ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Fall Camp Part Deux

How has Overshown done in workouts? Can he take his game to the next level? He's the one player on the defense we can trust.

That's not quite right. Most of their OL is returning. I think they have Ika, their DT that should be All Big 12 and they got a transfer from Tulsa, Jaxon Player, another DT that is very good. They have a very good LB coming back also so it's not like their cupboard is bare.
Their coaches are suggesting that their defense can be as good as last year. I'll be watching as to who will replace Thornton, Smith, and Ebner.

No he’s not. It’s only year 2. If he starts Card and he doesn’t perform up to standards then he brings Ewers in a little bit later and then maybe by that point he’s got the offense down a little better. He didn’t wait long last year to make the move. He’s been there in every practice in spring and now fall camp. He knows who is more prepared at this point. If he thinks as of right now Card is the better option then so be it. It’s not the end all be all. You just give him a short leash.
I'm still not sold Sark throws Ewers to the Bama wolves. I would not be surprised to see Card and Ewers play the first game, then Card start the Bama game. A Defense like Bama could really screw up a guy with basically no experience imo even though he has more upside.

On a sidenote - someone's awfully quick with the trigger finger tonight lol. There was an excellent post by @outhereincali in this very thread that I was considering responding to, just to be nice and then it just disappeared like a fart in the wind

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoookem722
Non-Texas fans, this is about Texas' fall camp. If you want to discuss your team's fall camp, please feel free to do it on that team's forum. Please, let's keep this thread on Texas.
Ok MM. You the boss. Two OU guys on the board now. Maybe a few more later. And one asks me about OU practices. So I answered. And you offended?

How has Overshown done in workouts? Can he take his game to the next level? He's the one player on the defense we can trust.
Ketch and the crew were very optimistic in him being let loose on the edges. I think it may be Patterson’s influence. For once, I am excited to see Overshown because it is more suited to his skills

Whispers among the insiders at 247 and IT are saying Card is the guy. This is based on their sources but from what I've seen from their past reporting they're right only about 50% of the time. So take it for what it's worth. My preference is Ewers.

Honestly, I don't think it really matters which one starts. They both stink. The only hope is Sark will draw up a good game plan and make it easy on them. We know they can't adlib very well. Give them a one or two read play and maybe they will get the ball out before O line lets them get killed.

both made mistakes, one had more natural talent. Ewers a 18 year old first time in system, tied with 2nd year man..yeah you start Ewers..have growing pains like you will with your o-line who will be starting 3 freshman. And again, MONEY RUNS ALL...lots of money spent on Ewers..if Sark is wrong , he's gone.
I bet you an Arch Manning he's not gone.

Reactions: DHHorn
Maybe Card being named the starter is the fire Quinn needs lit under his ass.

But also, I think it says something that Hudson stuck around even knowing Quinn was coming in and competed his ass off and is going to win the job. That's worth something to me. Most kids would have transferred out at the first sign of adversity. I'm rooting for both guys. I just want to win football games either way.

40AcresLandLord (@40AcresLandLord) Tweeted: Sark hasn’t made a decision yet officially. Cool, if you take a deep dive into the 2021/2022 Top 5 QB’s there are 10 5⭐️’s. Out of those 10 5⭐️’s only 1 will be outright starting Week 1 which Is Williams. CW didn’t start until game 5 of his FR Yr. CHILL people LET Sark do his JOB

40AcresLandLord (@40AcresLandLord) Tweeted: Sark hasn’t made a decision yet officially. Cool, if you take a deep dive into the 2021/2022 Top 5 QB’s there are 10 5⭐️’s. Out of those 10 5⭐️’s only 1 will be outright starting Week 1 which Is Williams. CW didn’t start until game 5 of his FR Yr. CHILL people LET Sark do his JOB
His job was to improve from a 5-7 record, and finding a QB to help with that was at the top of the list. I hope the O Line and defense improve.

Reactions: hookem777
His job was to improve from a 5-7 record, and finding a QB to help with that was at the top of the list. I hope the O Line and defense improve.
Are we 5-7 again already? Do you know if QB play has or has not improved? You've seen one open practice and listened to a bunch of reporters say "im hearing"
Drink a glass of warm milk will ya.

We all intjin
Are we 5-7 again already? Do you know if QB play has or has not improved? You've seen one open practice and listened to a bunch of reporters say "im hearing"
Drink a glass of warm milk will ya

Drink a glass of warm milk will ya.
I think we all hope you're correct sir. Nobody hear wishing for bad ..but as fans we have the right to be nervous about how this fall camp has worked out..I hope for the best . Really. And hope you're correct.

Reactions: Buck Bomb
We all intjin

I think we all hope you're correct sir. Nobody hear wishing for bad ..but as fans we have the right to be nervous about how this fall camp has worked out..I hope for the best . Really. And hope you're correct.
I am just as nervous, trust me. Trying to stay positive is all. :)

Reactions: hookem777
I am just as nervous, trust me. Trying to stay positive is all. :)
Lol same man. Trying...I'll be there opening night..if it's card I hope he throws for 6 tds. All I'm saying is if he struggles..the fans will let him hear it. They want Ewers.

Regardless...like I say every year around this time..I'm ready to be hurt again. 🤘

ADVERTISEMENT