ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs. Baylor score prediction and comments

LonghornMM

Oct 23, 2002
Texas
Texas isn't going to beat Baylor in Waco. Zero chance. This team is in a tail spin. I'm very concerned about the wheels coming off with recruiting and transfers if Texas keeps losing. Something is wrong. Very wrong, and it starts and ends with Tom Herman.

Baylor 43
Texas 24

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Texas isn't going to beat Baylor in Waco. Zero chance. This team is in a tail spin. I'm very concerned about the wheels coming off with recruiting and transfers if Texas keeps losing. Something is wrong. Very wrong, and it starts and ends with Tom Herman.

Baylor 43
Texas 24
I think it will be really close, every game both teams play is close. And both just lost heartbreakers. Rhule is really good, so:
Raplor 30
Texas 28

BU 45
UT 21

Herman goes for the TD six times instead of kicking a FG. Dicker seen laying in a tanning booth relaxing the whole game.

Baylor 34

Texas 17

We have lost so much lately, " You can feel that shit coming in the Air"! Baylors gonna put it on our asses in order to rub the OU loss out, plus they don't like us anyway, plus we don't know who's gonna show up on the Texas team, or they haven't got over the ass whippen at ISU..and feelin sorry for theirselves...

Last edited:
I think we’ll lose, but maybe Baylor’s D will be slightly worn down after being on the field for the entire second half against OU. Doubt it will be enough.

Baylor 41
Texas 23

Baylors D is gonna eat our ass, its gotta recoup for the OU loss..

I could really see a UT win here. The defense is getting healthier and will be a lot more consistent than OU’s. Plus that was a Historic loss that Baylor just suffered and will be hard to get over. UT may be the medicine to cure that, but I have a feeling it won’t be. UT 27 - Bears 20

Also, there’s a crazy scenario where 5 Teams could end the season tied at 6-3, imagine figuring that tiebreaker out for the 2 Teams to play in the Big 12 Championship!

Last edited:
i think we'll win. defense looks a lot better. i can't explain what the offense has done the last few games but sam still has it in him to get the job done, and i suspect he will. baylor may come out with their hair on fire, but if we can withstand that initial shot, we should be okay. unless we've decided not to throw on first or second down again, for some reason. i then think we'll beat tech. and we will win the bowl game against some secsec lightweight. and we will all look and say "ya know, given the injuries and schedule, 9-4 wasn't so bad." or we'll lose out to go 6-7 and the callings for heads may be justified.

Reactions: freeper
Are we capable of winning, yes, are we capable of losing because of poor coaching, lack of discipline which equates to stupid mistakes. If the team that played LSU off its feet shows up, we win. If the team I have seen on numerous occasions shows up, it is not a matter of if we lose but by how much. Coaching can and will be the difference in this game. There too many unknown variables for me to predict a score. I am worn out mentally football wise to try and figure out this team. Injuries have played a big part in our season, but lack of quality coaching has played an even bigger part in my opinion.

I don't see Baylor scoring nearly as many points as most of you do. Two of their scores against OU were with short fields after turnovers. Once OU finally put a spy on their QB in the 2nd half, they didn't do much. Iowa State's offense is much better than Baylor's and you held them to the low 20s. Their defense is good, though. I think UT wins a low-scoring affair; something like 17-14.

Reactions: HornsRuleU and 22LR
Texas' defense is better than it has been all year. Baylor, apart from OU making them look like national champion contenders for one half, is not really great in any one facet.

I'm picking Baylor, but in all honesty I can see Texas pulling this out.

Baylor 33
Texas 28

70%-30% Baylor wins.

Baylor 43
Texas 24
Please explain your recruiting and transfer concerns? You keep mentioning it in every other thread.

What have Herman's recruiting classes been ranked? What is the current class ranked at? What about early 2021 rankings?

Who has transferred? Why did they transfer?

Just curious if you actually know or are just spewing negativity.

What about early 2021 rankings?

