). Thank God Hartzell, Eltife, and Del Conte were all here at the right time instead of Dodds/Patterson and Powers/Fenves.

The only thing a conference matters for to me is sports. No school rises or falls in academic reputation based on where its athletics programs play their games.

Last edited:
What is the AAU stuff? Though this was a football site. Who cares how many taxpayers dollars get sucked up to fund idiot prof's papers? Guess the Huskers qualified though being in the Big 10 with all their AAU buddies. How are they doing?

It's not actually worse. Including UT, the Big 12 has three AAU universities. With UT, five out of 16 (31.25%) SEC universities will be AAU members. Excluding UT, the average Big 12 USNWR ranking is 150. Excluding UT (but including OU), the average SEC ranking in the USNWR would be 113.

Anyway, I don't care at all. All of these schools (except maybe Vandy -- not sure), including UT, accept student-athletes with NCAA minimum scores and manage to keep them eligible with a combination of joke classes and intensive academic support programs. I was resigned to the idea that the snobbery of the UT academic side would preclude us from ever joining the SEC and would eventually land us either in the most boring division in all of the P5 (Big Ten West) or in a conference where no one cares (Pac-12). Thank God Hartzell, Eltife, and Del Conte were all here at the right time instead of Dodds/Patterson and Powers/Fenves.

The only thing a conference matters for to me is sports. No school rises or falls in academic reputation based on where its athletics programs play their games.
I’m with you. I never really understood why academics came in to play. These are athletic conferences. Only reason they exist. If there was no athletics there would be no conferences so who who cares ?

I’m with you. I never really understood why academics came in to play. These are athletic conferences. Only reason they exist. If there was no athletics there would be no conferences so who who cares ?
My man! Dang shame, but it's the sad truth.

What is the AAU stuff? Though this was a football site. Who cares how many taxpayers dollars get sucked up to fund idiot prof's papers? Guess the Huskers qualified though being in the Big 10 with all their AAU buddies. How are they doing?

Read the rest of the post, bro.

My man! Dang shame, but it's the sad truth.
It’s not really a shame and doesn’t really down play the importance academics at all. It’s just the reality. If schools we’re only academic institutions and there were no athletics there would be no reason to divide them up in to conferences. So determining your conference preference based on academics was, is and will remain pointless

It’s not really a shame and doesn’t really down play the importance academics at all. It’s just the reality. If schools we’re only academic institutions and there were no athletics there would be no reason to divide them up in to conferences. So determining your conference preference based on academics was, is and will remain pointless
So what are you trying to say?

Go to the 13:00 mark. The guy says he was just joking and is complimentary and excited about Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC. Even before I got to that point, I thought it was a funny tongue-in-cheek video. Thanks for posting this.

Really 2015?

So what are you trying to say?
Just saying that the handwringing we saw last realignment period(and some this time) about the academic standards of the universities in the conference you are in is stupid, and I’m glad we are seeing less of it. These conferences were formed solely for the purposes of athletics largely based(at least in the beginning) on geographic location. You don’t need a conference for academic standards, so that should never play a role in any of this.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
SEC has a no intraconference transferring unless the athlete sits out a year, correct? I wonder when this takes effect for Texas/ou.

Man I hope we run you guys off the field this year! That would be so awesome!
Well this is just foolish talk. Your boys need to decide if y’all plan to score this year first.

So I’ve been out awhile. Lost my dad and father in law, put our mother in law in sr living all in the span of two months.

I’m ready to be back and start the smack down. Football season is now upon us. Let the games begin. UT re-emerges this year with shades of 2005 & 2009. Mark it down.

ADVERTISEMENT