ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Bowl

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
So we're predicted for the Texas Bowl against LSU. What do you guys think? Me and my Aggy buddy were wanting Texas vs A&M but not sure that will happen.

sec won't allow it especially if ag coaching situation is in flux. would love to put one on farmer fran though

If the Alamo doesn't take OSU, it will be the Alamo. If they finish 7-5 at 6-3 in conference play. They're likely headed to Orlando to play an ACC team.

Texas bowl is unlikely unless they go 6-6 or decline the trip to Orlando. Texas travels.

I hear ya, but they'll likely have to decline the Alamo or Orlando to end up in Houston.

OU playoff

TCU One of three new year's 6. Cotton, Peach or Fiesta

OSU, Texas, WV, ISU, KSU all get picked up afterwards with a pecking order among bowls, not record.

Valero Alamo - OSU or Texas
Camping World - OSU or Texas and Texas would have to decline
AdvoCare V100 Texas - Texas or KSU, nobody wants ISU or WV without QB's.
AutoZone Liberty KSU or ISU or WV
Cactus - ISU or WV
Zaxby's Heart of Dallas

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotton #12
People are saying that the rivalry needs to be rekindled on a bigger stage. However, its rare if ever that Texas and A&M are really good at the same time. They need to rekindle the rivalry game whenever they can or else it wont happen until like 2030 in a nonconference home and home. Which would be good but a bowl game situation would help more because its at the end of the season where it leaves a bigger impression on incoming recruits. In all honesty the rivalry would be huge no matter where or when its played.

I don't think that OSU will go to the Alamo Bowl back to back years and I'll bet the Alamo Bowl feels the same way. I wouldn't mind the Liberty Bowl. It's a respectable bowl the seventh oldest. No one I their right mind would want to live in Memphis but it's a fun city to visit. And play South Carolina and our old dc Will Muschamp. But I'm probably the only one who feels that way.

After the big 6 bowl games are usually matched up regionally. So if we beat TT on Friday we'll probably go to Houston.

wait a minute,I was born in Memphis but I can understand your thoughts.Its a basketball town but the football team is pretty good,Graceland is an interesting place to visit if you remember ELvis,good BBQ.

Reactions: outhereincali
wait a minute,I was born in Memphis but I can understand your thoughts.Its a basketball town but the football team is pretty good,Graceland is an interesting place to visit if you remember ELvis,good BBQ.
Oh it's a basketball town for sure. My last experience in Memphis was while I was still active duty stationed in NC. Heading back from Texas on leave, I stopped in Memphis for the night. Pretty sure it was a marriot or hampton, I forget which but it wasn't a trash hotel. Wake up around 7am for the final leg and find my back glass of the tahoe busted.
All they took was my gym back with stinky pt gear, fungus infested cross trainers, and a flat basketball. 500cd case full...untouched. video camera...still there. Digital camera...still in glovebox. Les Paul guitar....moved to access gym bag.
Dumbasses must've mistaken me for D.B. Cooper or something.

Reactions: freeper
The SEC chooses the bowl games for their teams you nitwits. Texas is not afraid of you clowns, and never have been. This is just another thing you freaks get excited about because heavens knows you don't have championships to feel good about

How many times is texas gonna cower to the ags by ducking out of a bowl?

Texas has NEVER ducked aggy in anything. And they won't ever. No need to. I hope Texas never plays them again in football. We don't need them and they don't deserve to play Texas. You might want to dial back your anti-Texas BS, or you won't be here much longer.

What concerns me about Memphis is all these homicides I keep reading about. It just seems a lot worse than other cities.

But don't get me wrong i admit I'm going on what I've read in the papers. And i really would love to visit the city.

And there is this to consider. Most of our players have already been to SA or Houston. I'm all for taking them to someplace they've never been.

And like i said above I'd love to go up against our old dc Will Muschamp.

South Carolina would be a good match up. Muschamp has done a pretty good job with that program.

3 wins the year before he got there
6 wins his first year
8 this year 9 if he upsets Clemson. He has a young QB with some talent as well.

it's not so much a difference of opinion so much as a misrepresentation of fact. the only time this has happened, ag ducked out. they would rather KNOW they would get smashed by west virginia than roll the dice with POSSIBLY getting beaten by Texas. had they only realized charlie strong and shaun watson were prominently involved...

It was set up a few years ago and then aggys made a phone call to get to Music City. Their own conference mates were making fun of them.
Still pushing this nonsense 3 years later.
Texas got pimp slapped by an Arky team (one that lost to TAMU that year) and yet that doesn't stop Texas fans from continuing this false narrative.

I would welcome the matchup this year. Would be funny to win the game with an interim coach.

Germantown commissary is the legit sh!t.

Yes, we did get beat down by Arky. And if your conference commissioner wasn't such a pu$$y who was worried about losing recruiting face in the SEC's new honey pot territory (Texas), ya'll would have played us and likely beat our a$$ with Charlie at the helm. But your commissioner moved you to play wvu.

Still pushing this nonsense 3 years later.
Texas got pimp slapped by an Arky team (one that lost to TAMU that year) and yet that doesn't stop Texas fans from continuing this false narrative.

I would welcome the matchup this year. Would be funny to win the game with an interim coach.

It was and still is a fact....Aggy took the lesser pay day and bowl to steer away from playing Texas in Houston with the SEC help. The SEC picks their bowl lineup and they do a good job of it.

Would you like me to go and find your SEC mates laughing at your cowardice? Not making anything up.
sure go ahead. This was bogus from the beginning.
I have just always been amazed that after your putrid showing against 6-6 arky team that your fans still had the wherewithal to allege that anyone would be ducking you. I mean personally I would just have let that false narrative go and pretend it didn't happen. In fact TAMU performed quite well against another Big 12 and got the win.

There is actually far for credibility in Texas ducking TAMU in the 2013 Cotton Bowl. Let me guess, you've never heard of this right?

Bawhahahaha, really? What a tool.

OU was ranked #11, Texas was ranked #23...BCS era. Hence KState to the BCS Bowl game, OU to the Cotton and Texas to the Alamo. It was done per BCS pecking order back then. It expired after the '13-'14 season...

'14-'15 season on the other hand.........

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT