ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Fall Camp Part Deux

The Ewers news is legit...It's now coming straight from John Bianco, the school’s sports information director, right after player media availability. Vogel is just one of guys who reported what they heard right then and there.

Reactions: hookem777
Any chance you think some donors called Sark after hearing the rumors of card starting ?
I highly doubt it. Sark has been running a pretty tight ship all of fall camp. None of these reporters have been inside the locker room or at practices much because it's been closed down to the media for the most part. I honestly think this it was a guess with the information they had collected.

Reactions: hookem777
I highly doubt it. Sark has been running a pretty tight ship all of fall camp. None of these reporters have been inside the locker room or at practices much because it's been closed down to the media for the most part. I honestly think this it was a guess with the information they had collected.
Ya you right , you right.

Any chance you think some donors called Sark after hearing the rumors of card starting ?
It depends. Now if he's sporting that Bosworth hairdo with highlights then yeah, I think the hair highlighter booster called Sark upset his product won't be getting promoted if his product is riding pine. In all seriousness, in this day and age, it's possible that Sark thinks Ewers is the future for a couple of years even if he's not totally ready yet but doesn't want him to possibly get mad and possibly transfer. Not sure Card would transfer out unless to somewhere like SMU or something but if he's getting paid NIL money maybe not.

Last edited:
It depends. Now if he's sporting that Bozworth hairdo with highlights then yeah, I think the hair highlighter booster called Sark upset his product won't be getting promoted if his product is riding pine. In all seriousness, in this day and age, it's possible that Sark thinks Ewers is the future for a couple of years even if he's not totally ready yet but doesn't want him to possibly get mad and possibly transfer. Not sure Card would transfer out unless to somewhere like SMU or something but if he's getting paid NIL money maybe not.
Card will transfer after this year is my guess. He’ll still have 2 years of eligibility left. I think he’ll be really good somewhere else. He’s still fairly new to the position.

Card will transfer after this year is my guess. He’ll still have 2 years of eligibility left. I think he’ll be really good somewhere else. He’s still fairly new to the position.
He’s scheduled to graduate this academic year too so he may wait until the Spring to enter the portal. I won’t be surprised if he stays through Spring ball.

Reactions: Hoookem722
So do Card and Malik transfer? To me, outside of Bama, and even then I'm not sure theycan realistcally retain the qb's they have, each Top 10-15 team will have a high 4 or 5 star qb and then 3 star backups due to transfer portal and NIL. Teams might be able to keep another 4 star freshman around for a year if they aren't starting but seems like those days are going away

So do Card and Malik transfer? To me, outside of Bama, and even then I'm not sure theycan realistcally retain the qb's they have, each Top 10-15 team will have a high 4 or 5 star qb and then 3 star backups due to transfer portal and NIL. Teams might be able to keep another 4 star freshman around for a year if they aren't starting but seems like those days are going away
I don’t think Malik transfers after this year. Next year is a redshirt year for Manning. That puts Malik as the backup. Anything happens to Ewers and he might have a chance to prove himself. I think in 2024 it will be a Murphy and Manning battle for the starting job. I could be completely wrong but that’s just my thoughts.

I don’t think Malik will run away from a little competition. I think he would have went somewhere else if that was the case after Ewers committed here.

Report coming out of today’s scrimmage that either Banks or Williams limped off the field with a lower body injury. Hopefully only minor.
For fvck sake. :mad:

Rising sure wound up in a good sort. Will find out soon if Rattler and C. Williams did.

Rising sure wound up in a good sort. Will find out soon if Rattler and C. Williams did.
How did OK lose Stogner?

Can Jeff Lebby be as good as Lincoln Riley? That's a tall order.

Clayton Smith was just as highly rated as Williams. Can he raise his game?

Good questions. Stogner wanted to play with Rattler I guess. Good TE. Lebby very good. See Ole Miss number the last couple of years. Reason why Dillon G. will be the QB. Shows how far behind I am. Not even sure who Clayton Smith is. Not one of the top 4 OU QBs. Arnold being recruited for next year. Defense looking good.

How did OK lose Stogner?

Can Jeff Lebby be as good as Lincoln Riley? That's a tall order.

Clayton Smith was just as highly rated as Williams. Can he raise his game?
Checked him him out Cali. Linebacker stud. Not sure where he is in the depth chart. Focus on has been on DL with Redmond coming back, Downs, etc. And the DBs. Which look pretty good. Will get the depth chart in a few days and let you know.

Any clips or writeups on the scrimmage would be appreciated. Most everything is behind pay walls so far.
IT:

• Banks and Williams went down. Williams went back in, but Banks was kept out for precautionary reasons. Would’ve gone back in if it was a real game.
  • Defense did a solid job. Offense is still trying to get used to playing without RoJo, Neyor, and Angilau.
  • Quinn made great throws to Worthy and Cain. Cain is reliable and can make congested catches. Gerry: “Marcus Washington with good hands”
  • There were two pick 6s on the day. They’re not sure who threw the one to Crawford.
  • Gbenda had a good day.
  • Overshown didn’t play much but they don’t think he’s hurt.
  • Collins is already back and playing.
IT Update: Pick 6 to Kitan Crawford was from Quinn. The receiver fell down and it was not a receiver you’d expect to be getting playing time with the 1s.

IT:

• Banks and Williams went down. Williams went back in, but Banks was kept out for precautionary reasons. Would’ve gone back in if it was a real game.
  • Defense did a solid job. Offense is still trying to get used to playing without RoJo, Neyor, and Angilau.
  • Quinn made great throws to Worthy and Cain. Cain is reliable and can make congested catches. Gerry: “Marcus Washington with good hands”
  • There were two pick 6s on the day. They’re not sure who threw the one to Crawford.
  • Gbenda had a good day.
  • Overshown didn’t play much but they don’t think he’s hurt.
  • Collins is already back and playing.
IT Update: Pick 6 to Kitan Crawford was from Quinn. The receiver fell down and it was not a receiver you’d expect to be getting playing time with the 1s.
Thank you

ADVERTISEMENT