ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

Division I Baseball Committee announces championship host sites​

INDIANAPOLIS — The NCAA Division I Baseball Committee today announced 20 predetermined preliminary-round sites for this year’s Division I Baseball Championship.

Due to the health and safety protocols surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, it was deemed necessary to conduct NCAA championship competition at predetermined sites. Of the 20 selected sites, the committee will choose 16 to host regional-round games. Eight of those 16 regional sites will host super regionals.

The 20 potential host site schools are as follows:

ArizonaOregon
ArkansasPittsburgh
CharlotteSouth Carolina
East CarolinaSouthern Mississippi
FloridaStanford
GonzagaTCU
Louisiana TechTennessee
Mississippi StateTexas
Notre DameTexas Tech
Ole MissVanderbilt
“Certainly, this has been a unique season, but the committee is very appreciative of all of the schools that submitted bids to host. We received a number of quality bids from schools around the country that were interested in being a part of this championship, including a few potential first-time hosts,” said Jeff Altier, chair of the committee and director of athletics at Stetson. “We are extremely excited to bring the Division I Baseball Championship back in 2021 and let the student-athletes, coaches and fans once again experience this terrific event.”

Based on recent guidance from the NCAA COVID-19 Medical Advisory Group, the NCAA will allow up to 50% fan capacity at these predetermined sites. Exact capacity percentages will vary by site, depending on state and local health mandates due to the pandemic.

The designation of predetermined sites will have no bearing on the teams selected to participate or for seeding in the 2021 Division I Baseball Championship. The championship field will consist of 30 conference automatic qualifiers and 34 at-large qualifiers.

The final 16 predetermined sites will be revealed at 8:30 p.m. Eastern time Sunday, May 30.

The bracket and pairings for the 2021 Division I Baseball Championship will be released at noon Eastern time Monday, May 31, on ESPN2.

All games of the 2021 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship will be broadcast on ESPN’s family of networks, starting with regionals June 4-7 and followed by super regionals June 11-14. The 2021 championship will culminate June 19-29/30 with the Men’s College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/...l-committee-announces-championship-host-sites

Reactions: westx
The TCU/Texas State baseball game scheduled for tomorrow night, 5/18, has already been canceled.
Yeah, deleted the post after I saw that they’re very likely going to be rained out. I’m not in Texas at the moment, so I wasn’t quite aware of the monsoon that’s setting in for the week. Legitimate cancellation, I suppose, unlike the other RPI-gaming BS they’ve been engaging in.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Rice game cancelled. Hopefully the WVU series will live on. Texas rain has been brutal all across the state.

Need to somehow play all three games to have any semi-realistic chance of winning a share of the conference championship. :confused:

We need a 3-0 sweep against WVU and for TCU to go 2-1 against KSU and Texas wins the Big 12 based on the tie breaker!

Losing to the last place team in the Big 12 is ridiculous! And I have been saying it since Day 1 in Arlington Ty is not it. Is number 2 to high for us and can't handle the pressure?

Losing to the last place team in the Big 12 is ridiculous! And I have been saying it since Day 1 in Arlington Ty is not it.

Ty giving up HR's is very concerning. My big concern is that I think Texas is probably one major arm short of being able to win it all in Omaha. We've got the bats, but the pitching is a concern from top to bottom. Arkansas is by far the best team in the country and very deserving of their #1 ranking. They are a complete team.

Ty giving up HR's is very concerning. My big concern is that I think Texas is probably one major arm short of being able to win it all in Omaha. We've got the bats, but the pitching is a concern from top to bottom. Arkansas is by far the best team in the country and very deserving of their #1 ranking. They are a complete team.

Damn, that has to hurt saying that! I hate pigs.

Damn, that has to hurt saying that! I hate pigs.

It does hurt to say that. I'm no fan of Arkansas, or for that matter any $EC team, but they're very tough. If Texas plays the Hogs in the post season, they're going to be very tough to beat.

We have as good of pitching as dang near anyone in the country and it will show come tournament time. Everyone has bad games, it happens in baseball.

We have as good of pitching as dang near anyone in the country and it will show come tournament time. Everyone has bad games, it happens in baseball.

Ty was projected a top 5 pick in pre season and a preseason all American. I saw him pitch against Mississippi State first game of the season and the Mississippi State pitcher out pitched him. It was a heavy lefty lineup and Ty couldn't manage it.

I hate to agree with you cause I hate arky, but they are tough this year and they have a chance to win it all unless Vandy number 1 and 2 can be lights out if they meet in the post season. Tech gave Arky a run for their money in Arlington that game went back and forth all night. I didn't like our showing against them or that whole weekend to be honest. Our bats and pitching will have to be lights out to beat Arky if we meet.

I hate to agree with you cause I hate arky, but they are tough this year and they have a chance to win it all unless Vandy number 1 and 2 can be lights out if they meet in the post season. Tech gave Arky a run for their money in Arlington that game went back and forth all night. I didn't like our showing against them or that whole weekend to be honest. Our bats and pitching will have to be lights out to beat Arky if we meet.

Yes, but that was a long time ago. I think that there is no doubt that Texas is a much better team now than they were in February.

Yes, but that was a long time ago. I think that there is no doubt that Texas is a much better team now than they were in February.

Feb seems like a long time ago, but for me not so much. Arky just stayed hot since Feb and has not looked back going through the meat of their conference. Tcu wins tonight 8-6 if only we would of won yesterday....it will be tough for KSU to win tomorrow.

Melendez not having a good series. It would be a good time to come through with the bases loaded right now.

ADVERTISEMENT