ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Fall Camp Part Deux

westx

Dec 6, 2009
Part 1 was a good thread, but went in the wrong direction, I guess. Anyway, I wanted to reply to Buckbomb’s Banks twitter video. May be the secret sauce to get our senior DL to man up is to humiliate them with freshman OL schooling them.

Let’s keep this thread alive. There were a lot of good fall camp updates

Update from IT on the QB's from today's scrimmage:

Card ran the ones: 2 TDs, 1 pick six made a decent play with his legs or two.
Ewers with the 2's: 1 TD, 2 INT, took 2-3 sacks.
Charles Wright took 3rd string snaps: 1 TD 1 INT.
Long balls: Card hit Whittington on one which Whittington dropped. Ewers threw the best one to Casey Cain.

OB update on scrimmage. Take for what it's worth:
  • Supposedly a mild sprain for RoJo
  • Neyor “should be fine”
  • Nothing new on Angilau
  • Their source said Card had the better day today
Thank you and thank freaking god

I still think Card can be a good QB and from the sounds of it he’s performing a little better in practices and now the scrimmage today. Ewers struggling to learn the playbook might be a factor as well. I bet Sark names the starter in the next week.

I still think Card can be a good QB and from the sounds of it he’s performing a little better in practices and now the scrimmage today. Ewers struggling to learn the playbook might be a factor as well. I bet Sark names the starter in the next week.
My bet is he will name it after 2nd scrimmage

Reactions: Hoookem722
Cain and Sorrell. You know those New Orleans boys weren't highly rated. Some of our recruiting services didn't think much of them at all.

But it looks like there going to prove everyone wrong and has anyone noticed they both wear #88?

Any notes on who has the edge at kicker?

And how's Isaac Pearson doing as our new punter?

For all of his weakness's at cb D'shawn Jamison could punch his NFL ticket with a great season at special teams. Running back kicks or punts the kid had taken it to the house.

And I guess St Louis will be the new long snapper. I mean hell they gave him a scholarship why would they play somebody else.

And how can you doubt the talent of someone who has a city named after him?

Last edited:
Jamison is being replaced on special teams by Savion Red. Why? Because for every great return, there 20 stupid decisions he makes.

Reactions: hookem777
Clob had another scrimmage he had to be at. Family related.

I'll bet he names it before the 1st game starts.
Sark already said he wants to do it earlier than last season..so i think it will be well before the season opener. Right now it sounds like you have two options...dumb it down for Ewers, or start Card.

Also god please can we stay healthy, Rojo and Neyor are special players. We need them.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Part 1 was a good thread, but went in the wrong direction, I guess. Anyway, I wanted to reply to Buckbomb’s Banks twitter video. May be the secret sauce to get our senior DL to man up is to humiliate them with freshman OL schooling them.

Let’s keep this thread alive. There were a lot of good fall camp updates
What direction did it go?

Did someone run in here with their schlong out waving it around?

Update from IT on the QB's from today's scrimmage:

Card ran the ones: 2 TDs, 1 pick six made a decent play with his legs or two.
Ewers with the 2's: 1 TD, 2 INT, took 2-3 sacks.
Charles Wright took 3rd string snaps: 1 TD 1 INT.
Long balls: Card hit Whittington on one which Whittington dropped. Ewers threw the best one to Casey Cain.
Interesting. After all the praise I heard about Maalik Murphy, he doesn't even get 3rd string snaps? Makes me think he might have intentions to hit the portal and informed Sark. Unfortunately, I think that would be a smart move for him as well.

Word is Sark was ripping into the QB room. Says neither guys are acting like they want the job.

Hoping for Neyor news ( non contact info and wasn't in a boot) and Rojo (was in a boot and carted off the field) updates.

Interesting. After all the praise I heard about Maalik Murphy, he doesn't even get 3rd string snaps? Makes me think he might have intentions to hit the portal and informed Sark. Unfortunately, I think that would be a smart move for him as well.
Probably doesn’t know the playbook well enough at this point is my guess. Missed most of spring with an injury.

Injury updates from IT:

Injury updates:
  • Roschon and Neyor still awaiting test results. RoJo will miss some time, but hopefully not much. Neyor likely came out just as a precaution, but still need to see what the tests say.
  • Angilau in a boot and on crutches.
  • Alfred Collins out 4-6 weeks.
  • Jahdae Barron in a boot but its precautionary.

Special Teams Update:
  • Pearson was the only one that practiced punting, so expect him to be the starter there barring anything major.
  • Auburn was believed to have been barely ahead in the kicking competition, but after yesterday, it seems as if Stone made up ground + Auburn slipped up a little.

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT