ADVERTISEMENT

Texas football record will be…..

MiccoMacey

Sep 21, 2002
Just wanting to get it all in writing before the season starts. 😀

Be as homeristic or unabashedly rival-ish, but remember whatever you post you have to live with as the season plays out. This is your receipt.

I’ll go first:

Sep 4: vs Louisiana W (38-31)
Sep 11: at Arkansas W (38-31)
Sep 18: vs Rice W (45-14)
Sep 25: vs Texas Tech W (42-24)
Oct 2: at TCU L (38-28)
Oct 9: N OU L (48-24)
Oct 16: vs OSU L (38-35)
Oct 30: at Baylor W (42-24)
Nov 06 at Iowa State L (45-28)
Nov 13 vs Kansas W (48-14)
Nov 20 at WVU W (42-28)
Nov 27 vs Kansas State W (31-24)

I think your toughest games are frontloaded. Louisiana this year is a very respectable team, and a tough team to start a new coaching staff and QB. Arkansas will be improved from last year as well. If I’m honest, I’m not surprised if Texas loses one of those, but I can’t bring myself to actually predict it. Add in TCU, OU. and OSU in succession and that’s a very daunting part of any schedule. The back of the schedule is a lot easier.

So I have 8-4. But I think Texas is closer to 7-5 than 9-3.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I'm 50/50 on the opener. I dont think we beat Arky--- but after seeing them play their first game, I should have a more clear view on Arky. Might change my mind.

But 7-5 seems about right.

8-4 if we get some breaks.

Be as homeristic or unabashedly rival-ish, but remember whatever you post you have to live with as the season plays out. This is your receipt.

I’ll go first:

Nov 20 at WVU W (42-28)

I think your toughest games are frontloaded. Louisiana this year is a very respectable team, and a tough team to start a new coaching staff and QB. Arkansas will be improved from last year as well. If I’m honest, I’m not surprised if Texas loses one of those, but I can’t bring myself to actually predict it. Add in TCU, OU. and OSU in succession and that’s a very daunting part of any schedule. The back of the schedule is a lot easier.

I hope I'm wrong about Sarkisian. If I'm right 7/5 or 8/4 sounds about right. And if he doesn't work out we'll get killed in the SEC.

Btw good to see you on here again Micco

Reactions: freeper
That's alot of points. They may win, but no way they score 42 on Baylor!

That's alot of points. They may win, but no way they score 42 on Baylor!
Hmmmmm…Baylor was 7th in the 10-team conference of the Big 12, and 63rd in the nation in Scoring Defense with 29 ppg last year.

I get that Aranda is a defensive coach, but we’ll see.

Post your score/rebuttal. 😀

At this point it's kind of hard to make a prediction with all new coaches and new schemes without seeing how everything fits at Texas. After a game or two we'll have a better idea, but right now no one really knows how everything will mesh together. We are breaking in a new QB and for the most part no one has seen much on the field of how things are looking. For sure the toughest games will be ULL, TCU, OU, OSU and ISU. My best guess is 9-3. I'm giving Texas losses to TCU, OU and ISU.

Hmmmmm…Baylor was 7th in the 10-team conference of the Big 12, and 63rd in the nation in Scoring Defense with 29 ppg last year.

I get that Aranda is a defensive coach, but we’ll see.

Post your score/rebuttal. 😀
41-25 UT.

8-4. There are 8 angry teams out there. KU can't do anything about it, but the others are going to make it tough on the Longhorns.

Reactions: outhereincali
41-25 UT.

8-4. There are 8 angry teams out there. KU can't do anything about it, but the others are going to make it tough on the Longhorns.
It's not the other teams that concern me. It's the B12 officials. Get ready for some outrageous calls.

There are 8 angry teams out there.
Not buying it. To all these jealous little brothers, Texas has always been their Super Bowl. What, now we’re their Universe Bowl or some shit? Nah, they can’t get any more amped up than they always have.

Reactions: WRLHookem
I understand the curbing expectations from most of you on this thread. We’ve been numbed into this way of thinking over the last decade+. Aside from questions of QB and health of WRs, which both are definitely big questions, our talent level is strong with a potentially top caliber defense. What’s the old saying, D wins championships? When’s the last time after 2009 we can even hope for such a D?

