ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Bama

CDEatUT2

Gold Member
Feb 10, 2008
If Bama loses to Georgia and OU goes to the playoff, Texas would likely play Alabama in the Sugsr bowl.

Most likely Texas vs Georgia and OU vs Bama.

If Georgia plays it really tight, they might get in playoff anyway. Bama and Georgia are pretty obviously the best 2 teams in the country.

If Georgia plays it really tight, they might get in playoff anyway. Bama and Georgia are pretty obviously the best 2 teams in the country.
Why do you say they are the best 2 Teams in the country? Who have they played and beat? UGA lost to LSU for Christs Sakes by 20! What good Team has Bama played and beat? Texas A&M?!

Why do you say they are the best 2 Teams in the country? Who have they played and beat? UGA lost to LSU for Christs Sakes by 20! What good Team has Bama played and beat? Texas A&M?!
You are most likely going to agree if you guys sneak in a have to play them. Your 5'9 corners are going to be in trouble. Men vs. Boys.

Reactions: Obadiah Plainman
I realize Bama may get in no matter what, but the committee is going to have a hard time going with a one loss non conference champion over a one loss conference champion. Not to mention they probably don’t want to see a Bama Georgia rematch.

I would say that Clemson is better than Georgia. Clemson is the only team in the CFP that has a realistic shot to beat Alabama.

I realize Bama may get in no matter what, but the committee is going to have a hard time going with a one loss non conference champion over a one loss conference champion. Not to mention they probably don’t want to see a Bama Georgia rematch.
They claim they want the 4 best teams. There is no doubt it my mind that Bama & Georgia are top 3 at the very least. Question is, it it fair to make them beat the other one twice? Or let the winner roll over ND or OU. Then have a tough game with Clemson.

Would you guys say that your defense is about as good as Alabama's?

I know statistically, it's not as good, but you guys also had to play OU twice, WVU, Texas Tech, etc.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
They claim they want the 4 best teams. There is no doubt it my mind that Bama & Georgia are top 3 at the very least. Question is, it it fair to make them beat the other one twice? Or let the winner roll over ND or OU. Then have a tough game with Clemson.
Bama does not look like a Top 4 Team right now, unless UGA is the best team in the history of CFB. They are being dominated by an Offense that is nowhere near what OU has.

Would you guys say that your defense is about as good as Alabama's?

I know statistically, it's not as good, but you guys also had to play OU twice, WVU, Texas Tech, etc.

I mean, our defense is about as good as Alabama relative to Westlake High School and the Houston Texans...

Bama does not look like a Top 4 Team right now, unless UGA is the best team in the history of CFB. They are being dominated by an Offense that is nowhere near what OU has.
So you see no difference in the quality of athletes on the field this afternoon compared to this morning?

Georgia is the 2nd best team in the country, and Bama is likely to show you who is best today. It is a long game.

So you see no difference in the quality of athletes on the field this afternoon compared to this morning?

Georgia is the 2nd best team in the country, and Bama is likely to show you who is best today. It is a long game.

I think Clemson has the right to claim number 2 team and Georgia has a high propensity to choke in big games

I think Clemson has the right to claim number 2 team and Georgia has a high propensity to choke in big games
Clemson is really good. I think Alabama is best, then Clemson or Georgia, then Ohio State or OU. I don't think ND can say with any of those guys.

Clemson is really good. I think Alabama is best, then Clemson or Georgia, then Ohio State or OU. I don't think ND can say with any of those guys.
You think there’s a shot ND gets left out?

The NCAA should put it in the rules that you must win your CCG, or if you don't have a CCG, win your conference to qualify for the CFP. Two teams from the same conference is BS. No on wants that. If Georgia hangs on and beats Bama, it is absolutely not fair to Georgia to ask them to play Alabama again in the CFP after they just beat them, or vice versa. That would be like an NFL team beating a team in the playoffs and then having to face them again in the Super Bowl. Both Alabama and Georgia should not have made the CFP last year. The $EC bias is mind numbing.

The NCAA should put it in the rules that you must win your CCG, or if you don't have a CCG, win your conference to qualify for the CFP. Two teams from the same conference is BS. No on wants that. If Georgia hangs on and beats Bama, it is absolutely not fair to Georgia to ask them to play Alabama again in the CFP after they just beat them, or vice versa. That would be like an NFL team beating a team in the playoffs and then having to face them again in the Super Bowl. Both Alabama and Georgia should not have made the CFP last year. The $EC bias is mind numbing.
But they both won last year, they were just better. If anything that proved the committee was right last year. I kinda think Bama pours it on in the second half and it won't matter. But they are both really good.

Don’t worry the Murray hate will subside for you guys eventually. Just think, he could have won the Heisman for your team, oh wait no he couldn’t, he had to transfer out for real coaching

But they both won last year, they were just better. If anything that proved the committee was right last year. I kinda think Bama pours it on in the second half and it won't matter. But they are both really good.

I don't care if they "were just better". They happen to play in the same conference. Too bad. And with a small four-team playoff, two teams shouldn't be in the CFP from the same conference. Hell, if the $EC had their way, they would have all four teams in the CFP. :rolleyes:

Which brings me to my whole point. The rules should be changed to what I mentioned above to prevent this from ever happening again. Now, if the playoffs are expanded to eight teams or more, that makes sense that more than one team from a conference makes it in, but that's not the case now.

If Georgia knocks off Alabama, it should be Clemson, ND, OU and Georgia, IMO.

I don't care if they "were just better". They happen to play in the same conference. Too bad. And with a small four-team playoff, two teams shouldn't be in the CFP from the same conference. Hell, if the $EC had their way, they would have all four teams in the CFP. :rolleyes:

Which brings me to my whole point. The rules should be changed to what I mentioned above to prevent this from ever happening again. Now, if the playoffs are expanded to eight teams or more, that makes sense that more than one team from a conference makes it in, but that's not the case now.

If Georgia knocks off Alabama, it should be Clemson, ND, OU and Georgia, IMO.
That would make me happy, I have serious Alabama fatigue. Not sure why ya'll would want a pissed off Bama in New Orleans.
But I generally prefer meritocracy in America. So I say stick with the best teams.

Gotta pull for Clemson in the CFP. Hopefully they get it right and it is Clemson, ND, OU, Bama. Bama will crush OU. Clemson will crush ND. Clemson beats Bama. And then Saban retires, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT