ADVERTISEMENT

Texas won

Iitbhorn3

Dec 22, 2010
The respect of everyone who played and watched.
They won the respect of the other team. Expect for a few punks who were throwing the horns down.
They won Sam Darnold's respect who chose to come shake the hands of the longhorns instead of piling on his kicker after the final FG. He earned my respect for that act.
They won the respect of the FOX commentary team who were all set to talk about Darnold and the USC offense all night.
They won the respect of each other in the locker room.

They absolutely lost the game. No excuses.

BTW, the noise level you heard from the Longhorns fans in a road game at a storied program like USC, is absolutely fantastic.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
They lost the game but it can be a building block for everyone if they use it as one. No one likes to lose but if you use it go learn and get better. You are better off from it. These next 3 games Iowa State, OK State and OU will make or break year 1of Tom Herman. Herman can use this to give the guys confidence they belong., but also put emphasis on doing the little things it takes to turn those games from L's to W's.

They lost the game but it can be a building block for everyone if they use it as one. No one likes to lose but if you use it go learn and get better. You are better off from it. These next 3 games Iowa State, OK State and OU will make or break year 1of Tom Herman. Herman can use this to give the guys confidence they belong., but also put emphasis on doing the little things it takes to turn those games from L's to W's.

This whole season is about learning. Not only for the players but the coaches. What fans need to learn is patience will pay off. These players are learning quick what it takes to win. We'll get back to the 10+ seasons but I hope our fans know now how hard it is to accomplish what Mack B did. I can tell he's spoiled some of us by the post that I read. Everyone wants to be back to the elite status but it's not just given because the football team has TEXAS on the front of the jersey.

Reactions: swVAHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT