ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Depth Chart

MiccoMacey

Sep 21, 2002
I know we're still a month plus away from the beginning of fall camps, but just curious who you guys think will be the starters/immediate impact players for Texas.

Feel free to give any insight or gut feelings on who you think is someone people will need to watch.

Gracias.

I really look to Brandon Jones as being a difference maker in the secondary. If he or another start getting picks or making plays consistently, it will raise the level of play of the rest of the DBs. We have across the board good athletes in the defensive backfield for the 1st time in a long time, they just haven't been real factors on opposing offenses.

On offense, I have my eyes on Collin Johnson and Armanti Foreman to have great years

Definitely looking for C. Johnson to break out! I'm also looking forward to seeing how the LBs and CBs bounce back. I think Buechele will be pretty good as long as he stays healthy. I saw somewhere he won the Manning QB clinic or something like that this summer. The kid got some skill, he just needs an offense to show it off. I'm looking for Malcom Roach to really break out, as well as Hagar and McCullough. Those guys just seem to make plays, of course I have no first hand knowledge and could be completely wrong...

I really look to Brandon Jones as being a difference maker in the secondary. If he or another start getting picks or making plays consistently, it will raise the level of play of the rest of the DBs. We have across the board good athletes in the defensive backfield for the 1st time in a long time, they just haven't been real factors on opposing offenses.

On offense, I have my eyes on Collin Johnson and Armanti Foreman to have great years

I agree on Brandon Jones. The sky is the limit with him. He could have a break out year this season.

what I kept reading about Brandon Jones was that he had trouble learning the defense.Considering how confused the defense was for the last 2 years I am not surprised. Hopefully Orlando and company can give these super talented guys some clear direction.

Is it too late to change my offensive break out player to Devin Duvernay? :) I am not sure how high he's off of the ground, but, it looks pretty damn high.
DGMUAvCUIAAlUbp.jpg

As everyone on here knows that all of Bsylor's top recruits from last year bailed on them. And as we all know 4 of them came to Texas two of them being the Duvernay twins. And believe me it hurts Baylor fans to the core that those kids are in Austin. This is what i want to see from Devin Duvernay.

On October 28th we play Baylor in Waco. It's fourth and goal for. the Horns. There's only five seconds to go and Baylor is ahead 28/24. Shane Buechele goes back to pass and has to scramble. Suddenly he throws the ball and Devin Duvernay makes an incredible catch and the Horns win 30/28. Devin is only a sophomore.

And Baylor burns for the next two years

We have all these players with so much promise. It will be fun to watch which players will stand out under the new regime.

We better hope we have some good depth. We already have lost 3 starters for what could be a long time...Porter...shoulder.....Roach...turf toe...E Rod...high ankle sprain

We better hope we have some good depth. We already have lost 3 starters for what could be a long time...Porter...shoulder.....Roach...turf toe...E Rod...high ankle sprain
Roach is the big one out of that group. Not taking away from Rodriguez because he is coming on according to reports..but Roach is a stud. Turf toe can last a LOOONNNGGG time sometimes. I hope it is a mild sprain.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
This is what i want to see from Devin Duvernay.

On October 28th we play Baylor in Waco. It's fourth and goal for. the Horns. There's only five seconds to go and Baylor is ahead 28/24. Shane Buechele goes back to pass and has to scramble. Suddenly he throws the ball and Devin Duvernay makes an incredible catch and the Horns win 30/28. Devin is only a sophomore.

Hmmm. I want to see something very, very different.

I want to see Devin Duvernay relaxed and chillin' on the bench at the start of the fourth quarter because the Horns have already dropped 63 on Baylor and only given up somewhere between 0 and 7. Then I want to see Herman let the backups put up another couple of TDs in the fourth, because F*ck You, Baylor.

I want to see Devin Duvernay relaxed and chillin' on the bench at the start of the fourth quarter because the Horns have already dropped 63 on Baylor and only given up somewhere between 0 and 7. Then I want to see Herman let the backups put up another couple of TDs in the fourth, because F*ck You, Baylor.
That is what I am talking about....

Reactions: oldhorn2
Malik Jefferson. He was the most heralded recruit in the Charlie Strong era. We have a dc who by all accounts is a top notch coach. We will get to see what kind of player Malik really is.

Roach is the big one out of that group. Not taking away from Rodriguez because he is coming on according to reports..but Roach is a stud. Turf toe can last a LOOONNNGGG time sometimes. I hope it is a mild sprain.
They'll cut it off if you ask them to...... it's just a pinky toe.

Usually it's a pinky toe. It can be a big toe, but more often than not, at least in my experience, it's been the pinky.

Usually it's a pinky toe. It can be a big toe, but more often than not, at least in my experience, it's been the pinky.
For me it has been the big toe most affected. It rolls under your foot and is very painful. I have had a minor one and I saw one on a guy that was so swollen you could not tell it was a toe.

I read somewhere that they called it a first degree sprain for Roach's toe or something like that. First degree being the least serious and third degree being the worst. I guess that's good news.

Reactions: westx and oldhorn2
Roach has potential to be the best player on the D. Guy looks like a man-child at times. Was really thinking with some experience, he'll be a real stud. We haven't had one on the DLine since Brown graduated. Ridge was pretty good, but not as dominant as Brown.

Reactions: westx
Roach has potential to be the best player on the D. Guy looks like a man-child at times. Was really thinking with some experience, he'll be a real stud. We haven't had one on the DLine since Brown graduated. Ridge was pretty good, but not as dominant as Brown.
What is happening, anyway, with Ridgeway? He left a year early much to our dismay.

Reactions: HornsRuleU

Pure poetry. I applaud you sir.

Baylor is so far in your head!

Exactly. I want to go back to the way it used to be. Back when I'm in Reliant Stadium during the 2005 Big 12 Championship, standing in line for a pretzel in the 3rd quarter and miss the Longhorns scoring 21 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT