Texas vs Bama

Discussion in 'Longhorn Sports' started by CDEatUT2, Dec 1, 2018.

1. CDEatUT2

CDEatUT2 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If Bama loses to Georgia and OU goes to the playoff, Texas would likely play Alabama in the Sugsr bowl.

2. gordo107

gordo107 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

3. St. John Sooner

Expand Collapse

Won’t happen.

4. Scholz

Scholz Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Bama would still go

2300 Nueces likes this.
  5. Mister Moses

Mister Moses Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That would send OU to the Sugar Bowl.

6. Deweygolfer

Deweygolfer Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I wish and would love to see the Horns wipe their ass, but unfortunately, Bama would still get in.

7. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Most likely Texas vs Georgia and OU vs Bama.

If Georgia plays it really tight, they might get in playoff anyway. Bama and Georgia are pretty obviously the best 2 teams in the country.

8. Deweygolfer

Expand Collapse

Why do you say they are the best 2 Teams in the country? Who have they played and beat? UGA lost to LSU for Christs Sakes by 20! What good Team has Bama played and beat? Texas A&M?!

9. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You are most likely going to agree if you guys sneak in a have to play them. Your 5'9 corners are going to be in trouble. Men vs. Boys.

Obadiah Plainman likes this.
  10. CDEatUT2

CDEatUT2 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I realize Bama may get in no matter what, but the committee is going to have a hard time going with a one loss non conference champion over a one loss conference champion. Not to mention they probably don’t want to see a Bama Georgia rematch.

11. LonghornMM

LonghornMM Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I would say that Clemson is better than Georgia. Clemson is the only team in the CFP that has a realistic shot to beat Alabama.

12. Deweygolfer

Expand Collapse

Sorry, have to disagree MM with how Tua and the Bama offense looks today. They look like complete trash.

13. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

They claim they want the 4 best teams. There is no doubt it my mind that Bama & Georgia are top 3 at the very least. Question is, it it fair to make them beat the other one twice? Or let the winner roll over ND or OU. Then have a tough game with Clemson.

14. Crimson_Warrior

Crimson_Warrior Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Would you guys say that your defense is about as good as Alabama's?

I know statistically, it's not as good, but you guys also had to play OU twice, WVU, Texas Tech, etc.

Metcalf #2 likes this.
  15. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Is that a serious question? Good lord

16. Deweygolfer

Expand Collapse

Bama does not look like a Top 4 Team right now, unless UGA is the best team in the history of CFB. They are being dominated by an Offense that is nowhere near what OU has.

17. CDEatUT2

CDEatUT2 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I mean, our defense is about as good as Alabama relative to Westlake High School and the Houston Texans...

18. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So you see no difference in the quality of athletes on the field this afternoon compared to this morning?

Georgia is the 2nd best team in the country, and Bama is likely to show you who is best today. It is a long game.

19. Tired Horn

Tired Horn Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think Clemson has the right to claim number 2 team and Georgia has a high propensity to choke in big games

20. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Clemson is really good. I think Alabama is best, then Clemson or Georgia, then Ohio State or OU. I don't think ND can say with any of those guys.

21. CDEatUT2

CDEatUT2 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You think there’s a shot ND gets left out?

22. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

No. I think they are in. I just think whoever gets them is very lucky, ND is going to get embarrassed.

23. LonghornMM

LonghornMM Moderator
    Expand Collapse

The NCAA should put it in the rules that you must win your CCG, or if you don't have a CCG, win your conference to qualify for the CFP. Two teams from the same conference is BS. No on wants that. If Georgia hangs on and beats Bama, it is absolutely not fair to Georgia to ask them to play Alabama again in the CFP after they just beat them, or vice versa. That would be like an NFL team beating a team in the playoffs and then having to face them again in the Super Bowl. Both Alabama and Georgia should not have made the CFP last year. The $EC bias is mind numbing.

HornDrummer and 2300 Nueces like this.
  24. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

But they both won last year, they were just better. If anything that proved the committee was right last year. I kinda think Bama pours it on in the second half and it won't matter. But they are both really good.

25. Belldozer1

Belldozer1 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Don’t worry the Murray hate will subside for you guys eventually. Just think, he could have won the Heisman for your team, oh wait no he couldn’t, he had to transfer out for real coaching

26. LonghornMM

LonghornMM Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I don't care if they "were just better". They happen to play in the same conference. Too bad. And with a small four-team playoff, two teams shouldn't be in the CFP from the same conference. Hell, if the $EC had their way, they would have all four teams in the CFP. :rolleyes:

Which brings me to my whole point. The rules should be changed to what I mentioned above to prevent this from ever happening again. Now, if the playoffs are expanded to eight teams or more, that makes sense that more than one team from a conference makes it in, but that's not the case now.

