ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs San Diego game 2 thread

Big error by Texas. Started raining and ball slipped out Culbreth's hand trying to go to first. Bases loaded for USD with nobody out.

Sac bunt for an RBI by San Diego. Crazy hop. Bases still loaded 2-0 USD. Just not your day when the ball bounces like that.
laugh.r191677.gif

4-0 USD in the top of the 9th. Not sure I would have brought Bellow in the game. Can't grip his curve ball with the rain.

"San Diego is just playing with the horns. Great coaching."

laugh.r191677.gif
Just wait until June aggy. I hope we meet in another regional, it will be another easy win for Augie. Like always, aggys are excited over games in February in March.

This post was edited on 3/1 5:09 PM by utisdabomb12

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:

laugh.r191677.gif
Just wait until June aggy. I hope we meet in another regional, it will be another easy win for Augie. Like always, aggys are excited over games in February in March.

Your the one that created a topic on rpi in FEBRUARY. By the way, what will 0-2 do to that RPI?

"Your the one that created a topic on rpi in FEBRUARY. By the way, what will 0-2 do to that RPI?"

We will still have a higher RPI at the end of the year. Not even worried.

You aggys have no understanding of baseball, which is why Augie/Skip keep beating you in regionals. Come tournament time, pitching wins. It's why you see Skip resting our best pitchers like Hollingsworth today and also giving our other pitchers limited innings. You have to develop pitchers in these early games. Like always, you aggys will have 2 or so good arms come tournament time. We will have 5 or 6 good arms come tournament time because we develop our young arms early in the season. You guys were all excited last year after winning the 2nd game in the regionals, and I said the exact same thing. "We developed arms early in the season and will beat you in game 3 because we have more depth". You guys like winning in February and March, we like winning in June. That's also why we schedule tough competition in nonconference.

This post was edited on 3/1 3:19 PM by utisdabomb12

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:

laugh.r191677.gif

Your the one that created a topic on rpi in FEBRUARY. By the way, what will 0-2 do to that RPI?
Seeing as how we arent 0-2 what does it matter? Tell us again about all the great championship teams of aggy lore in mens sports.

"Tell us again about all the great championship teams of aggy lore in mens sports."

This is why I always crack up with aggys. They sure talk a big game, but they don't have much hardware. That's why I've never left this board, aggys don't bother me a bit. You have to win something before trash talk even catches my attention.

I can at least respect Sooner posters because they have some hardware.

Win the games youre supposed to win and the rest will take care of itself. Texas should split a series at home with San Diego at worst. You didn't and it will hurt you later.

"You didn't and it will hurt you later."

laugh.r191677.gif
We could have split if we wanted too. We didn't throw our ace Hollingsworth today. We only used our best reliever for one out. We used a bunch of FR in the batting lineup. It's like you didn't read my post above. You don't win titles in February and March, you win them in June. I don't mind losing games early in the season if it means we have some productive arms in the postseason. Out of all teams, aggys should remember Hollingsworth and Cooper from last year who developed during the season.

This post was edited on 3/1 6:54 PM by utisdabomb12

Win the games youre supposed to win and the rest will take care of itself. Texas should split a series at home with San Diego at worst. You didn't and it will hurt you later.
When the dust settles, Texas will be fine in baseball. This team is better than last year's team, which came in third overall nationally. I know you and several other aggys like to try to rile up bomb on here, but why not just focus on a&m, and not worry about Texas?

Originally posted by LonghornMM:
When the dust settles, Texas will be fine in baseball. This team is better than last year's team, which came in third overall nationally. I know you and several other aggys like to try to rile up bomb on here, but why not just focus on a&m, and not worry about Texas?
It's really about his little jabs in his RPI topic.

"It's really about his little jabs in his RPI topic."

Texas #51 in RPI.
A&M #101 in RPI.

So yeah, nothing has changed. Our RPI in nonconference will only improve after we play Stanford and Nebraska on the road.

Link

Awesome insight... tell us all about the championship aggy baseball tradition where you know enough about what is going on to discuss what may or may not hurt us down the road? This was a 2 game series... out of how many games for the season? We win the Big 12 and what difference does this one series matter? Oh wait... agys dont win conference championships or anything like that so you may truly not understand how this thing works......

The SEC and Texas didnt have a great weekend. This weather was as shitty as it comes and our guys played like they wanted no part of it. San Diego has a good team.

"It's really about his little jabs in his RPI topic."

Texas #51 in RPI.
A&M #101 in RPI.

So yeah, nothing has changed. Our RPI in nonconference will only improve after we play Stanford and Nebraska on the road.

I think the luster of Rice and Stanford will wear off as the season goes on. Neither team impresses me so far with five or more losses.

Originally posted by baseballaggie:

I think the luster of Rice and Stanford will wear off as the season goes on. Neither team impresses me so far with five or more losses.
Rice
Stanford
Texas
A&M

One of these things is not like the other ones.

Originally posted by Scholz:

Rice
Stanford
Texas
A&M

They'll never get it....

Rice
Stanford
Texas
A&M

Yep, Stanford isn't ranked!

Stanford has played Rice, Cal State Fullerton, Indiana, Nevada and Cal. Teams with an actual pulse.
Not some basketball schools from the Northeast.

Rice
Stanford
Texas
A&M

Wrong. Rice, Stanford and Texas have baseball programs.

Rice
Stanford
Texas
A&M

How much hardware do each of these schools have in baseball? That should help you clear up which team REALLY doesn't belong.......

Who cares about hardware? Hardware doesn't win games. All it does is ruin polls. If hardware mattered, they wouldn't have five or six losses.

Who cares about hardware?
You just summed up your entire sorry career here in one sentence! If you had a tenth of the heart of Ruettiger, you'd have made All-American by now! As it is, you just went from third team to the prep team! Get out of here!

Who cares about hardware? Hardware doesn't win games. All it does is ruin polls. If hardware mattered, they wouldn't have five or six losses.
Correct, Hardware doesn't win games, but games win Hardware, which A&M doesn't have.

I've seen it all now, an aggy degrading Rice and Stanford in baseball.
laugh.r191677.gif

I don't know enough about Stanford, but if you think Rice is just going to fade away come tournament time you have no clue what you are talking about. Rice has arms for days and pitching wins come postseason play. I won't be surprised if Rice wins it the entire thing to be honest. Rice has lost some games early in the season because they have a tough schedule, unlike you aggys.
This post was edited on 3/2 3:31 PM by utisdabomb12

ADVERTISEMENT