ADVERTISEMENT

Texas hitters

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
So I’m pretty much tired of talking about Urban.

Anyone want to talk about the best Texas hitters?

Westbrook smash!

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Westbrook is the king in this category. All others are fighting for second.

EDIT: Thank you for starting the thread with my favorite hit of all time.

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
Somebody find that Derrick Johnson hit when he has that toilet bowl seat neck brace.

Reactions: westx
This reminds me of one big hit that's always bugged me.

Love Stonie Clark, but I don't believe he's the one that stopped the OU RB on that famous play. I thought Stonie had a very lazy tackle attempt, and if Tony Brackens hadn't been there, that guy would've scored.

While Stonie's large frame blocked the view, it was Brackens that actually lowered the boom. Just my opinion of it anyway.

Clob, I'd love to know if this was brought up behind the scenes.

This reminds me of one big hit that's always bugged me.

Love Stonie Clark, but I don't believe he's the one that stopped the OU RB on that famous play. I thought Stonie had a very lazy tackle attempt, and if Tony Brackens hadn't been there, that guy would've scored.

While Stonie's large frame blocked the view, it was Brackens that actually lowered the boom. Just my opinion of it anyway.

Clob, I'd love to know if this was brought up behind the scenes.

Stonie hits him first but Bracken is there to shut it down. #40 though pushes the RB back in which sealed the deal.

Start it at 2:15

I still say Stonie's hit was more of a brush, and Tony actually hit him. They got there pretty much at the same time. Watch the replay from behind the play.

Cedric Griffin had some nice hits.

Here he is possibly saving our national championship hopes against tOSU. Not a particularly devastating hit, but an extremely important play in our history.

And then there was the brutal hit on USC's FB.

Not a hitter, not even a football player but I work with one of your ex-pitchers named Riley Boening. Find Riley and you'll find me and the pot of gold.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT