ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

Our head coach got ejected in the 3rd. Something you don't see everyday.

Our head coach got ejected in the 3rd. Something you don't see everyday.

I liked what I saw from the pitching especially the young pitcher Tanner Witt when he came in to close. Hope the hitting comes around, sometimes it takes a little time.

I liked what I saw from the pitching especially the young pitcher Tanner Witt when he came in to close. Hope the hitting comes around, sometimes it takes a little time.

We have some pitchers our guy that started against Arky was Tristan Stevens and he was lights out

Not sure if their pitching was bad or if our hitting was good. I think a little bit of both, we had way more quality at bats and not near as many strike outs. Hope it gives them some confidence.

Reactions: westx
Texas falls 5-4 final....I don't understand pierce call decision in the 9th. And pitching gave up 5 runs in one inning. Fall back below .500 3-4.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: freeper
Texas falls 5-4 final....I don't understand pierce call decision in the 9th. And pitching gave up 5 runs in one inning. Fall back below .500 3-4.

I was watching the game but I guess I didn’t notice what decision you’re talking about? Kennedy laid a bunt down and it was terrible luck that it hit him. That would have put a runner on third and first with one out and I like our chances of tying it there. Bad luck at the end. What are you referring to?

I was watching the game but I guess I didn’t notice what decision you’re talking about? Kennedy laid a bunt down and it was terrible luck that it hit him. That would have put a runner on third and first with one out and I like our chances of tying it there. Bad luck at the end. What are you referring to?

With the big gaps with no outs a runner on second and you are asking him to bunt. Let the hitter swing away and give it a shot. There was no possible way for a double play. The worst outcome is he strikes out or pops up deep enough in the outfield where Ford could of advanced to third and would of only been one out. If he swung away and got a hit in those big gaps Ford scores easily from second and its a tie ball game with no outs and the winning run on first with the top of the lineup coming up. Even the announcers were pointing out the big gaps to let him swing.

With the big gaps with no outs a runner on second and you are asking him to bunt. Let the hitter swing away and give it a shot. There was no possible way for a double play. The worst outcome is he strikes out or pops up deep enough in the outfield where Ford could of advanced to third and would of only been one out. If he swung away and got a hit in those big gaps Ford scores easily from second and its a tie ball game with no outs and the winning run on first with the top of the lineup coming up. Even the announcers were pointing out the big gaps to let him swing.

I get your point and that definitely would have worked as well, as long has he didn't strike out or pop up short, but bunting was not a bad call and 8 times out of 10 the runner advances to third there. Unlucky bounce.

I get your point and that definitely would have worked as well, as long has he didn't strike out or pop up short, but bunting was not a bad call and 8 times out of 10 the runner advances to third there. Unlucky bounce.

When he tried to swat at the ball i knew it was over then

Yeah, the no offense thing is old. Real old. I don't get how Texas' bats can be this anemic for years and years and years, while other good baseball teams light up the scoreboard with regularity.

Yeah, the no offense thing is old. Real old. I don't get how Texas' bats can be this anemic for years and years and years, while other good baseball teams light up the scoreboard with regularity.

Before Peirce came to Texas didn't his Tulane team light it up? Which brings another point Zubia was a big power hitter and was with Peirce at Tulane before transferring when Peirce took the Texas job. Now Zubia has not even hit a homerun this year besides in the park.

Before Peirce came to Texas didn't his Tulane team light it up? Which brings another point Zubia was a big power hitter and was with Peirce at Tulane before transferring when Peirce took the Texas job. Now Zubia has not even hit a homerun this year besides in the park.

I don't recall how the offenses were at Tulane and SHSU under Pierce. This no offense thing goes way back to the Augie years.

Up 7-2 in the 8th. Looks like Texas is going to get 2 out of 3. All you are looking for on the road. I think the bats will get going at some point in the season. They’ve had moments early on

Reactions: freeper
We were told it was because the fences were too deep. Moved them in and we are still having issues with offense.

We were told it was because the fences were too deep. Moved them in and we are still having issues with offense.
At home they’ve actually scored fairly well. On the road it’s bee. A struggle. You’d think that would even out as the season goes on

ADVERTISEMENT