1st of all you can't count on the 2021 ones who are not on campus, some may change and jump ship after reading the writing on the wall as the ones who have jumped ship lately have..as many may jump ship after the seasons over, these young guys want to play for a good contender and seems with whats going on, we don't look it . all ya hve to do is read on several website who has jmped, they will never say why in a article, only that they want to play elsewhere for more playing time or another kind of phib, things maybe also that they have realize that Herman is not the one and thus the turmoil in the locker room..MM does not sprat shit about thus stuff, his info due to his sources are always correct, so stop saying he spray negativity..all I can say that it is what it is..players just want to be on a winning team and that's the whole story right there...Bwilks you are a good man and a smart one at that being a Dr, ( Pro Tip:) reading is knowledge especially when its between the lines...remember baylor has tore everyone asses up except OU and they had a chance and F it up..

1st of all you can't count on the 2021 ones who are not on campus, some may change and jump ship after reading the writing on the wall as the ones who have jumped ship lately have..as many may jump ship after the seasons over, these young guys want to play for a good contender and seems with whats going on, we don't look it . all ya hve to do is read on several website who has jmped, they will never say why in a article, only that they want to play elsewhere for more playing time or another kind of phib, things maybe also that they have realize that Herman is not the one and thus the turmoil in the locker room..MM does not sprat shit about thus stuff, his info due to his sources are always correct, so stop saying he spray negativity..all I can say that it is what it is..players just want to be on a winning team and that's the whole story right there...Bwilks you are a good man and a smart one at that being a Dr, ( Pro Tip:) reading is knowledge especially when its between the lines...remember baylor has tore everyone asses up except OU and they had a chance and F it up..
We can't count the 2020 class either as they haven't signed yet. But all the reports and interviews indicate guys are sticking with Texas. The guys that did decommit weren't shocking.

- Princely Umanmielen and Joshua Eaton - both were 50/50 guys who made surprising commitments at the time. I think on field results affected both and swung the needle away from UT.
- Ethan Pouncey - picked UT to play with his bro Jordan. Jordan decides to trnsfer bc he as been recruited over and won't be playing much at UT ever.

- Quaydarius Davis - previous SMU commit whose strongest UT relation was Rashaad Samples who was since hired back on at SMU as an assistant coach. Do the math on this one.

We are currently number 6 for 2020 with little concern to drop much lower than that. This after 2 top3 classes. No need to worry about recruiting results at this point. Herman is possibly outdoing even Mack at this point.

We can't count the 2020 class either as they haven't signed yet. But all the reports and interviews indicate guys are sticking with Texas. The guys that did decommit weren't shocking.

- Princely Umanmielen and Joshua Eaton - both were 50/50 guys who made surprising commitments at the time. I think on field results affected both and swung the needle away from UT.
- Ethan Pouncey - picked UT to play with his bro Jordan. Jordan decides to trnsfer bc he as been recruited over and won't be playing much at UT ever.

- Quaydarius Davis - previous SMU commit whose strongest UT relation was Rashaad Samples who was since hired back on at SMU as an assistant coach. Do the math on this one.

We are currently number 6 for 2020 with little concern to drop much lower than that. This after 2 top3 classes. No need to worry about recruiting results at this point. Herman is possibly outdoing even Mack at this point.

Herman is not out doing MB at this time as MB won more games not lose them, you can't compare orange s and apples when ya got a banana in you hand while ya eating it..Herman has not come even a **** hair to MB and I don't care for MB, but i give him that much, I have told everyone on this BB that Herman is not the one especially seeing him acting like he lost his fing dog on the ISU replay, somebody tore his ass up just by his looks, he looks defeated, I never trust a man that look at the floor instead of directly to ya face,,Herman won't be here after next season cause he can't coach, but, he blows alotta bubles with his gum on the sidelines and finally picks up the clip board in the 4th when we losing like he is gonna save us, you look at all the other coaches in football, most of them are covering their lips and calling plays the whole game, he had to pick that clip board up to give the impression that he was trying to win..but, he just don't know it but, hes not the smartest person in the room, all them reporter know the truth, he was simply Out Coached period and it don't matter if the player Fuked up, it still falls back on him.. Having Houston and all other asst coaches jobs for other teams don't make him elite...just like Major, hes only good for a asst coach not a Big 12 head coach, , I believe clobs and MM story about Saban and how Herman came about...

