ADVERTISEMENT

Texas versus UTA

RoboCocks21

Sep 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
This game is frustrating me! Uta is on their 3rd pitcher now. Tie game though 1-1 clemens got taken out in the 4th and duke came in for 1 inning and an out and now shimft is pitching with one out in the bottom of the 6th
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Jake got into trouble loading up the bases and uta ripped one over our left fielder's head but uta coach held up the runners thinking it was going to get caught only 1 run scored could of been worse. We get out of the inning with bases loaded and 1 run. Uta 2-1

Johnston isn't our closer anymore, Culbreth is.

This is standard Augie/Skip. They view these midweek games as chances to get all the young arms work. That's why you saw Johnston, McKenzie, and Schimp pitch in "stress" innings tonight. If that was a weekend game Culbreth would have come in.

This post was edited on 3/17 9:29 PM by utisdabomb12

"Bellow pitched one batter and done. I'm at the game"

That's what I meant. I meant to say Culbreth would have come in if that was a weekend scenario.

Good comeback by UTPA. Looking back Skip probably should have come in with Culbreth to start the 9th but I understand why he's trying to get other arms some work.

"We blew the game we could of ended it in the 9th"

If Skip went with Culbreth we probably would have. That's not how Skip/Augie view these midweek games. Would Skip have stuck with a guy coming off Tommy John surgery in an important game, no. But the only way Ty Marlow is going to be ready for June is to put him in pressure situations now. The same reason Skip brought in a true FR with bases loaded and only one out. The only way Johnston is going to be ready for June is to put him in situations like tonight.

laugh.r191677.gif
I'm never surprised when Texas drops one of these midweek games because Augie/Skip view them as essentially glorified practices. I hate losing, but it's something you have to live with in terms of Augie/Skip. It's just how they coach. Augie/Skip only care about June, so they take risks in games like these to get guys ready for postseason play. I won't be surprised if we drop another midweek game.

This post was edited on 3/17 9:59 PM by utisdabomb12

Come postseason play this is what you are going to see in terms of the pitchers IMO.

The 3 starters are going to be French, Hollingsworth and Mayes.

The relief pitcher that will give us a couple innings will be Sawyer. Duke will be the stopper. Culbreth will be the closer. Bellow will be used as the guy to get a lefty out.

Schimpf, Clemens, Marlow, McKenzie, and Johnston will be guys used in spot relief. Clemens might be used as a 4th starter if needed.

All these arms aren't going to be used nearly as much once June rolls around. Guys like Johnston, Marlow, Schimpf and McKenzie are going to be used in very limited situations IMO. With Sawyer, Culbreth, Duke, and Bellow out of the pen that's all Texas really needs.

This post was edited on 3/17 10:09 PM by utisdabomb12

I hate losing like this especially to a school like this....but I can see what your saying with the work and the pitching. And one again we didn't hit well and left guys on base. Uta out hit us

"I hate losing like this especially to a school like this..."

I hate losing too but it's just something you have to expect in these midweek games with coaches like Augie/Skip. They are going to get young arms reps regardless of the outcome. It's the nature of the beast.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
"I hate losing like this especially to a school like this..."

I hate losing too but it's just something you have to expect in these midweek games with coaches like Augie/Skip. They are going to get young arms reps regardless of the outcome. It's the nature of the beast.
Nice spin!

Obviously you are very lonely depressed fat agg that has been rejected by the rest of your own asshats to be posting in this Longhorn thread.

"Post season isn't here yet, so again, nice spin!"

That's why you are an aggy and we are Longhorns. You guys get hyped over nothing. If we don't make a run to the CWS our regular season will be a disappointment regardless of our record. It's about winning titles and making runs to the CWS. There's nothing to spin here. That's why I laugh at you pathetic aggys. Spinning = over 70 years without a title and still trying to justify why you are in the same league as Texas. At the end of the day my signature says it all. You have to win or else your talk is nothing but talk. If you aggys want anybody to take you seriously either A) stop talking or B) start winning. At the end of the day, I don't take a thing you say seriously because it's all empty rhetoric.

This post was edited on 3/18 12:02 AM by utisdabomb12

Something aggys will never understand is that play in March is completely different than June.

Postseason play comes down to which teams has the best 3-5 arms. Texas made the run last year with essentially 5 arms Cooper, Hollingsworth, French, Duke and Curtiss. Texas will do the same thing this year with French, Hollingsworth, Mayes, Duke and Culbreth.

I've seen it time and time again, aggys never have the 3-5 horses on the mound to make deep runs in the CWS. Just wait and watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT