ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

RoboCocks21

Sep 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Baseball season is among us starting this weekend here in DFW for the 2021 State Farm College Baseball Showdown. The field is stacked with ranked teams. Texas, Tech, Tcu, then you have Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Arky. All the teams are ranked all in the top 10. Should be a fun series. Schedule looks like this. Have my tickets bought already.

Saturday, February 20
Visitor. Home
11:00 a.m. Mississippi State Texas
3:00 p.m. Mississippi. TCU
7:00 p.m. Arkansas. Texas Tech

Sunday, February 21
Visitor. Home
11:00 a.m. TCU. Mississippi State
3:00 p.m. Texas Tech. Mississippi
7:00 p.m. Texas. Arkansas

Monday, February 22
Visitor. Home
11:00 a.m. Mississippi State. Texas Tech
2:30 p.m. Mississippi. Texas
6:00 p.m. Arkansas. TCU

My 13 year old loves Texas Baseball the way I do! He's 5'8" and athletic 130#

**(Proud dad moment coming)**

He works like crazy on a Travel Baseball team (plays 2b, OF and 1B) on a team that's ranked #19 in the Nation. Lot of PG and 5 tool tournaments right now. Luckily with Covid the teams come to Texas now!

He would be absolutely blown away for the opportunity to walk on. He's had 3 other 2nd cousins to play college ball but none as prestigious as Texas. We get Hitting lessons from a former UT All Big12 OF. He was on the '05 National Championship team.

I hope those players currently on the roster realize that the burnt orange is not meant for the weak or timid.

On another note. How about Trey Faltine? Dude is just nasty with his glove work.

This will be a helluva tournament! My concern is will they have it due the weather. DFW likely won't have temps above freezing until Saturday, and the roads are very icy there. Has anyone heard word on the status of things?

I hope that it goes on. Love Texas baseball!

FYI tournament now pushed back a day due to the weather in DFW. Now Sat, Sun, Mon.

Yes sir tourney did get pushed back a day due to ice still on the roads here and still below freezing here. The snow did melt and the highways look way better but there is still that chance for cobble stone ice Friday morning. Looking forward to a day of baseball with the wife and family on Saturday.

It's a horrible game very mad at the moment with them. Making the pitcher from Mississippi state look like a stud right now that is just throwing heat topping out at 96. Can't even touch him or they are just standing there looking. We had bases loaded NO OUTS and couldn't even scrap a run. The same pitcher came in and struck out the side!

Relax. It's just one game. Let's let the season play out.

The one game showed alot. They look nothing like last year team. Our stud all American did horrible with all the scouts there to see him. He only lasted 4 innings. Once the Mississippi State pitchers got in trouble they switched them out quickly. Us in the mean time used 7 pitchers. They only used 4 with their mid reliever shutting us down for the remainder of the game. Reason why they used 4 cause in the 9th Texas started hitting this pitcher as soon as that happened Mississippi State switched pitcher's and that was it.

These guys can't hit a breaking ball if their life depend on it. Down 4-0 to Arky. In 15 innings of play we have only had 3 runs! Ole Miss is up next tomorrow!

Horns now getting blown out by Ole Miss 8-1. Texas goes 0-3 for the weekend. Starting pitching last two games have been solid. No bats to go with it the last two games. Soon as relief comes that's it. Texas only scores 4 runs all weekend!

Last edited:
Just flat out embarrassing. 0-3. Scored four runs in three games. I was very optimistic with the additions of Tulowitzki and Street. This no offense thing goes back at least six years to the Garrido era. Something has to give. This is flat out ridiculous and unacceptable at Texas.

Reactions: TexLou
Just flat out embarrassing. 0-3. Scored four runs in three games. I was very optimistic with the additions of Tulowitzki and Street. This no offense thing goes back at least six years to the Garrido era. Something has to give. This is flat out ridiculous and unacceptable at Texas.

The articles had to much optimism for us. They even said this was one of Pierce most talented team.

Reactions: LonghornMM
The articles had to much optimism for us. They even said this was one of Pierce most talented team.

I agree. On paper it does look like the most talented team that Pierce has had, and in reality, it probably is. That, and the coaching staff is the best since Pierce has been at Texas. This weekend's tournament is embarrassing for the Horns and also the Big 12. The season isn't over. Hopefully everyone stays upbeat and puts out full effort to at a minimum take 3 out of 4 from BYU.

Reactions: TexLou
Horns now getting blown out by Ole Miss 8-1. Texas goes 0-3 for the weekend. Starting pitching last two games have been solid. No bats to go with it the last two games. Soon as relief comes that's it. Texas only scores 4 runs all weekend!
And gives up 20 runs..

ADVERTISEMENT