bwilk, thank you for your contributions here. We're all passionate about Texas and all of us want to win. But you gotta call it like it is based on what the on field results are, and other things off of the field, which are very concerning. Trust me, I don't like what is going on, and I don't want to see Texas struggle. Hopefully things will turn back to positive under Herman. He's a good coach. Is he the right coach at Texas? At this point, I think that is unknown. In short order, time will tell. A head coaching job at one of the premier football programs around the country isn't for the timid. You've got to produce and meet the expectations that come with a job like this one, or you're going to get run. It is what it is. I agree with letting things play out, but it's not that difficult to read the handwriting on the wall and call it like it is.

bwilk, thank you for your contributions here. We're all passionate about Texas and all of us want to win. But you gotta call it like it is based on what the on field results are, and other things off of the field, which are very concerning. Trust me, I don't like what is going on, and I don't want to see Texas struggle. Hopefully things will turn back to positive under Herman. He's a good coach. Is he the right coach at Texas? At this point, I think that is unknown. In short order, time will tell. A head coaching job at one of the premier football programs around the country isn't for the timid. You've got to produce and meet the expectations that come with a job like this one, or you're going to get run. It is what it is. I agree with letting things play out, but it's not that difficult to read the handwriting on the wall and call it like it is.
I think people interpret the W-L differently. Opinions differ about the state of the program inherited, the impact of 6-8 DB injuries, the current state of the roster, etc. Depending on how you view these things Herman has either failed or he is slowly making progress. Both view points are valid IMO.

Herman is not out doing MB at this time as MB won more games not lose them, you can't compare orange s and apples when ya got a banana in you hand while ya eating it..Herman has not come even a **** hair to MB and I don't care for MB, but i give him that much, I have told everyone on this BB that Herman is not the one especially seeing him acting like he lost his fing dog on the ISU replay, somebody tore his ass up just by his looks, he looks defeated, I never trust a man that look at the floor instead of directly to ya face,,Herman won't be here after next season cause he can't coach, but, he blows alotta bubles with his gum on the sidelines and finally picks up the clip board in the 4th when we losing like he is gonna save us, you look at all the other coaches in football, most of them are covering their lips and calling plays the whole game, he had to pick that clip board up to give the impression that he was trying to win..but, he just don't know it but, hes not the smartest person in the room, all them reporter know the truth, he was simply Out Coached period and it don't matter if the player Fuked up, it still falls back on him.. Having Houston and all other asst coaches jobs for other teams don't make him elite...just like Major, hes only good for a asst coach not a Big 12 head coach, , I believe clobs and MM story about Saban and how Herman came about...
I was referring strictly to recruiting in this instance. Of course Herman hasn't come close to MB on the field. Mack was so good recruiting for a decade so TH has a ways to go before that but the results have been on par with Mack's best years.

Mack Brown Era recruiting ranks (starts in 2000 as no rankings prior):
6 - 11 -1 (Vince Young class) - 8 - 9 - 13 - 6 - 3 - 8 - 6 - 2 - 4 - 2 - 17

Charlie Strong Recruiting (2014-16)
17 - 10 - 7

Tom Herman Recruiting (2017 - present)
25 - 3 - 3 - 6 (2020 currently) - 4 (2021 currently)

I don't predict numbers without a spreadsheet and a ton of time to create it, with all the relevant factors and their correlations.

Texas wins. Herman keeps his job.

Back in the day, as the season wore on, my predictions got closer and closer. Before the famous Rose Bowl game, I'd made about 26 predictions about the game with USC. I think 18 or 19 came true, including the win, and most every lead change and when it occurred, and the final score was a few points off. That was the last time I had time for stuff like that.

I don't predict numbers without a spreadsheet and a ton of time to create it, with all the relevant factors and their correlations.

Texas wins. Herman keeps his job.

Back in the day, as the season wore on, my predictions got closer and closer. Before the famous Rose Bowl game, I'd made about 26 predictions about the game with USC. I think 18 or 19 came true, including the win, and most every lead change and when it occurred, and the final score was a few points off. That was the last time I had time for stuff like that.

I can feel the love you have for that man HR!

Reactions: HornsRuleU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT