ADVERTISEMENT

The Big XII as I see it

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
You know the Big XII made some modest gains last year. OK beat tOSU and made the playoffs. If nothing else at least our conference is a lot better than the Pac XII. Hey, we need something to cheer about lol. And we finished ahead of the ACC in bowl season last year. As for the rest of the conference......

WV, OSU, and TCU I'm going to wait and see. WV is one of only 2 Big XII schools, Texas being the other, to play 2 P5 schools in non con games. TCU plays tOSU on 9/15 the following weekend they play us. I just don't know about OSU they have to replace a qb who started for 4 years.

OK at the very least will be in an NYS bowl.

Let's face it time Big XII needs, actually desperately needs, for TX to be great again. We'll have the defense but will we have enough for the playoffs or at least an an NYS bowl? Were a year away.

I'm sorry but I predict the Big XII will miss the playoffs again. Hopefully TX and OK will at least be good enough to make an NYS bowl.

As for now, no one knows who is going to do what. UT could do some damage but OL needs to step up as well QB play. We get those two things better, UT will win the conference

I do not think OU or Texas needs the Big 12 to be better. A 1 loss OU or UT team that is the Big 12 champion will get in. There could be unusual situations where that could happen but it would be rare and I am hard pressed t think of one.

Teams other than OU or UT in the conference are not in the same boat and could get left out.

I am not big about riding on the tails of a conference affiliation, that seems to A&M and Arkansas like. You win because of the players and the coaches not because you are part of the SEC of Big 10.

Reactions: Sooner42601
Texas will need a Heisman-contender at quarterback once more if you guys want any chance of them making it to the playoff. Since the VY-Colt McCoy years, you've never had a really dynamic offense filled with playmakers and an elite QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT