ADVERTISEMENT

Texas versus UTA

Something aggys will never understand is that play in March is completely different than June.

Postseason play comes down to which team has the best 3-5 arms. Texas made the run last year with essentially 5 arms Cooper, Hollingsworth, French, Duke and Curtiss. Texas will do the same thing this year with French, Hollingsworth, Mayes, Duke and Culbreth.

I've seen it time and time again, aggys never have the 3-5 horses on the mound to make deep runs in the CWS. Just wait and watch. Like the bubble thread, I'll be here to tell you I told you so.

To bad the Ag last year who did the horns down had to go all gimp arm us. Would love to beat his ass once again this year.

Originally posted by Falko:
To bad the Ag last year who did the horns down had to go all gimp arm us. Would love to beat his ass once again this year.
You just lost to UTA. Let's slow down on the regional talk.

You have played no one, we lost a few midweek games last year and finished 3rd at the World Series in Omaha retard. Hows the NIT?

UTA is a good baseball team, they won 35 last year. They played TCU low.... Texas bullpen screwed the pooch and that is on Skip, but it's nothing out of the ordinary for Augie to test his youth early in the year to see what he has! Yup, he's preparing for Omaha.... That is what he does.

I look forward to seeing what happens with this new baseball when temperatures rise! It's gonna be fun!

This post was edited on 3/18 9:49 AM by TexExSpur

Aggys have no understanding of developing players early in the season.

I'm not even the slightest bit worried about our bullpen. March is a different animal than June. I'll take French, Hollingsworth, Duke, Culbreth and Mayes against any other 5 arms in the nation come postseason play. The pen won't use nearly the arms it's using this early in the season. Like I said above, postseason play comes down to which team has the best 3-6 arms. It's why even after a bumpy regular season last year I said Texas had a good shot to make the CWS. You need a couple shut down starters (French and Hollingsworth) a couple guys out of the pen (Culbreth and Duke) and another guy you can use as a 3rd starter/random relief scenarios (Mayes). Johnston, Schimpf, Clemens, Sawyer, Marlow and McKenzie will all be situational arms come postseason play. You roll with your best arms come June, that isn't something Skip does in March.

This post was edited on 3/18 10:03 AM by utisdabomb12

Originally posted by mikej042002:
I'm sure losing 2 Friday night starters will eventually catch up with them down the road.
Im sure playing a bunch of scrub cupcake teams that drag your SOS down the toilet will catch up to the aggys as well.... but at least they will be able to watch Texas playing in the CWS again this year. ;)

Ags finally play on the road against a mediocre Alabama team.

Originally posted by RoboCocks21:
So dbu beat uta last night 9-3....
Posted from Rivals Mobile
They legit yo! They're also Aggy's best win. I believe they played In the regional at TCU last year.

This post was edited on 3/19 12:43 PM by TexExSpur

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT