ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

*update* Welp Texas is down 5-0 in the 6th, play was suspended in the 8th with Texas bases loaded and 2 outs score 5-3. Play will resume at 1pm tomorrow with game 3 right after at 2:30pm.

Last edited:
*update* Welp Texas is down 5-0 in the 6th, play was suspended in the 8th with Texas bases loaded and 2 outs score 5-3. Play will resume at 1pm tomorrow with game 3 right after at 2:30pm.
What do you think happened in this series? I didn’t watch any of it. Is Tech just a better team or did Texas mess up in other ways?

What do you think happened in this series? I didn’t watch any of it. Is Tech just a better team or did Texas mess up in other ways?

Well Ty didn't have his stuff and they left him way to long. I wish I had an answer on why the bats go cold when we have seen better pitching and get down early. Tech is not a better team they were over hyped as usual beginning of the season.

Well Ty didn't have his stuff and they left him way to long. I wish I had an answer on why the bats go cold when we have seen better pitching and get down early. Tech is not a better team they were over hyped as usual beginning of the season.
Hasn't TT been to the CWS the last few years? But last I saw they were in the middle of the pack. It does sound like were poised to at least tie the score. Why has it been suspended?

Hasn't TT been to the CWS the last few years? But last I saw they were in the middle of the pack. It does sound like were poised to at least tie the score. Why has it been suspended?
Yes Tech has been to the College world series of late. They are in the middle of the pack at the moment they were picked to win the conference this year with Texas sitting 3rd. Got suspended due to weather.

Welp we start game two were we left off and Silas just looks and gets K! Wtf is wrong with them! Texas loses the series I don't care if we get swept or not now!

Melendez just hit an inside the park homer. That was fun to watch. Tech 2 to Texas 1, bottom of the 2nd.

Nice little rally. Texas 4, Tech 2, top of the 3rd. Every time tech gets a player on 2nd, they do an annoying gesture.

Texas loses the series, first series lost in conference. Need to take care of the final two series to win the conference. 11-3 Texas.

Glad that we could salvage the series with the win today. That hurt in a couple of ways. Texas is going to have to sweep TCU to have a shot a winning the Big 12, and it could put into doubt Texas being a top eight seed.

Nice little rally. Texas 4, Tech 2, top of the 3rd. Every time tech gets a player on 2nd, they do an annoying gesture.
Didn't see tech's gesture,,,,,but UT always does the "two finger up, then down", when they get to second base,,,,,anybody know the scoop? thx

BIG XII

It’s still a three-way fight between the three teams Mississippi State saw, beating two, to begin the season. But TCU, the lone loss of that weekend, has edged out in front by heating up since losing a series to Texas Tech four weekends ago. Now the Frogs are three games ahead of Texas with the Horns headed to Fort Worth next weekend. The outcome won’t impact either’s hosting prospects; they both will. Tech? Mmmmmmaybe but they are losing ground fast and have to be sweating some sweepings by SEC teams trying to grab a fifth regional site. Or sixth, even.

What happens with UT and TCU will have a bearing at the end of the month on national seeding for sure. Texas was in fine shape until dropping a shortened three-game series at home this weekend to Tech. For that matter the Horns might be slipping a bit as they had a 16-win streak snapped at Okie State a week ago before hosting them Raiders. Now thanks to the schedule-makers they face brutal consecutive series with their direct contenders. Any tears from the audience out there? No? Alright, then.

TCU is just about a lock already, not for first round but a national seed too after sweeping at West Virginia. They will be a lock by taking down Texas this weekend; but even if the Horns somehow sweep the Frogs aren’t going to fall far. In fact their biggest problem, kind of, is an utterly lackluster slate to run out the regular season. UL Monroe, Texas State, Kansas State will weaken the RPI a little, just not enough to keep from clinching two guaranteed weekends in Fort Worth.

The Big XII may be even more top-heavy than the Big Ten, as the other league teams considered bid-worthy are all under .500 in conference scores. Meaning this year’s conference power ratings have the SEC way out in front, the ACC an easy second, and the proud non-XII wondering what’s going on this year with perennial good programs like Baylor, Oklahoma, and Okie State. What’s going on is any getting bids are going on the road in June.

BIG XII

It’s still a three-way fight between the three teams Mississippi State saw, beating two, to begin the season. But TCU, the lone loss of that weekend, has edged out in front by heating up since losing a series to Texas Tech four weekends ago. Now the Frogs are three games ahead of Texas with the Horns headed to Fort Worth next weekend. The outcome won’t impact either’s hosting prospects; they both will. Tech? Mmmmmmaybe but they are losing ground fast and have to be sweating some sweepings by SEC teams trying to grab a fifth regional site. Or sixth, even.

What happens with UT and TCU will have a bearing at the end of the month on national seeding for sure. Texas was in fine shape until dropping a shortened three-game series at home this weekend to Tech. For that matter the Horns might be slipping a bit as they had a 16-win streak snapped at Okie State a week ago before hosting them Raiders. Now thanks to the schedule-makers they face brutal consecutive series with their direct contenders. Any tears from the audience out there? No? Alright, then.

TCU is just about a lock already, not for first round but a national seed too after sweeping at West Virginia. They will be a lock by taking down Texas this weekend; but even if the Horns somehow sweep the Frogs aren’t going to fall far. In fact their biggest problem, kind of, is an utterly lackluster slate to run out the regular season. UL Monroe, Texas State, Kansas State will weaken the RPI a little, just not enough to keep from clinching two guaranteed weekends in Fort Worth.

The Big XII may be even more top-heavy than the Big Ten, as the other league teams considered bid-worthy are all under .500 in conference scores. Meaning this year’s conference power ratings have the SEC way out in front, the ACC an easy second, and the proud non-XII wondering what’s going on this year with perennial good programs like Baylor, Oklahoma, and Okie State. What’s going on is any getting bids are going on the road in June.
TCU is only 2 games up on Texas.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Need to sweep TCU this weekend! 🤘

A sweep would be great, but not necessary. Our only remaining conference series after this weekend is at home against WV, who has won one series in conference play (at home vs KU). TCU also has one conf. series remaining, at KSU, who is 3-2 in conf. series, including a series win over TTU. Their only series losses in conf. play are sweeps at OSU, and here in Austin. KSU is fighting for a field of 64 spot, and has a lot to play for, so they could be a challenge for TCU in Manhattan. However, that could change depending on how KSU does this weekend at BU.

A sweep would be great, but not necessary. Our only remaining conference series after this weekend is at home against WV, who has won one series in conference play (at home vs KU). TCU also has one conf. series remaining, at KSU, who is 3-2 in conf. series, including a series win over TTU. Their only series losses in conf. play are sweeps at OSU, and here in Austin. KSU is fighting for a field of 64 spot, and has a lot to play for, so they could be a challenge for TCU in Manhattan. However, that could change depending on how KSU does this weekend at BU.

I hear you, but being realistic, and considering Texas' and TCU's remaining schedules, the Horns need to sweep TCU this weekend with the Frogs having a two-game conference lead on Texas.

Incredible game tonight. Edge of my seat kinda game. And...TCU fans are douchebags. Hook’em horns.

Last night's game was a nail biter for sure. I get supporting your team, but the TCU fans were very douchey. At a minimum, Texas needs to take two out of three. Can't wait for the game today at 2PM! 🤘

ADVERTISEMENT