ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs ISU...T+1 edition

I expect the defense to show up today. Ash has found something and seems to have the guys believing. The questions to me are: 1. Is Sam is going to keep missing open receivers, particular down field. 2. Can receivers make a few tough catches in timely situations. Both of those things lacking made the OSU and WVU games closer than they should have been.
I picture Sam ending his home game career on a high note. I think he has a good game today and pulls out the win. Tex 23 ISU 17

Reactions: horn wild
I'd slow down with the "big talent differential between TX and ISU".

They have the best RB in the conference who leads the nation in rushing. They are at least as good at QB. Their TE room has multiple NFL talents.

On D we don't have a LB like Mike Rose who will probably be 1st team all BIg 12 and maybe an All American. Their DC Jon Heacock has been solid with their D for a few years now.

There is a big talent differential between Texas and Iowa St, if we're just talking about talent. Production is another story.

Sam > Purdy
Bijan is more talented than their RB
Which WR is more talented than Eagles/Jake/Moore/Black?
ISU doesn't have a TE more talented than Wiley
The OL is a different story, but I'd still venture to guess that most of the Texas OL were/are bigger, faster and stronger than their ISU counterpart.
I'd take Ossai, Sweat, Graham, Coburn over anyone on the ISU DL
Rose is incredible, no argument there
I'd take Sterns, Brown, Adimora, Thompson and Jamison over any ISU DB

It is absolutely freaking ridiculous that Texas is 5-3 this year.

It is absolutely freaking ridiculous that Texas has only scored 37 points combined the last two games.

There is not excuse. None.

Does Iowa state have better coaches? They sure can coach up 3 star players to punch us in the mouth and disrespect us in front of the world.

There is a big talent differential between Texas and Iowa St, if we're just talking about talent. Production is another story.

Sam > Purdy
Bijan is more talented than their RB
Which WR is more talented than Eagles/Jake/Moore/Black?
ISU doesn't have a TE more talented than Wiley
The OL is a different story, but I'd still venture to guess that most of the Texas OL were/are bigger, faster and stronger than their ISU counterpart.
I'd take Ossai, Sweat, Graham, Coburn over anyone on the ISU DL
Rose is incredible, no argument there
I'd take Sterns, Brown, Adimora, Thompson and Jamison over any ISU DB

It is absolutely freaking ridiculous that Texas is 5-3 this year.

It is absolutely freaking ridiculous that Texas has only scored 37 points combined the last two games.

There is not excuse. None.
The only thing I would disagree with you on is the TE. Kolar is an all American and I think better than Wiley. While it’s hard to tell without seeing much of Wiley I think Kolar is better at this point.

Reactions: weevilcatch
The only thing I would disagree with you on is the TE. Kolar is an all American and I think better than Wiley. While it’s hard to tell without seeing much of Wiley I think Kolar is better at this point.

More productive for sure and a great player. Wiley has more talent IMO. But it’s probably negligible and relative to your specific offense.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Sam's heart to head ratio is little too high.
In addition to herman, our success has been limited by Sam's accuracy and design making as well.

I am not too sad to see him move on. Give the next person a chance to make us better.

Sam's heart to head ratio is little too high.
In addition to herman, our success has been limited by Sam's accuracy and design making as well.

I am not too sad to see him move on. Give the next person a chance to make us better.

If we roll out Herman and Casey Thompson next year, the ceiling is 4 losses.

Sam has a 3.42gpa in the marketing school and I think he graduated early. How bout yourself?

Reactions: HornSolo
Does Iowa state have better coaches? They sure can coach up 3 star players to punch us in the mouth and disrespect us in front of the world.
Recruiting 5 star kids only matters if you can turn them in to 5 star players. I think Matt Campbell could do that at whatever program he ends up at

Reactions: DrHorn98
I was going to ask, “and how did all of that optimism work out for you?”

It was beyond optimism. It was confidence...which was doing well until the 4th quarter.
After that, it was replaced by frustration at Herman and I calmed myself by choosing to believe that Herman was instructed to not win. Because that is the only thing that made sense...

• Wow
Reactions: DrHorn98
ADVERTISEMENT