If Georgia knocks off Alabama, it should be Clemson, ND, OU and Georgia, IMO.

2300 Nueces and Pumpedup55 like this.
  27. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That would make me happy, I have serious Alabama fatigue. Not sure why ya'll would want a pissed off Bama in New Orleans.
    But I generally prefer meritocracy in America. So I say stick with the best teams.

28. CDEatUT2

CDEatUT2 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Aaaannd never mind.

29. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

At least Tua is out for the playoffs. Maybe somebody has a chance now.

30. LonghornMM

LonghornMM Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Gotta pull for Clemson in the CFP. Hopefully they get it right and it is Clemson, ND, OU, Bama. Bama will crush OU. Clemson will crush ND. Clemson beats Bama. And then Saban retires, lol.

LonghornInOmaha and freeper like this.
  31. Mister Moses

Mister Moses Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Tua going out was the best thing to happen for Alabama. He was bad, in comes Hurts for 21 unanswered points. Hurts for Heisman

32. Crimson_Warrior

Crimson_Warrior Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

whoa... easy chief. I'm not a TX fan, but I know their defense managed to contain OUs offense better than anybody else this year.

Leading up to this game, OU was murdering opposing defenses with its running game. Killing them. But UT kept OU's backs in check. Even Murray didn't run for many yards today.

And so I'm just asking these guys if they think UT's defense is close to bama's. Maybe at least UT's front four?

You're an A&M fan, correct? Is it possible that you might be a little biased in favor of your SEC brethren? :)

LonghornMM and Metcalf #2 like this.
  33. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Everybody is bias, including me for sure. I honestly thought you were being sarcastic. Thought I was playing along with the gag.

34. Son of Wasatch

Son of Wasatch Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't think Texas has a single DB under 5-10 Most of the Texas corners are 6 ft and taller.

Oklahoma deserves to be in, I'd take them over Notre Dame whose only good win was against a team that got embarrassed by Ohio State.

I don't think there is a single guy on the Texas roster that is as good as his Alabama counter part. Maybe Dicker the kicker.

comparing the Texas defense to Bama is like comparing your right hand to a super model. One is the real deal, the other takes a lot of imagination.

35. LonghornMM

LonghornMM Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Why do all aggys pull for a conference? Its embarrassing for you guys. Its like Rutgers pulling for Ohio State and Michigan to do good, thinking that it makes them good by association. A team should be all for one. To hell with the rest of the conference. Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, etc doing good has nothing to do whether a&m has any credibility or is a good team. Can you speak for aggys and explain this bizarre reasoning about their infatuation with the shameless $EC cheerleading? No one gets this mentality.

36. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I probably wasn't clear, I was talking about OU's tiny corners.

37. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Some guy asked if Texas's defense was as good as Alabama's. I thought he was trolling.
    If Georgia gets in the playoffs I will 100% be pulling for them. I will also 100% pull against Alabama, as I am sick to death of them running the game. Saban gets anybody he wants, it is sickening. But I am not blind to the fact of which teams have the best players. Doesn't matter if I like them or not.

freeper and LonghornMM like this.
  38. LonghornMM

LonghornMM Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I hear what you're saying. I think that everyone outside of Alabama fan is sick and tired of Bama. That said, can you, or any other ag, explain the bizarre $EC conference cheerleading thing that aggy does?

39. mm42

mm42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I maybe can explain some of it, but I have issues with some of the Bama nut hugging myself. I hate those MFers.

So for me, why I pull for SEC teams when playing out of conference -recruiting and higher profile games.

I want the SEC to dominate the draft every year, win the most bowl games, have the highest profile games on the best networks in the best time slots, and dominate the playoffs. I also want A&M to pull it's own weight, but 2nd in the west is our ceiling as long as Saban is breathing. And that is the main reason I hate Bama and ther recruiting juggernaut.

I want those things so I can get excited about 7 or 8 games a year. I love the big games and hate the brunch time games. And most importantly recruiting. All the top high school kids think they are NFL good. As long as the SEC continues to dominate, you can sell the alpha dog guys on playing in the SEC vs Pros or in the BIG12 vs Joes. I realize the delta in reality is not as huge as the perception, but the difference is real and significant.

I really do think the SEC is head and shoulders above the other conferences, and I want credit for playing in those venues against those teams. Doesn't mean I like Bama, LSU, Auburn, or Mississippi State - I don't.

Not trying to be a prick with this response, just trying to explain my thinking.

39 mm42, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  40. Hornsfan722

Hornsfan722 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

If the SEC is head and shoulders above other conferences then why did it take the SEC champ Georgia last year overtime to beat Oklahoma. And Oklahoma had that game won to be honest. Then Georgia almost went on to beat Bama. So your logic is flawed!

LonghornMM likes this.