Overall, Sark has the talent to have an outstanding year - if it comes together. So I’m in the camp that says 10-2 and a spot in the CCG against OU. Regular season losses to OU (another close game) and another loss to either TCU or IS at their respective fields. Why not? We’ll soon find out.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
41-25 UT.

Kids don’t care about the B12 and using that as a motivating factor to rally up for games against OU and UT. Sure it’ll be on the bulletin board and the coaches will be asked the same questions about the split ad nauseum. But end of the day all of it is just hype and BS. Athletes want to hear the roar. They don’t care about what’s on the board.
It's not the other teams that concern me. It's the B12 officials. Get ready for some outrageous calls.
C’mon it’s just a silly argument. Refs will do their thing as always and try to call a fair game and screw up as always. It won’t have anything to do with some perceived motivation surrounding the B12 departure. Most of them will be transferred and will make more money in the SEC anyway. They will be thanking us.

41-25 UT.

You're right but it's not just a case of 8 angry teams at TX it's 8 furious teams at TX. In fb I especially worry about TCU and ISU. I bb I really worry about TT. And hey OK will have the same kind of target on their back especially when Bedlam rolls around on the last weekend.

My .02 worth

Kids don’t care about the B12 and using that as a motivating factor to rally up for games against OU and UT. Sure it’ll be on the bulletin board and the coaches will be asked the same questions about the split ad nauseum. But end of the day all of it is just hype and BS. Athletes want to hear the roar. They don’t care about what’s on the board.

C’mon it’s just a silly argument. Refs will do their thing as always and try to call a fair game and screw up as always. It won’t have anything to do with some perceived motivation surrounding the B12 departure. Most of them will be transferred and will make more money in the SEC anyway. They will be thanking us.
No we've committed those penalties on our own it wasn't the zebras having it out for us. Lets be honest.

No we've committed those penalties on our own it wasn't the zebras having it out for us. Lets be honest.
Do you remember the official that shoved himself into Charlie Strong, and the bullshit call that led up to it against Okie State? Or how about Mike Davis getting flagged for mocking “Guns up”, while nobody ever gets flagged for Horns down? Just a couple examples of obvious bias against Texas.

Reactions: westx
I’m going with 10-2. Starts off slow with loss to UL and then loss to ISU. We win Big 12 and defeat OU twice. Once in the regular season and again for the Big 12 title.

Our D will be better than expected. Our biggest question mark is with our OL.

Hook em!!!

I hope I'm wrong about Sarkisian. If I'm right 7/5 or 8/4 sounds about right. And if he doesn't work out we'll get killed in the SEC.

Btw good to see you on here again Micco
Gracias. I’ve been staying away from message boards too long. Will try and pop in here from time to time to get a feel of what the fans think of Sark et al as the season progresses.

Lets just take one game at a time!.anything can happen and it will, gotta figure in the Covid thing and heat and injuries...

So the eight teams are only angry at Texas and not OU too?
It does seem like Texas is taking the brunt of the outrage from the other schools.

I go back and forth between 8-4 and 9-3. I think I’ll make 9-3 my official prediction. Which I think will be a solid start for the new staff to build off of

Do you remember the official that shoved himself into Charlie Strong, and the bullshit call that led up to it against Okie State? Or how about Mike Davis getting flagged for mocking “Guns up”, while nobody ever gets flagged for Horns down? Just a couple examples of obvious bias against Texas.
Let me be more specific the Herman years.

I’ll go first:

Nov 20 at WVU W (42-28)

9-3. No chance at OU. I think you drop games at Arkansas and at Iowa State. TCU & Okie lite will be tough as well.

I don't get the ULA-LA love. They are well coached, have a little speed, and are tiny. If the OL is average or better, run it 60 times.

I don't want to be 9/3 anymore and I don't want Sarkisian to start that way. So many times in the last ten years have most of us thought we've turned the corner especially during the '18 season? I want to win the Big XII this year I don't want to rebuild anymore.

11-1 But it's because of our defense and running game. Loss to ou but we beat them in the big 12 title game.

Bijan Robinson finishes 3rd in Heisman . Texas gets first ever trip to playoffs......

Now that my heart pick is out...my brains says
8-4, or 9-3 losses to OU, TCU , ISU and maybe another.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I don't want to be 9/3 anymore and I don't want Sarkisian to start that way. So many times in the last ten years have most of us thought we've turned the corner especially during the '18 season? I want to win the Big XII this year I don't want to rebuild anymore.
Has yer starting qb been determined?

ADVERTISEMENT