ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

My interpretation of today’s game was Pierce had already won the conference. Knew he was gonna have to throw a lot of innings and pitches to get to the next round. Wanted all of his guys to get some game action before the next season starts. Time for the real time. Regionals ahead next week. Will see how they look then. I’m feeling good about our chances to get to Omaha.

Reactions: TexLou
My interpretation of today’s game was Pierce had already won the conference. Knew he was gonna have to throw a lot of innings and pitches to get to the next round. Wanted all of his guys to get some game action before the next season starts. Time for the real time. Regionals ahead next week. Will see how they look then. I’m feeling good about our chances to get to Omaha.
I like your optimism....what has me concerned is the offense or should I say lack of. I’m still afraid of descent pitching and this team struggles to score runs. Hope I’m wrong!

The NCAA Division I Baseball Committee announced the 16 regional sites for the 74th annual NCAA Division I Baseball Championship.

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records are as follows:

Austin, Texas - Texas (42-15)
Columbia, South Carolina – South Carolina (33-21)
Eugene, Oregon – Oregon (37-14)
Fayetteville, Arkansas – Arkansas (46-10)
Fort Worth, Texas – TCU (39-17); through games played 5/29/2021
Gainesville, Florida – Florida (38-20)
Greenville, North Carolina – East Carolina (41-15)
Knoxville, Tennessee – Tennessee (45-16)
Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech (36-15)
Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (40-15)
Oxford, Mississippi – Ole Miss (41-19)
Ruston, Louisiana – Louisiana Tech (40-18)
South Bend, Indiana – Notre Dame (30-11)
Stanford, California – Stanford (33-14)
Starkville, Mississippi – Mississippi St. (40-15)
Tucson, Arizona – Arizona (40-15)

Reactions: westx
Well. I was almost correct. All but one Top 8 seed is from either the B12 or SEC.

This bracket is quite evident that the committee could care less about conference tournaments. Maybe TCU got the bump back up since they won but otherwise it really changed nothing for UT’s RPI and seeding. I’m ready for the regionals to start. Hoping Ivan finds his groove again. He was the key to our mid-season offensive success.

Fairfield poses a concern. I don’t care who you play to only lose 3 games all season is pretty solid performance and indicates they are at least better than everyone else they have played so far. Obvious I know but who the hell are they?

Texas paired with the winner of the Gainesville regional (Florida, Miami, So. Florida, So. Alabama). Texas hosts Supers if we win.

ADVERTISEMENT