ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

Tough loss today, 2-1. Zubia got rung up in the top of the 9th with runners on first and second. The TCU fans are beyond obnoxious. :rolleyes:

Tristan had 1 bad pitch up, 2 runs score, game over, teams are not giving Zubia or Melendez anything to hit. Just 1 loss, take the sun game,,,all will be well.

Will be 1 game behind them in the standings with 3 to go.
We get wvu at home, they go to ksu.
This series win solidifies our hosting.

Reactions: westx
The million dollar question is will Texas be a top eight national seed when the NCAA announces the tournament field. I think that both Texas and TCU should be top eight seeds. My concern is that the NCAA committee is going to be biased towards the $EC and will give them four or six top eight seeds. No one wants to see an all $EC tournament in Omaha. :rolleyes:

The million dollar question is will Texas be a top eight national seed when the NCAA announces the tournament field. I think that both Texas and TCU should be top eight seeds. My concern is that the NCAA committee is going to be biased towards the $EC and will give them four or six top eight seeds. No one wants to see an all $EC tournament in Omaha. :rolleyes:
No way. No how. We aren't baseball royalty. We wear the crown. Finish this out and I guarantee you we host a regional.

Reactions: DHHorn
No way. No how. We aren't baseball royalty. We wear the crown. Finish this out and I guarantee you we host a regional.

Oh Texas is hosting a regional. What we should all hope for is that Texas is a top eight seed, which will guarantee them hosting super regionals if we win regionals. That's huge.

We are definitely Top 8. Might not be top 5 but I can't see how we are left out of the top 8.

We are definitely Top 8. Might not be top 5 but I can't see how we are left out of the top 8.

I'm hearing from Kendall Rogers that the Big 12 will probably only get one top eight seed, and that would be TCU currently. Texas absolutely should be a top eight national seed!

I'm hearing from Kendall Rogers that the Big 12 will probably only get one top eight seed, and that would be TCU currently. Texas absolutely should be a top eight national seed!
Yeah I don’t see how Texas wouldn’t be a top 8 seed. We’re what 20-3 over the last two months?

Barring a meltdown in the last 5 games, I don't see any way Texas isn't a top 8 seed. Even after losing the series to Tech, we were still a top 8 according to D1. The Big XII should have two top 8 seeds, assuming TCU handles their business. The Big XII has three teams in the top 10, no matter what poll you are looking at. Texas has #3 RPI, TCU has #5 RPI.

Reactions: DrinkToIt
I couldn't agree more on the subject of $EC bias. Yes, they have some good teams, but NO ONE wants to see a $EC heavy CWS. :rolleyes:
Let's not kid ourselves. Arky, Vandy, Miss st, Tennessee and Florida all have the chops to bring home the title. The Big 12 has us, tech and frog.

Well there's your 8 seeds right?

No. The NCAA will announce the regional hosts and national seeds on 5/24.

A good friend of mine with solid contacts just told me that he's hearing that Texas and Tech are locks to host regionals and that it looks like TCU will not be hosting. Word is the NCAA did not like their host bid package.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Week 12 rankings (May 10)

D1 Baseball
: 1st (1st last week)
https://d1baseball.com/top-25/d1bas...-sec-quartet-leads-the-way-uc-irvine-returns/

USA Today coaches: 1st (1st last week)
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa-baseball/polls/coaches-poll/

Baseball America: 1st (1st last week)
https://www.baseballamerica.com/rankings/college-baseball-top-25/

Perfect Game: 1st (1st last week)
https://wwwperfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=19380&src=hmrep

Collegiate Baseball: 1st (1st last week)
http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-1-poll-5-10-21/

College BB Nation: 1st (1st last week)

RPI: 1st (1st last week)
https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2021/rpi-live

No. The NCAA will announce the regional hosts and national seeds on 5/24.

A good friend of mine with solid contacts just told me that he's hearing that Texas and Tech are locks to host regionals and that it looks like TCU will not be hosting. Word is the NCAA did not like their host bid package.
I would be shocked if TCU isn't hosting. I feel like there have been a handful of times a #1 seed did not host their regional, but I don't think it has ever happened to a team who is (most likely) a top 8 seed.

Last edited:
I would be shocked if TCU isn't hosting. I feel like there have been a handful of times a #1 seed did not host their regional, but I don't think it has ever happened to a team who is most likely a top 8 seed.

I said the same thing when he told me what he's hearing. To me, TCU should be a cinch to host a regional, but according to him, it's not looking likely. We'll see...

Projected NCAA Field From D1 Baseball

Just a few weeks ago, we released our first in-season Field of 64 projections at the midseason mark. Since that point, we’ve had three projections, and there’s even more movement to report this week, with at least one change from a Top 16 hosting perspective.

In terms of the top eight national seeds, the teams are the same, but there is some jockeying for position. For instance, Texas hit the road and took a series from TCU, and jumped the Frogs in the national seed pecking order as a result. Meanwhile, Arizona, which was at No. 6 last week, dropped to No. 8 after a tough road series loss to Stanford. Both Stanford and Oregon are in our Top 16, and the two teams are just outside of the top spot in the Pac 12 behind the Wildcats. The winner of the Pac 12 regular season title — if it’s one of those three teams — will be a top-eight national seed.

In terms of the teams in the 9-16 seed range and hosts, there was just one change this week with Ole Miss dropping out after a series loss at Texas A&M, and Florida State joining the mix at No. 16 after taking a road series from Notre Dame. FSU still has somewhat of an RPI problem, but how much will the committee actually look at RPIs in the ACC? That is to be determined. Just two new teams entered the field this week — Maryland and Kentucky — with San Diego and UC Santa Barbara dropping out.

Our updated bids by conference: ACC (9), SEC (9), Pac 12 (6), Big 12 (5), Big Ten (5), Conference USA (4), American (2), Missouri Valley (2).

FIRST FIVE OUT:

Alabama, LSU, UC Santa Barbara, San Diego, Virginia

LAST FIVE IN:

Georgia, Kentucky, Tulane, Oklahoma State, Maryland

D1Baseball staff writers Kendall Rogers, Aaron Fitt and Mark Etheridge assemble the projections

D1Baseball Projected Field of 64: May 11
FAYETTEVILLETALLAHASSEE
1. Arkansas* (1)1. Florida State (16)
4. Oral Roberts*4. South Alabama*
2. Nebraska2. Charlotte
3. Oklahoma State3. Georgia
NASHVILLEPITTSBURGH
1. Vanderbilt (2)1. Pittsburgh (15)
4. Southeast Missouri State*4. Lehigh*
2. Old Dominion2. UCLA
3. Maryland3. Fairfield*
AUSTINRUSTON
1. Texas (3)1. Louisiana Tech* (14)
4. Bryant*4. New Orleans*
2. Michigan2. Ole Miss
3. Miami3. Tulane
STARKVILLEGREENVILLE
1. Mississippi State (4)1. East Carolina* (13)
4. Jackson State*4. Wofford*
2. Southern Miss2. South Carolina
3. Clemson3. NC State
FORT WORTHGAINESVILLE
1. TCU* (5)1. Florida (12)
4. Stony Brook*4. Florida A&M*
2. Oregon State2. Louisville
3. Dallas Baptist*3. USC Upstate*
KNOXVILLEEUGENE
1. Tennessee (6)1. Oregon (11)
4. VCU*4. Northeastern*
2. Georgia Tech2. Gonzaga*