ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs UTEP

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
Wonder how many people gonna drive from El Paso for the game...? Probably hardly none,,,just like I would not drive to Lubbock to watch the Horns play..the old days are gone..

Horns 31

UTEP 10

Last edited:
Horns 56

UTEP 17

When we play TT it is usually in Nov, Deer Season, and at night. Usually my favorite game to watch and drink a coke with Jim Beam with fireplace going strong.

Reactions: fshanks
Wonder how many people gonna drive from El Paso for the game...? Probably hardly none,,,just like I would not drive to Lubbock to watch the Horns play..the old days are gone..

Horns 31

UTEP 10
If anybody does drive east to Austin, I can tell you they are Longhorn fans. El Paso is overwhelmingly Texas Longhorn and Dallas Cowboy country. We love UTEP as our local home team for entertainment and something to do. But, not like serious sports fans that have championships on their mind.

Our pass defense was ranked 127th last year.

The same four cats are back there.

UTEP had the 109th ranked passing offense last year.

They have a new QB and a decent WR in Jacob cowing.
The RB Wadley is a good sized kid-- 6 foot and around 235-- so they have a shot to run the football against our crap DLine.

Look for Tom to play it close to the vest and not wear anybody out today. Kids aren't in game shape at all.

34-20 good guys in a pedestrian game.

Our pass defense was ranked 127th last year.

The same four cats are back there.

UTEP had the 109th ranked passing offense last year.

They have a new QB and a decent WR in Jacob cowing.
The RB Wadley is a good sized kid-- 6 foot and around 235-- so they have a shot to run the football against our crap DLine.

Look for Tom to play it close to the vest and not wear anybody out today. Kids aren't in game shape at all.

34-20 good guys in a pedestrian game.

Hmm I was hearing our dline is the strong point of the D and had good depth?

Hmm I was hearing our dline is the strong point of the D and had good depth?
We returned all 4 DBs. Granted they were ranked 127th in pass D. I'm curious if we go back to rushing 3 or switch to a 4 man front. I don't see our DLine as stalwarts by any stretch.

48-3 final score. UTEP scores a field goal in the first two drives and that's it! Casey Thompson has more TDs than Sam this game.

ADVERTISEMENT