ADVERTISEMENT

Texas football record will be…..

I changed my mind. We are going 1-11.

What in the absolute fvck is the media department doing?
[/QUOTE]

The Texas football team variety show. Embarrassing. Someone needs to be fired over this.

Hmm, you play 2 ranked teams and somehow we have cupcake schedule? Iowa St and a Texas team most say will go 8-4 as your 2nd toughest game.

BBA, we're talking about a&m's non-conference schedule. All you're doing is tap dancing around how embarrassing that it is.

Hmm, you play 2 ranked teams and somehow we have cupcake schedule? Iowa St and a Texas team most say will go 8-4 as your 2nd toughest game.
Dang almighty son, enough of the small talk. OU is gonna knock the doors down right out of the gate first season in sec. Aggy will stay middle of pack. It's yer history, you've lived with it for so long, why argue?

I will bet by the end of the year our strength of schedule will be higher than yours.
Probably so. And even with Mond gone, this should be one of the best teams you've fielded in the last 30 years. So anything less than 11 wins (including bowl game) should be a let down.

Just putting my prediction on record too.
8-4 expected but 7-5 likely.

ULL - L
Arky - W
Rice - W
Tech - W
TCU - W
OU - L
oSu - W (coin-flip game)
Baylor - W
ISU - L
KU - W
WVU - L
KSt - W

ULL opener is just bad timing for us. They return tons of experience while we are still learning new systems with a qb that's taken 0 snaps in a cfb game.
They'll hit the ground running while we're feeling out the newness. If we're gonna win this one, I think it will be done in the 2nd half once all the jitters are ironed out.

I hope I'm wrong but after a decade of disappointment Texas has not earned the benefit of doubt just because "we're Texas."
Come on boys, make me eat crow with 12-0. 😆

Lol! I don't typically see grown men pose like that

images
Wait for it…

9-3 maybe…

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
Just a foreshadowing.
Well if neither guy got better since the Spring game then we are probably screwed anyway. sark has a long track recored with QBS both as a coordinator and HC. If he thinks Card is the guy I’d be inclined to believe him

Just wanting to get it all in writing before the season starts. 😀

Be as homeristic or unabashedly rival-ish, but remember whatever you post you have to live with as the season plays out. This is your receipt.

I’ll go first:

Sep 4: vs Louisiana W (38-31)
Sep 11: at Arkansas W (38-31)
Sep 18: vs Rice W (45-14)
Sep 25: vs Texas Tech W (42-24)
Oct 2: at TCU L (38-28)
Oct 9: N OU L (48-24)
Oct 16: vs OSU L (38-35)
Oct 30: at Baylor W (42-24)
Nov 06 at Iowa State L (45-28)
Nov 13 vs Kansas W (48-14)
Nov 20 at WVU W (42-28)
Nov 27 vs Kansas State W (31-24)

I think your toughest games are frontloaded. Louisiana this year is a very respectable team, and a tough team to start a new coaching staff and QB. Arkansas will be improved from last year as well. If I’m honest, I’m not surprised if Texas loses one of those, but I can’t bring myself to actually predict it. Add in TCU, OU. and OSU in succession and that’s a very daunting part of any schedule. The back of the schedule is a lot easier.

So I have 8-4. But I think Texas is closer to 7-5 than 9-3.
I'm NOT buying into Iowa State. Keep in mind we played poorly on offense in long stretches of both of the last two games and still almost beat them. We will be better *and so will they) but unless the refs royally screw us (which is quite possible) I think we escape with a win.

Be as homeristic or unabashedly rival-ish, but remember whatever you post you have to live with as the season plays out. This is your receipt.

I’ll go first:

Nov 20 at WVU W (42-28)

I think your toughest games are frontloaded. Louisiana this year is a very respectable team, and a tough team to start a new coaching staff and QB. Arkansas will be improved from last year as well. If I’m honest, I’m not surprised if Texas loses one of those, but I can’t bring myself to actually predict it. Add in TCU, OU. and OSU in succession and that’s a very daunting part of any schedule. The back of the schedule is a lot easier.

I’m 1-1. Although I did say I thought you’d lose one of your first two games. But I didn’t pull the trigger and call it so I’m still wrong in my original prefiction.

Just bringing this forward so you can see where you are on your predictions. I had you at 4-3 right now. I think many did as well.

Point being, you’re not as down as most of you predicted on here to begin the season.

At this point it's kind of hard to make a prediction with all new coaches and new schemes without seeing how everything fits at Texas. After a game or two we'll have a better idea, but right now no one really knows how everything will mesh together. We are breaking in a new QB and for the most part no one has seen much on the field of how things are looking. For sure the toughest games will be ULL, TCU, OU, OSU and ISU. My best guess is 9-3. I'm giving Texas losses to TCU, OU and ISU.

This is not where I thought we'd be.

I’ll go first:

Nov 20 at WVU W (42-28)

Not satisfying to myself or anybody on this board - shocker!

Just bringing this forward so you can see where you are on your predictions. I had you at 4-3 right now. I think many did as well.

Point being, you’re not as down as most of you predicted on here to begin the season.
Should easily be 5-1 though and it's the way the losses have been complete second half meltdowns that has everybody upset.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Talent level is nowhere near what it needs to be to make a serious run at a Big 12 title. Plus there is the obvious turnover in staff. It's going to be turbulent and hopefully we catch a few breaks

ULL - W
Arky - L
Rice - W
Tech - W
TCU - W
OU - L
oSu - W
Baylor - W
ISU - W
KU - W
WVU - L
KSt - W

9-3 I guess. So that probably means we'll be 7-5 and win a bowl game to go 8-5

Well...I looked good up until last week.

At this point I will take 8-5 as long as that means a bowl win.

I think that Baylor beats Texas by 14+ on 10/30.
I think we beat Baylor then lose to Iowa State. Then lose either the WV or K State game. Finish 7-5 and win our bowl game to get to 8-5. Baylor's defense gave up over 400 yards to that same Ok. State offense.

ADVERTISEMENT