ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Baylor game thread

Texas with 3 RPI top 50 wins now.

Hopefully those players that were ejected aren't suspended for the K-State game.

"So I missed the last half what happen with people getting ejected?"

There was a loose ball at half court. Taylor dove after the ball and a Baylor player elbowed him and jumped on top of him. Taylor pushed him off. Then the benches cleared.

Taylor maybe deserved a technical for pushing the Baylor player off, but Taylor certainly should have shot 2 FTs there.

We can thank Ibeh and Felix for that win.

Ibeh worked his ass off in the second half.

If the elbow started it, then Taylor should have been ejected for pushing the baylor player after. All the other suspensions seemed stupid.

"Oh crazy love seeing benches clear. But sucks with taylor not getting another missed call on him like the Kansas game at the end. Thanks for the info"

I'm not sure what the rules are in terms of bench clearing but nobody deserved to be ejected IMO. Taylor just pushed a player off him because he was on his back. The Baylor player that elbowed Taylor didn't do it intentionally. The guys that cleared the bench didn't do much of anything, but it might be a rule like the NBA where there's an automatic ejection.

Something I don't understand. We make a run at the end of every game because we put full court pressure on. I'm not sure why we don't do more of that.

Will your 4 ejected players play us 3/7/15

or

are they suspended?

1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

BAylor got back intothe game because we went full court press and they hit the 3 in the corner. Noland Richardson would have a stroke at the lack of hustle in our full court press.

"BAylor got back intothe game because we went full court press and they hit the 3 in the corner. Noland Richardson would have a stroke at the lack of hustle in our full court press."

I disagree. Texas got back into the game once they went to the full court press. It got the tempo of the game to speed up and allowed Texas to get engaged. You are going to get some open looks in the type of press we were running, that's fine. We got Baylor out of their game by speeding up the tempo. Texas went on a run at about the 4 minute mark in regulation once we implemented some full court pressure.

This post was edited on 3/2 6:56 PM by utisdabomb12

Just saw the video online it's already posted but I see Texas sent 4 players to the locker room and Baylor 3. Nothing looked to crazy but makes sense to send a few back to the locker room after benches clear like that
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
Something I don't understand. We make a run at the end of every game because we put full court pressure on. I'm not sure why we don't do more of that.
I remember saying that before the season even started, and you acted as if I was crazy. We have the depth, to give teams 40 minutes of hell. I also said that our half court offense wouldn't be very good, so I was hoping we would get out and run a lot more. It doesn't matter at this point, as Barnes continues to over coach.

And that forearm that Taylor got wasn't intentional to start, but that chump most definitely put extra pressure and weight behind it. The dude stiffened his arm up and pressed down...that was intentional and dirty. Taylor was in the right for getting that chump, up off of him. I love that he got upset about it, and I'm glad that he didn't let go, even at the end of the game. Forget being friendly, to a punk.

I thought the same thing. He definitely put more pressure on purpose and didn't attempt to get off until Taylor pushed him off. I don't blame Taylor at all for how he reacted.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

"I remember saying that before the season even started, and you acted as if I was crazy. We have the depth, to give teams 40 minutes of hell. I also said that our half court offense wouldn't be very good, so I was hoping we would get out and run a lot more. It doesn't matter at this point, as Barnes continues to over coach. "

I still disagree with this. I think you should be multiple like offenses/defenses in football. Run some full court press, half court press, some man to man, and even a little zone. We've been too predictable. I would like to see more full court pressure, but certainly not for 40 minutes.

"And that forearm that Taylor got wasn't intentional to start, but that chump most definitely put extra pressure and weight behind it. Royce stiffened his arm up and pressed down...that was intentional and dirty. Taylor was in the right for getting that chump, up off of him. I love that he got upset about it, and I'm glad that he didn't let go, even at the end of the game. Forget being friendly, to a punk."

I agree with Taylor having the right to push him off. Not sure if Royce went over the top for a technical, but he certainly should have been called for a foul. Maybe it was dirty, I would have to see another replay.

This post was edited on 3/2 9:19 PM by utisdabomb12

Bomb, you might want to do some checking on this, but as I remember it, and I only remember this because Chris clack told me at dinner one night in the athletic training table, I'd you're ejected from a game for physical activities, you're suspended from the following game. That rule may have changed, but I don't know.

I know if you're ejected from a football game for fighting, you're suspended for the next game...... and I want to say basketball is the same. Any way to confirm for sure?

Bomb, you might want to do some checking on this, but as I remember it, and I only remember this because Chris clack told me at dinner one night in the athletic training table, I'd you're ejected from a game for physical activities, you're suspended from the following game. That rule may have changed, but I don't know.

I know if you're ejected from a football game for fighting, you're suspended for the next game...... and I want to say basketball is the same. Any way to confirm for sure?

"Bomb, you might want to do some checking on this, but as I remember it, and I only remember this because Chris clack told me at dinner one night in the athletic training table, I'd you're ejected from a game for physical activities, you're suspended from the following game. That rule may have changed, but I don't know. I know if you're ejected from a football game for fighting, you're suspended for the next game...... and I want to say basketball is the same. Any way to confirm for sure?"

UT confirmed there won't be any suspensions.

Chris Hummer tweet: "There will be no suspensions for anyone ejected from the game, per Texas athletics."

Holmes was ejected in the WV game and played the next game against Kansas.

This post was edited on 3/2 7:36 PM by utisdabomb12

If the elbow started it, then Taylor should have been ejected for pushing the baylor player after. All the other suspensions seemed stupid.

Texas got back into the game because of the way Ibeh hedged on the pick-and-roll and defended at the rim. He is the game MVP!!

"Texas got back into the game because of the way Ibeh hedged on the pick-and-roll and defended at the rim. He is the game MVP!!"

No doubt. Cherry was blowing by everyone all night and Ibeh got isolated multiple times against him. Pretty incredible effort from Ibeh (a center) to slow down one of the quickest guards in the country. Huge advantage when you have a big that can hedge like that and switch on the pick and roll.

Next game up for Texas, K-State. They are 12-4 at home, 2-2 on neutral court and 1-9 away. They are bad away from home.

This post was edited on 3/2 11:52 PM by utisdabomb12

Nice wins for the Horns last night. They should be tourney bound, beat KSU (which they will) and they will definitely be tourney bound. And like I have said previously, should be a tough out and wouldn't be surprised to see them win a couple rounds.
This post was edited on 3/3 10:45 AM by Deweygolfer

Originally posted by Deweygolfer:

Nice wins for the Horns last night. They should be tourney bound, beat KSU (which they will) and they will definitely be tourney bound. And like I have said previously, should be a tough out and wouldn't be surprised to see them win a couple rounds.
This post was edited on 3/3 10:45 AM by Deweygolfer
I think they need to win a game or two in the conf tourney, along with a KSU win to ensure they get in. Otherwise it is very dicey. You don't want to be on that last 4 in list when small schools get lucky in their tourney and steal an extra birth.

It doesn't matter much anyway. If this team really gets its stuff together it might be able to make a little run in the NCAA. But I just don't see that happening. If they get in, they could beat damn near anyone but also implode in any game at any time. At least they are being more competitive late. But hard fought losses mean zip in the tourney.

KSU and one conference tournament win and they are in. Thats not a given with this team, but its doable.

At the end of the game, Felix at the point with Taylor working the baseline was interesting. At least 2x's Taylor penetrated to shoot his little floater. It looked tough to defend.

ADVERTISEMENT