ADVERTISEMENT

Texas opens as double-digit underdog in RRS

That article also states that Hurts may be an upgrade over Murray......So that begs the question, if that is true...could Hurts become the first player to ever be awarded 2 Heismans? Asking for a friend of course.

Did I miss something? When has Jalen Hurts ever won a Heisman?
Well I was surmising that since the article implied he could be a step up from Murray and we all know Murray won the Heisman, then it’s plausible to believe that Hurts May be awarded 2 Heismans in the same year. I should have been more clear, I apologize. Murray was THAT good:)

Well I was surmising that since the article implied he could be a step up from Murray and we all know Murray won the Heisman, then it’s plausible to believe that Hurts May be awarded 2 Heismans in the same year. I should have been more clear, I apologize. Murray was THAT good:)

That good Huh?....Murray lost two games....is that the most for a heisman winning QB since Horning?

That good Huh?....Murray lost two games....is that the most for a heisman winning QB since Horning?
Besides me Oldhorn, you are generally one of the best posters on here with well thought out posts, this post, however, is not some of your best work. Unfortunately Oldhorn, Murray didn’t play defense of he would have been undefeated. Oddly enough, the NFL agrees with my premise and are fixing to put their money where their mouth is when he goes No. 1. Did you see his pro day Oldhorn? Some have called it the greatest throwing clinic they’ve ever seen.Daaang

Last edited:
Wth? Spring ball has just started and they're already setting odds? 17 point underdogs against that OK defense? If this guy had said this to me personally I'd have laughed in his face.

Wth? Spring ball has just started and they're already setting odds? 17 point underdogs against that OK defense? If this guy had said this to me personally I'd have laughed in his face.
I agree, setting odds at this point is dumb. I do believe we'll have a better defense this year. Not hard to envision that considering how bad we were last couple of years. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict at least a top 60 defense but hope like heck for top 25.

Wow looks like it’ll be safe to say I’ll be winning some easy money on that game taking my Horns. Seriously this a joke putting lines out on games that far in advance. I think it’s more like we should be 17 point favorites. Sorry but Jalen Hurts does not worry me one bit!

Reactions: LonghornMM
Wow looks like it’ll be safe to say I’ll be winning some easy money on that game taking my Horns. Seriously this a joke putting lines out on games that far in advance. I think it’s more like we should be 17 point favorites. Sorry but Jalen Hurts does not worry me one bit!
It's already working. Riley keeps dangling Hurts out as the bait and when you least expect it, he's going to unleash Grinch with a reach around giving you the Shocker, which you will enjoy btw.

Besides me Oldhorn, you are generally one of the best posters on here with well thought out posts, this post, however, is not some of your best work. Unfortunately Oldhorn, Murray didn’t play defense of he would have been undefeated. Oddly enough, the NFL agrees with my premise and are fixing to put their money where their mouth is when he goes No. 1. Did you see his pro day Oldhorn? Some have called it the greatest throwing clinic they’ve ever seen.Daaang

awww....come on Bell....that was some of my best work....I thought it was funny as hell. I managed to work in a Paul Hornig reference... For those young guys at home, he was the guy that won the Heisman after leading ND to a 2-8 record.

Also, if you will remember, I was the guy defending Murray's chances to be the # 1 pick

oh....and thanks for the compliment.

Reactions: Belldozer1
It's already working. Riley keeps dangling Hurts out as the bait and when you least expect it, he's going to unleash Grinch with a reach around giving you the Shocker, which you will enjoy btw.
Um--- you don't reach around to do the Shocker. The Shocker is in and of itself an independent move that is usually performed from the rear or from a prone position face up.

Go tell your wife she's been administering it incorrectly on you.

^^This^^.
Go to YouTube and search Steel Panther “The Shocker”. Classic and educational.

Um--- you don't reach around to do the Shocker. The Shocker is in and of itself an independent move that is usually performed from the rear or from a prone position face up.

giphy.gif

Um No. Riley is dangling bait with one hand while reaching around administering the Shocker with the other. Not hard to understand really.

awww....come on Bell....that was some of my best work....I thought it was funny as hell. I managed to work in a Paul Hornig reference... For those young guys at home, he was the guy that won the Heisman after leading ND to a 2-8 record.

Also, if you will remember, I was the guy defending Murray's chances to be the # 1 pick

oh....and thanks for the compliment.
You do realize I stole your condescending line you've used on me in the past

Chris Weinke lost 2 games the year he won the Heisman (Miami and your favorite team OU), nice try though. Hell Baker lost 2 games...……..

Last edited:
for cryin out loud. I never meant for that post to be taken seriously and was only jawing back and forth with Bell.....I know there are LOTS of guys that got the Heisman without going undefeated....sheesh! lighten up guys. Bell and I have been ribbing each other for years.....you my friend dont have that senority.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Are we already shit talking about next season, during Spring practice? Hurts could blow out his knee in fall practice and then what?

Wade Phillips could be the DC and its no guarantee this OU defense will be good.

17 points? Do they think Texas will be worse next year? Really?

Are we already shit talking about next season, during Spring practice? Hurts could blow out his knee in fall practice and then what?

Wade Phillips could be the DC and its no guarantee this OU defense will be good.

17 points? Do they think Texas will be worse next year? Really?
It's our defense that they see as our weakness.

Looks like the sports writers/bookies are buying into this "Hurts is a Great QB" narrative. I'm not . . . I thought he was average when he started at Bama . . . good runner, horrible passer. Saban must have thought the same thing because he replaced him Tago . . . who also isn't a great QB. Remember what Clemson did to him?? You guys think they would have done that to Murray and gotten away with it?? Murray was . . . and is . . . better than both of those guys.

Tago aint going #1 guys, next year or any other, Murray is . . . and too my Cardinals! And I have no problem with it from a football perspective. He is a once in a generation QB IMHO. Problem is, he's an arse hole Okie. Oh well, will just have to drink heavily before I watch my Cards next year!

Also, agree that others see our D as our weakness next year. I think they're right and am worried about it.
:eek:

I think our offense will be very good.

Looks like the sports writers/bookies are buying into this "Hurts is a Great QB" narrative. I'm not . . . I thought he was average when he started at Bama . . . good runner, horrible passer. Saban must have thought the same thing because he replaced him Tago . . . who also isn't a great QB. Remember what Clemson did to him?? You guys think they would have done that to Murray and gotten away with it?? Murray was . . . and is . . . better than both of those guys.

Tago aint going #1 guys, next year or any other, Murray is . . . and too my Cardinals! And I have no problem with it from a football perspective. He is a once in a generation QB IMHO. Problem is, he's an arse hole Okie. Oh well, will just have to drink heavily before I watch my Cards next year!

Also, agree that others see our D as our weakness next year. I think they're right and am worried about it.
:eek:

I think our offense will be very good.
I have made it very clear in the past when Hurts was with Bama that I was not impressed with him throwing the ball. But now that he’s a Sooner I feel like he may be better that Murray was.

well for one thing-- he could well deserve it, but I highly doubt they give it to an OU QB three years in row. Just the way the voting rolls.

Reactions: Longyac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT