ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs the Cyclones official gameday thread********

If he goes 8-3 no way he gets fired. If he drops one of the Kansas games, he won't make it to the bowl. If he makes it and he loses the bowl, goes 7-4, I give it 50/50.

Herman will finish the year 7-3, perhaps 8-3 with a bowl win. You really think he's getting whacked?
Mediocrity. This was supposed to be the year. The only constant is underperforming. If it wasn’t Texas and the bar was lower, then maybe no. But shouldn’t our bar be higher?
Otherwise, we’re college football’s version of the Dallas Cowboys. Living on history. Today’s recruits don’t give a crap about history.

Herman will finish the year 7-3, perhaps 8-3 with a bowl win. You really think he's getting whacked?

Please-Shut-Up-Morgan-Freeman-Picture.jpg

I got up this morning . . . Had leftover tacos and coffee. 30 minutes later I took the shit of my life . . . Before flushing I turned around and marvelled at my creation . . . then flushed my creation and said a silent goodbye as Tom Herman disappeared down my toilet bowl. RIP Tommy . . . You felt great coming out!

Needless to say Im very disappointed. I still feel the talent is there and and for the most part we played good enough to win. But I am a loyal longhorn and right now it's really up to the powers that be. I said on another thread that I hope it's not a case of me wanting to believe it. I was really pumped for this one that's why it hurts so much. And for me personally I haven't felt this bad since the title game loss to CO and that was 20 years ago. We will probably finish 7/3 but will that be enough?

Needless to say Im very disappointed. I still feel the talent is there and and for the most part we played good enough to win. But I am a loyal longhorn and right now it's really up to the powers that be. I said on thread that I hope it's not a case of me wanting to believe it. I was really pumped for this one that's why it hurts so much. And for me personally I haven't felt this bad since the title game loss to CO and that was 20 years ago. We will probably finish 7/3 but will that be enough?
The talent is there. The coaching isn’t

He is mediocre. In everything. What does he do that leads one to believe he will ever get beyond being an 8-4/7-5?
Nothing, but firing coaches that go 8-3 doesn't happen very often, if ever. Secondly, don't think prospective coaches won't notice that as well.

Right now what's most important to me is that eyes of Texas situation gets worked out it's gotten ugly on all sides. There are multiple sides on this and everybody has to come together reach a consensus that will please everybody. My opinion is opinion although I can see all sides of this. There is so much involved on this issue and as I said before I have to trust the powers that be.

HookemHorns
And that will never change.

I got up this morning . . . Had leftover tacos and coffee. 30 minutes later I took the shit of my life . . . Before flushing I turned around and marvelled at my creation . . . then flushed my creation and said a silent goodbye as Tom Herman disappeared down my toilet bowl. RIP Tommy . . . You felt great coming out!

You're disgusting. And in the end it's still just fb.

If he goes 8-3 no way he gets fired. If he drops one of the Kansas games, he won't make it to the bowl. If he makes it and he loses the bowl, goes 7-4, I give it 50/50.

Everything set up for Texas to not only go undefeated in conference but they had a real shot at going undefeated overall and making a playoff spot. 7 returning starters on offense and 8 on defense. a four year starter at QB.

Texas plays in the f'ing Big 12 for crying out loud, not in the SEC. Tom has proven without a shadow of a doubt he is not ready to coach at Texas. Time for him to go back to Conference USA.

Right now what's most important to me is that eyes of Texas situation gets worked out it's gotten ugly on all sides. There are multiple sides on this and everybody has to come together reach a consensus that will please everybody. My opinion is opinion although I can see all sides of this. There is so much involved on this issue and as I said before I have to trust the powers that be.

HookemHorns
And that will never change.
What’s most important to me is that we become relevant again. Winning. We’re living on history and nostalgia.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Texas needs to find out in the next 48 hours if Urban will take the job. If yes make the move. If no you better figure out a plan B and fast.

A wise person knows who to trust.... herman chose the wrong unit(s) time and time again in the 4 th quarter....
4th and 1,...up by 4... going for it means trusting your offense over your defense that has been playing incredibly well all day
4th and 6,...up by 4... fake punt means trusting your special teams and offense more than your defense
2nd and 6 and 3rd and 6, throwing twice means trusting your passing game more than your running game.... and both more than your defense

Only an unwise man would not know all that....l

Ricky Williams said it best....Tom was making it harder for the team to win.

Reactions: westx
Nothing, but firing coaches that go 8-3 doesn't happen very often, if ever. Secondly, don't think prospective coaches won't notice that as well.

Mack was fired for only getting 8 wins

If a coach is scared to be fired after 4 mediocre years then why the hell would we want him anyway? And do you think an elite minded coach is scared of shit like that?

And ISU is for real and of that I am certain. They should beat WV next week and then they will have a chance, a good chance, of winning their first Big 8/Big XII tittle. Also in just 5 years Matt Campbell has beaten OK and Texas twice and in each rivalry he barely lost another one. And all that money ISU has spent to upgrade their facilities, and btw they have the 3rd biggest stadium in the Big XII, is starting to pay off.

A wise person knows who to trust.... herman chose the wrong unit(s) time and time again in the 4 th quarter....
4th and 1,...up by 4... going for it means trusting your offense over your defense that has been playing incredibly well all day
4th and 6,...up by 4... fake punt means trusting your special teams and offense more than your defense
2nd and 6 and 3rd and 6, throwing twice means trusting your passing game more than your running game.... and both more than your defense

Only an unwise man would not know all that....l

Ricky Williams said it best....Tom was making it harder for the team to win.
I would of taken the points, but I don’t think going for it was terrible. My issue with it is why isn’t your 5 star RB on the field? The fake punt though was just silly

Mack was fired for only getting 8 wins

If a coach is scared to be fired after 4 mediocre years then why the hell would we want him anyway? And do you think an elite minded coach is scared of shit like that?
Mack had 16 seasons and went 8-5 and was just 3 years removed from a season where he had a losing record. Herman will go 7-3 and very possibly 8-3 with a bowl win in year 4. In retrospect, was running Mack off the right move? If you think so, tune in ABC...

Just so I'm clear, you are publicly declaring you had Tom Herman in your ass and he felt good coming out?

• Haha
Reactions: DrinkToIt
In hindsight, we were wrong to have fired Mack. We were spoiled. Mack spoiled us with his constant 10 win seasons.
Nah we weren’t wrong to fire Mack. Mack even admits now that he probably needed the break. The decisions we made after firing Mack though have been awful and we’ve paid for it.

I would of taken the points, but I don’t think going for it was terrible. My issue with it is why isn’t your 5 star RB on the field? The fake punt though was just silly

I wasn't against the fake punt but they threw it to the wrong guy. Don't get me wrong I love Cade Brewer and he's given us maximus effort but he's had 2 knee surgery's and because of that he doesn't have the strength and speed anymore.

Typically we like to post how much our team sucks, players, mistakes, etc. A bad break here and there. But this one ain’t on the team or players. They have massive talent. Any of you with eyes for such thing should be able to see it. Iowa State was greatly out manned. Unfortunately, talent can only take you so far. This was one of the most poorly coached games I have ever seen. Herman and crew work so hard to overthink it: Every stinkin time. This game should have been put away several times. Time for next man up. Whoever it is it ain’t Herman.

So....you exorcised Tom Herman from your bunghole?

Reactions: DrinkToIt
In hindsight, we were wrong to have fired Mack. We were spoiled. Mack spoiled us with his constant 10 win seasons.
Mack may not come back but Chris Jesse had to have picked up some coaching while living with Mack? I’m sure he’s available?

ADVERTISEMENT