ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech

ElDiabloTejano

Sep 16, 2014
do we not discuss the actual games on here anymore? is there a moratorium on that sort of thing? if not, any thoughts?

Reactions: q1w2e3
Should be boring by the second quarter.

Horns 77
tt 3

tech has no offense or defense. Sam and the running backs will meet no resistance.

Why do I feel this is the classic "we should beat them by 40" but it ends up being tight going into the 4th with us winning by 10-14???
Hopefully you all will be able to mock this post saturday night, but man I just worry the team may be super happy about UTEP still...........

Seems like everyone just looked at the final score of Techs first game and jumped to conclusions.
There might be some shocked folks when this turns out to be a game....like it is every year.

Reactions: outhereincali
We should not try to establish the run early. Come out throwing and gash their secondary early and often. Use the run to pound them into submission when we have our boot on their neck. This is the true test for Herman. They can throw so our new quarters defense will be tested. We need to pound Bowman with our 4 defensive linemen and blitz selectively. No more blitzes every play from the secondary.

Reactions: HornNation101
We are a 17.5 favorite.

UTEP was worse than Texas school for the Deaf. We should win this easily unless the team decides to act like they normally do when favored in a conference game.

Texas 38
TT 17

I think Tech will play, they won't win but, I still think Tom still don't have the Killer instinct, might cost him one day! but, then again us playing HS teams doesn't show anything

Reactions: freeper
Texas 48 Tech 21. Texas kicks field goals on a couple of stalled drives because of penalties. Defense gives up a couple of big plays. But dang, I hope it’s 59 - 17

The Houston Baptist QB threw for over 500 yards on TT. I hope we shred them for 600 passing yards. Last few years we had to endure close games, I was happy to see a blowout win for our first game.

I think we are better than most think but only because we have let down so many people for so many years. Tom herman had lacked the " open the flood gates " mentality. I think against utep he showed he has chaged. At least hes trying. Sam was in during the 3rd throwing deep up over 40.

I think big things are coming In the future for us..

Texas 59
Tech. 17

We are not going to see how good our team is till we play OU! That will be the test!

I think we are better than most think but only because we have let down so many people for so many years. Tom herman had lacked the " open the flood gates " mentality. I think against utep he showed he has chaged. At least hes trying. Sam was in during the 3rd throwing deep up over 40.

I think big things are coming In the future for us..

Texas 59
Tech. 17
Well, you came close to the Texas score. (Says the guy who made no prediction.)

Why do I feel this is the classic "we should beat them by 40" but it ends up being tight going into the 4th with us winning by 10-14???
Hopefully you all will be able to mock this post saturday night, but man I just worry the team may be super happy about UTEP still...........

I guess we can't mock this post now. :(

Tom Herman will get hit by a flying tortilla, become enraged and begin to open a can of whoop arse.

Ole Tom got hit by a flying tortilla alright! That whop ass didnt go down so well however... Good thing I am an old guy so I can remember wayyyyy back to when we used to know how to play defense at Texas....

TBH.....my wife had to make me leave the tv on when we went down 15.........I'm glad I did. I can't even be happy about this. I think we all saw a huge glimpse of how our season goes this year..........

Reactions: HornsRuleU
TBH.....my wife had to make me leave the tv on when we went down 15.........I'm glad I did.
Similar thing happened with me. I'd been awake for about 22 hours, and had worked > 10 of those hours. So I was already fighting sleep throughout the game. When we went down by 15, I gave in and retreated to the bedroom. Thankfully, she was still watching, and called me back after the next TD.

Someone needs to make a gif of Shaka Smart unzipping and exiting a Tom Herman costume.

Happy Holloween!!!

ADVERTISEMENT