ADVERTISEMENT

The Eyes of Texas

Lampasas

Nov 24, 2019
So now athletes have apparently released a letter with demands that include replacing the song.

So sad... When will this end?

Reactions: jspillane
The legacy of Tom Herman. The kalifornia curse just keeps on comin....Get the fvck out.

I really do hope someone stands up to this. If I were a BMD, I would pull funding. It appears someone already did on the basketball arena. Ha ha

Call their bluff. Pull their fvcking scholarships immediately.

I bet the alumni sing it anyway. Just to melt the pussy snowflakes.

I read today that Band-Aid is now producing different shades of color of Band-Aids to be more sensitive to the race issue. :rolleyes:

Finally! That makes one less thing I will have to worry about.
I can focus my SJW efforts elsewhere...

Reactions: freeper
I love tradition. But, now, change may be needed. If names are taken off, do not rename them after anyone. Maybe ALL statues need to come down (except Earl's).

UT will not be the only university up for changes.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
I love tradition. But, now, change may be needed. If names are taken off, do not rename them after anyone. Maybe ALL statues need to come down (except Earl's).

UT will not be the only university up for changes.

Burn the whole school down. It's a liberal cesspool. Revoke the endowment. I am sure the donors have strings attached. Let it burn.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Renaming some of the places, that stuff happens a lot and some of them are named after despicable people.

More statues is cool too, especially of POC.

The hardest sell is going to be The Eyes of Texas. Apparently it has some racist history. But I had no clue, that’s how insignificant it is.

If you keep going down the rabbit hole, you’ll find something bad for everything. You know why? Because the human race has been awful since the fall of man.

Rape, pillage, conquer and kill was the way of life for 10+ millennia. You’re going to find bad shit if you just do a little digging.

Some stuff needs a change and is good. But wise heads need to consider consequences when we start grasping at straws to change things.

Brown Univ was named after a benefactor who embarked on slave trading with a journey gone wrong (ship sank and everyone drowned as I read). The university and its liberal student body embarked on a massive study to justify keeping the name including a 120+ page report, money towards diversity, etc. How about UT do the same thing to keep the Eyes.

Hartzell was my finance prof in B-school in 2001. I'm betting this is not how he hoped to spend the first 100 days of his (interim) presidency.

Cut the whole teams scholarships, and let them go, if thats the way they think, Need tp put Herman ass on the road fast, to let this shit go, sounds like we have a lotta Black Panthers in the Locker room, I would rather lose every game then to cut our school song...good thing I daon't live in Austin, I would be picketing Herman s House and UT

Not Goonna Be us!

The legacy of Tom Herman. The kalifornia curse just keeps on comin....Get the fvck out.

I really do hope someone stands up to this. If I were a BMD, I would pull funding. It appears someone already did on the basketball arena. Ha ha

Call their bluff. Pull their fvcking scholarships immediately.

I bet the alumni sing it anyway. Just to melt the pussy snowflakes.

Herman lost control of his locker room, need to put his ass on the road!

Players also demanded the athletics department, specially, to institute a “permanent black athletic history exhibit” and called on the department to “donate 0.5% of their annual earnings to black organizations and the BLM movement.”

Nope. No money to organizations like BLM. Has anybody read their manifesto? They are going to kill their golden goose of paying players before it even lays one egg.

Last edited:
Players also demanded the athletics department, specially, to institute a “permanent black athletic history exhibit” and called on the department to “donate 0.5% of their annual earnings to black organizations and the BLM movement.”

Nope. No money to organizations like BLM. Has anybody read their manifesto? They are going to kill their golden goose before it even lays one egg.

No diff between BLM and Black Pathers! No to Domestic Terrorists! I got a feeling they are gonna get a ass out the door ceremony soon by some people...

ADVERTISEMENT